I'm Not Hearing Much About....

still not hearing much love for Memphis. Everyone liked MSU to beat them and most assuredly all of the talking heads are going to take TX. I still like the quiet around this team.

Im right there with ya BPV. I really think even if Memphis wins the NC. they still won't get the props that are due to them.

And now....here come the talking heads to pick Memphis to lose their 4th in a row. The quality of Memphis' d is way overlooked. Howland gets tons of credit for his d at UCLA, but I'll take Memphis' d all day long over UCLA's. The officiating help UCLA gets, that's a different matter.

That could be the difference...should be a great matchup...any idea when the last time all #1 seeds played in the Final Four? I cant remember off the top of my head.

This would be the first time, and Dickie V and the other morons can't get enough of it.

That could be the difference...should be a great matchup...any idea when the last time all #1 seeds played in the Final Four? I cant remember off the top of my head.
kinda funny from a UNC fan.

Never before have all four top seeds made the final four.

Arthur MIGHT be slightly more athletic, but he's not as big and doesn't rebound or defend as well. Dozier, sans shoddy officiating, would be just fine against Jackson. If you would take Kaun over any of the Memphis big men, then you would lose more than I would.

You're trying to make KUs paint presence some formidable force that it is not. KU shoots the ball extremely well and defends well. Their post game is not their strength.

You pointed out quite a few tough games for Memphis, but they did nothing as bad as losing to Ok St.

A 20 and 10 performance tells an entirely different story.
7999676_18_1.jpg
-This would make an excellent poster, by the way

Here's a breakdown of Memphis-Kansas frontcourt contributions:

Kansas Jayhawks
MIN FGM-A FTM-A OFF REB AST PF PTS
D. Arthur, F 35 9-13 2-2 5 10 1 3 20
D. Jackson, F 29 3-4 2-2 1 8 1 1 8
S. Kaun, C 21 2-5 0-0 1 2 0 2 4
C. Aldrich, C 4 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

Memphis Tigers
R. Dozier, F 39 4-11 2-3 5 10 3 2 11
J. Dorsey, F 26 3-3 0-0 1 2 1 5 6
S. Taggart, F 24 1-5 0-0 2 3 0 2 2
P. Niles, F 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

Kansas' founcourt clearly had the edge last night. Memphis had no answer for Darrell Arthur defensively. The Tigers also lost the overall rebounding battle 39-28. On an off shooting night, the Jayhawks' froncourt ended up being the saving grace of their title run.

A 20 and 10 performance tells an entirely different story.
7999676_18_1.jpg
-This would make an excellent poster, by the way

Here's a breakdown of Memphis-Kansas frontcourt contributions:

Kansas Jayhawks
D. Arthur, F 35 9-13 2-2 5 10 1 3 20
D. Jackson, F 29 3-4 2-2 1 8 1 1 8
S. Kaun, C 21 2-5 0-0 1 2 0 2 4
C. Aldrich, C 4 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

Memphis Tigers
R. Dozier, F 39 4-11 2-3 5 10 3 2 11
J. Dorsey, F 26 3-3 0-0 1 2 1 5 6
S. Taggart, F 24 1-5 0-0 2 3 0 2 2
P. Niles, F 1 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0

Kansas' founcourt clearly had the edge last night. Memphis had no answer for Darrell Arthur defensively. The Tigers also lost the overall rebounding battle 39-28. On an off shooting night, the Jayhawks' froncourt ended up being the saving grace of their title run.
you wanna recap the foul story for me? seems to me it impacted the post game more than any bit of talent on either of the teams.

you wanna recap the foul story for me? seems to me it impacted the post game more than any bit of talent on either of the teams.
I agree, had the three flagrant fouls and the one technical been called appropriately, KU would not have needed overtime to win.

I agree, had the three flagrant fouls and the one technical been called appropriately, KU would not have needed overtime to win.
exactly right, they would have taken their consolation interview and gone home, but you haven't addressed the massive foul disparity between the big men of the two teams.

