Imagine this SEC East scenario

The first tiebreaker is "Combined head to head record among the tied teams." In the scenario you've proposed, it would play out as follows:

UT: 2-2 (W: USCe, MU; L: UF, UGA)

MU: 1-3 (W: USCe; L: UGA, UT, UF)

UF: 2-2 (W: MU, UT; L: USCe, UGA)

USCe: 2-2 (W: UGA, UF; L: MU, UT)

UGA: 3-1 (W: UF, MU, UT; L: USCe)

The end result of that would be UGA winning the divisional tiebreaker; it would not go into any further tiebreakers following the first one.

I kinda knew that but didn’t want to have to say it and mess up my plan. Lol.
Should have known somebody would. Good detective 🕵️‍♂️ work. Damn stupid UGA.

It’s quite possible that 5 eastern teams could finish in a tie with 5-3 records.
What if the Vols, Gators, Bulldogs, Tigers, Gamecocks all finish 5-3, UK 3-5, Vandy 0-8.
It’s admittedly very improbable, but looking at the standings, it is possible.

SEC Football Clubhouse - Latest Headlines, Standings, Schedule, and Leaders

What if After all of the leagues tiebreakers, there’s still a few teams tied and the western division teams Presidents vote for Tennessee to represent the East in Atlanta.
Just chew on that sitcheeashun for a spell.
It's amazing what is posted on here. Simply amazing

No disrespect to the OP intended, but this line of thinking is simply pathetic loser mentality. UT needs to win the east, not hope for the stars to align perfectly. Win the games you are supposed to, and compete with the upper echelon teams, and UT will be in the hunt every year.

Reactions: Bigun
Not a great chance, but yes a chance.
Lose to Bama
Beat USC, UK, MIZZOU, VANDY
There is also a chance I could start dating Jennifer Anniston. Not a great chance, but a chance...in that we are both still alive....and that is about it.

The delusion by some Vol fans is unreal.

No disrespect to the OP intended, but this line of thinking is simply pathetic loser mentality. UT needs to win the east, not hope for the stars to align perfectly. Win the games you are supposed to, and compete with the upper echelon teams, and UT will be in the hunt every year.

Yeah, well, we haven't been in that position in over a decade. At this point it is more a realist mentality, not a loser mentality.

Reactions: 08Vol
Gonna slide into the SEC championship game like 07!

That's funny...... We won our last game to clinch the SEC East.........

We hardly backed into the division title considering we beat the team that finished second head to head......

Amazing that people still claim we backed into a division title.

That's funny...... We won our last game to clinch the SEC East.........

We hardly backed into the division title considering we beat the team that finished second head to head......

Amazing that people still claim we backed into a division title.
I was alive back then. I still remember the Knoxville press running the numbers suggesting that UT could make it to the SEC championship even after losing to Florida and Bama because Florida lost to Georgia but UT beat Georgia.

That last game you've heard about..that was the 4 OT Kentucky game that UT miraculously pulled off to...fall into the championship game..

I was alive back then. I still remember the Knoxville press running the numbers suggesting that UT could make it to the SEC championship even after losing to Florida and Bama because Florida lost to Georgia but UT beat Georgia.

That last game you've heard about..that was the 4 OT Kentucky game that UT miraculously pulled off to...fall into the championship game..

Last I checked, you playing the league title game because you win the division. And that is what we did.

The only team that would have backed in is if we had lost to UK or USC and UGA made it to the league title in Atlanta.

At the end of the day, we beat the #2 team in the division head to head. UF was #3 and we had a bad upset to Bama.

We took care of our business and won the division. UGA did not.

Its amazing that we go 5-1 in division play yet we "backed into winning the division" ...........

Makes total sense.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Last I checked, you playing the league title game because you win the division. And that is what we did.

The only team that would have backed in is if we had lost to UK or USC and UGA made it to the league title in Atlanta.

At the end of the day, we beat the #2 team in the division head to head. UF was #3 and we had a bad upset to Bama.

We took care of our business and won the division. UGA did not.

Its amazing that we go 5-1 in division play yet we "backed into winning the division" ...........

Makes total sense.
Like I said. I was alive then, an adult, and I remember exactly how the season went. I went to all the home games (I've never seen them lose in person in 30+ years). UT stumbled into the championship game after a 4 OT Kentucky shootout. They benefited from Florida dropping an extra game and a solid beating of Georgia, thats it. Georgia was a top 5 team and not going to the SEC championship game irked some folks folks. Didn't bother me none.

Like I said. I was alive then, an adult, and I remember exactly how the season went. I went to all the home games (I've never seen them lose in person in 30+ years). UT stumbled into the championship game after a 4 OT Kentucky shootout. They benefited from Florida dropping an extra game and a solid beating of Georgia, thats it. Georgia was a top 5 team and not going to the SEC championship game irked some folks folks. Didn't bother me none.

I was alive and an adult then too and I remember it very clearly. We got upset by Bama, but UF who finished as the 3rd place team in the division didn't handle their business. Considering we beat the #2 team in the division head to head means we took care of our business.

And it doesn't matter if it irked folks at all. We beat them head to head and won the division. You can't back into a division title when you beat the team that finished in 2nd place head to head.

I was alive and an adult then too and I remember it very clearly. We got upset by Bama, but UF who finished as the 3rd place team in the division didn't handle their business. Considering we beat the #2 team in the division head to head means we took care of our business.

And it doesn't matter if it irked folks at all. We beat them head to head and won the division. You can't back into a division title when you beat the team that finished in 2nd place head to head.
Yeah..you back into it when you aren't the favorite. You inadvertently admit this when you say UF didn't handle their business. UT was never the favorite to win the division and barely escaped KY to back into a championship birth whether you like/understand it or not.

Seems someone is still salty after a thrashing.

Yeah..you back into it when you aren't the favorite. You inadvertently admit this when you say UF didn't handle their business. UT was never the favorite to win the division and barely escaped KY to back into a championship birth whether you like/understand it or not.

Seems someone is still salty after a thrashing.

UT finished 5-1 in the Division vs the runner up UGA who was 4-2 in the division. UF is irrelevant considering they didn't match our league record.

You can't back into a division title when the team that finishes in the runner up spot is a team you beat head to head. 3rd place UF is irrelevant.

And there has been no thrashing. Atleast not by you considering you sought me out in responding to my comment in the first place......

VN Store

Back