‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

I think GMs would probably still take Boutte over Ced bc of his potential and higher ceiling. Hell George Pickens was drafted in the 2nd round and he had hella character concerns and little on field production...
Might be biased but I think Ced is a first round guy. His production against the best in the SEC speaks for itself

I think GMs would probably still take Boutte over Ced bc of his potential and higher ceiling. Hell George Pickens was drafted in the 2nd round and he had hella character concerns and little on field production...
What potential? Tillman is 3" taller and shows more than enough speed and physicality... plus he doesn't pout that we know of.

Might be biased but I think Ced is a first round guy. His production against the best in the SEC speaks for itself
Underwear Olympics will cost him a round imo. Then they’re never timed in shorts and track shoes again and the NFL lets them determine their legacy on the field.

But last year was pretty shallow draft class overall my most accounts. Pickens wouldn't go in the first 2 rounds this year in what appears to be a very deep class overall.

Mike Williams seems more in line with Till than Allen. Keenan Allen is one of the best route runners in the league. MW is a big bodied dude who excels against smaller corners

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Last year's WR draft class was definitely not shallow lol

Talking about the draft as a whole. Only 1 QB taken in the first 2 rounds. Not very good on OL either. CB class was pretty weak. Unlikely Pickens goes in the 2nd if he were the 2021 draft, which was a much deeper class overall.

What potential? Tillman is 3" taller and shows more than enough speed and physicality... plus he doesn't pout that we know of.

I love Ced but Boutte is more athletic, faster, and a better route runner at this stage. He also is younger, all things that pro scouts like.

But last year was pretty shallow draft class overall my most accounts. Pickens wouldn't go in the first 2 rounds this year in what appears to be a very deep class overall.

Not the WR class though. The WR class was loaded and a guy we only had 1300 yards receiving for his career over 3 seasons was drafted in the 2nd round bc of his potential.

I love Ced but Boutte is more athletic, faster, and a better route runner at this stage. He also is younger, all things that pro scouts like.
Not trying to argue, but who or what is the source that says Boutte is a better route runner? I honestly don't know, just wondering where this is coming from.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I would say that Tillman's athleticism is pretty good and know of no case where it has failed him. He's more physical which is an aspect of applying athleticism. Better route runner? Not sure. Part of that for both is a product of the system they've succeeded in.

And again, Boutte isn't going to grow 3" or get longer. I don't know how scouts will view them... just that I don't think it is the run away you seem to think.

Not trying to argue, but who or what is the source that says Boutte is a better route runner? I honestly don't know, just wondering where this is coming from.

My unprofessional opinion lmao.

Ced route tree is limited. Go routes, post, and comebacks. He even mentioned he need to improve his route running. With that said, Ced is the type of kid who will continue to improve and improve. His work ethic is unquestioned. The only knock on Ced is he is a Kappa lol.

Reactions: drvenner
I would say that Tillman's athleticism is pretty good and know of no case where it has failed him. He's more physical which is an aspect of applying athleticism. Better route runner? Not sure. Part of that for both is a product of the system they've succeeded in.

And again, Boutte isn't going to grow 3" or get longer. I don't know how scouts will view them... just that I don't think it is the run away you seem to think.

Nothing is absolute and I hope it doesn't appear I'm saying that. Both guys should be 1st round picks imo.

With that said, I don't think height is going to make a difference in draft stock for WRs. There have been plenty of 6 foot guys go in the 1st round the last 2-3 drafts. Some teams prefer big body wide outs while others don't.

Ced's athleticism is fine but Boutte being more athletic plays into what scouts (based on recent drafts) seems to have a higher appreciation for.

VN Store

Back