Memphis' lack of aggression can easily be pinned on the two very quick and very cheap fouls hung on taggert early in the first half. Those guys can't be dominant in foul trouble.

Surely the three flagrant fouls you're discussing are all of those by KU as they were intentionally fouling to stop the clock and put Memphis at the FT line.

There should have been two technicals on Memphis that weren't called.
which ones? the CDR ball bounce and Dorsey's running into Aldrich? either of those would have been very weak. CDR wasn't complaining about the officiating and Dorsey was turning to go back down the floor. If the second bump was your issue, Aldrich had the exact same opportunity to change paths as Dorsey did. Neither budged.

which ones? the CDR ball bounce and Dorsey's running into Aldrich? either of those would have been very weak. CDR wasn't complaining about the officiating and Dorsey was turning to go back down the floor. If the second bump was your issue, Aldrich had the exact same opportunity to change paths as Dorsey did. Neither budged.

CDR's ball SLAM (not bounce) went above the backboard. That's a T.

Dorsey slammed the ball earlier in the game, but caught the ball before it could go high.

How about cutting under Rush on the dunk? That most definitely was not a play on the ball.

How about the two handed shove to Collins at the end? Again, not a play on the ball!

I could care less what CDR was complaining about. He spiked the basketball on the court. Nine times out of ten, officials will T a player up for that.

As for the disparity of the fouls? That in no way gives any credibility to your argument that the refs were unfair to Memphis. Is simply means that Memphis' inside guys fouled more than KUs...

Also, if you want to complain about something, complain about Memphis, as a team, playing absolutely brain dead down the stretch.

How about cutting under Rush on the dunk? That most definitely was not a play on the ball.

How about the two handed shove to Collins at the end? Again, not a play on the ball!

I could care less what CDR was complaining about. He spiked the basketball on the court. Nine times out of ten, officials will T a player up for that.

As for the disparity of the fouls? That in no way gives any credibility to your argument that the refs were unfair to Memphis. Is simply means that Memphis' inside guys fouled more than KUs...

Also, if you want to complain about something, complain about Memphis, as a team, playing absolutely brain dead down the stretch.
the shove on Collins was uncalled, period. It gets called, you have a different outcome.

not a prayer that the foul disparity was about who fouled more.

Memphis made some poor plays during the garbage fouling session that has now come to define the end of all college basketball games, but the stretch run was dominated by Memphis and KU needed every bit of luck they could muster to tie the ballgame. Hell, even Collins hit a 3.

Look, I'm a UT fan and was pulling for Memphis because I picked 'em, but don't have enough bias in the game to really care about the outcome. Again, I said that it appeared that the better team lost the basketball game. It wasn't the first time and won't be the last. Memphis made poor plays and KU made great ones in the waning moments. No arguing that. I understand all the cliche's about winners getting it done at crunch time. KU got it done, but you're not convincing me that they outplayed Memphis, about whom I care very, very little.

the shove on Collins was uncalled, period. It gets called, you have a different outcome.

not a prayer that the foul disparity was about who fouled more.

Memphis made some poor plays during the garbage fouling session that has now come to define the end of all college basketball games, but the stretch run was dominated by Memphis and KU needed every bit of luck they could muster to tie the ballgame. Hell, even Collins hit a 3.

Look, I'm a UT fan and was pulling for Memphis because I picked 'em, but don't have enough bias in the game to really care about the outcome. Again, I said that it appeared that the better team lost the basketball game. It wasn't the first time and won't be the last. Memphis made poor plays and KU made great ones in the waning moments. No arguing that. I understand all the cliche's about winners getting it done at crunch time. KU got it done, but you're not convincing me that they outplayed Memphis, about whom I care very, very little.
Interesting that a guy who shoots over 38%, for his career, from beyond the arc hit a three...

VN Store

Back