I'm Not Hearing Much About....

Memphis has seen just about every Defense that there is this year. From the start of the season till now, that's just about all Memphis has seen zone and junk D's and all that has done was get them ready for the tourney. God forbid someone plays them man to man, that would be fun to watch.
trick Ds and zones just don't rebound well and Memphis kills on the offensive glass. In fact, our win over Memphis can be attributed almost solely to our handily winning the battle of the boards.

I think on Foxsports the "expert" has them losing to Mich State...haven't seem them play this year, any reason to think that?

Also, yall think no matter what, rose is gone?

I think Memphis is definitely one of the 6-8 teams capable of winning the tournament, but no more capable than any of the other teams. The problem is that other than UT, they have not seen any NCAA tourney competition in the last few weeks. Memphis has played exactly one tourney team in the last 16 games - and lost.

I think Memphis is definitely one of the 6-8 teams capable of winning the tournament, but no more capable than any of the other teams. The problem is that other than UT, they have not seen any NCAA tourney competition in the last few weeks. Memphis has played exactly one tourney team in the last 16 games - and lost.

True, but lets look at it this way also. Memphis played there hardest part at the first of the season to get them ready for the tourney. So, I look at it like they have been through boot camp and now ready for war.

I think on Foxsports the "expert" has them losing to Mich State...haven't seem them play this year, any reason to think that?

Also, yall think no matter what, rose is gone?

I think Memphis would get the W over Mich State it would be a good game, but Memphis would win. Rose is gone like the wind, the kid is that good.

I have Memphis losing to Pitt, sorry not what I would like, but what I see happening. I think missed FTs get them.

James rebounds well about every other game, but hasn't seen a crowd as big AND athletic as Memphis. I'd be shocked if the reb margin weren't 15.

Darrel Arthur, Darnell Jackson, Sasha Kaun and Cole Aldrich is the best frontcourt Damion James will have faced all year.

Darrel Arthur, Darnell Jackson, Sasha Kaun and Cole Aldrich is the best frontcourt Damion James will have faced all year.
Anything with Kaun at the center is not the best of anything. Kaun is the weak link. Replace him with anything and you've got a solid frontcourt. He will not have met a better defensive group nor as good an offensive rebounding group than Memphis.

If Dorsey keeps his head from his rear, he can be an absolute dominator on the boards and ridiculous on D.

He will not have met a better defensive group nor as good an offensive rebounding group than Memphis.

If Dorsey keeps his head from his rear, he can be an absolute dominator on the boards and ridiculous on D.

1. The same group that got absolutely pummelled by Chism, Crews, and Williams on the boards (especially on the offensive end)?

2. That's just it, BPV. He's too inconsistent for me to consider him a dominant low post threat. Joey is routinely M.I.A. in big game settings.

1. The same group that got absolutely pummelled by Chism, Crews, and Williams on the boards (especially on the offensive end)?

2. That's just it, BPV. He's too inconsistent for me to consider him a dominant low post threat. Joey is routinely M.I.A. in big game settings.
I acknowledge that they played very poorly against us, but that doesn't change the fact that they have the biggest AND most athletic frontcourt that TX will ever see.

33-1 just reeks of inconsistency.

I acknowledge that they played very poorly against us, but that doesn't change the fact that they have the biggest AND most athletic frontcourt that TX will ever see.

33-1 just reeks of inconsistency.

Memphis is 33-1 due to Joey Dorsey's consistency?

They also played poorly against USC, UTEP, Houston, UAB, etc.

As far as Kansas is concerned, Darrel Arthur is more athletic than Dorsey, Dozier, and Taggart could ever hope to be. I would have added Niles and Bailey to the list, but they never seem to escape their water/towel duties.

Sasha Kaun has actually been a steady performer in a power conference. While he's not the rebounding/shot-blocking threat Joey Dorsey can be, he's much more skilled offensively.

I'd love to see Dozier try and check Darnell Jackson. Based on Robert's history with other physical big man, Darnell would presumably bully Robert on both ends of the floor.

They also played poorly against USC, UTEP, Houston, UAB, etc.

As far as Kansas is concerned, Darrel Arthur is more athletic than Dorsey, Dozier, and Taggart could ever hope to be. I would have added Niles and Bailey to the list, but they never seem to escape their water/towel duties.

Sasha Kaun has actually been a steady performer in a power conference. While he's not the rebounding/shot-blocking threat Joey Dorsey can be, he's much more skilled offensively.

I'd love to see Dozier try and check Darnell Jackson. Based on Robert's history with other physical big man, Darnell would presumably bully Robert on both ends of the floor.

Arthur MIGHT be slightly more athletic, but he's not as big and doesn't rebound or defend as well. Dozier, sans shoddy officiating, would be just fine against Jackson. If you would take Kaun over any of the Memphis big men, then you would lose more than I would.

You're trying to make KUs paint presence some formidable force that it is not. KU shoots the ball extremely well and defends well. Their post game is not their strength.

You pointed out quite a few tough games for Memphis, but they did nothing as bad as losing to Ok St.

Arthur MIGHT be slightly more athletic, but he's not as big and doesn't rebound or defend as well. Dozier, sans shoddy officiating, would be just fine against Jackson. If you would take Kaun over any of the Memphis big men, then you would lose more than I would.

You're trying to make KUs paint presence some formidable force that it is not. KU shoots the ball extremely well and defends well. Their post game is not their strength.
You pointed out quite a few tough games for Memphis, but they did nothing as bad as losing to Ok St.

It's not the strength of their team, but I think it's better than you give it credit for.

It's not the strength of their team, but I think it's better than you give it credit for.
I have maintained all year that I think they have the best team in the country, even when they struggled late in the season.

However, I do think Memphis is a particularly tough matchup for them. Memphis defends as well and is equally athletic. Rush won't find 10 open 3s to hoist as he would against TX.

Excellent observations. It's a huge mistake for anyone to underestimate the Tigers. Everyone is ignoring they blew out everybody they played in the CUSA tournament, and while I realize the other teams weren't very talented, Memphis was just getting their engines revved up.
Ladies and gentlemen please take your seats and prepare for takeoff
:superman::superman::superman:

VN Store

Back