‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

What? Marvin Harrison Jr. (who is as fantastic a route runner as his Hall of fame dad), Emeka Egbuka (5*), Julian Fleming 5*, and a plethora of other high 4*'s.... along with JSN...... They are so loaded with WR talent they can't play them all and it's all due to Brian Hartline. I agree that the Vols have probably the top receiving corps in the SEC but let's be realistic here.

I didn't say I thought we had the best WR group in the country but it has been floated out there. I would agree with you that Ohio State is probably #1.

Boutte has character concerns imo. You can chalk it up to playing for a dunce and I wouldn’t balk at that, but if Im a GM I take Tillman over Boutte.

I think GMs would probably still take Boutte over Ced bc of his potential and higher ceiling. Hell George Pickens was drafted in the 2nd round and he had hella character concerns and little on field production...

Tillman and Deebo are two different players with the ball in their hands imo. Pretty sure Deebo is also like 5’11 and is more of a gadget player
Deebo is 6’ and around 215-220 if I remember correctly. They both use their body to prevent defenders from getting to the ball.

Yes, Deebo is more aggressive with his yac but in terms of how they run routes, it’s very similar.

While I'm certainly not going to call them equal talents, at this point, but for me, Michael Thomas (Saints) is probably the most recognizable current name with a similar playing style and size/speed comparison.
Keeping with the "Michael" theme, Michael Pittman Jr. (who I often forget about because he plays for the Colts) is another really good comp for Tillman. I probably like that one better than Michael Thomas because it seems a little more grounded in terms of their relative talent levels rather than trying to make a comparison to an all-pro like Thomas.

VN Store

Back