‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

When Tate did an interview with ESPN after a visit to UT, he was asked what he thought about NIL. He said he likes it but it needs to be changed a little because a team shouldn't be able to give most of their NIL money to one player. I knew then he was talking about Nico right off and after that I knew he wasn't coming here. So not surprised at all.

When Tate did an interview with ESPN after a visit to UT, he was asked what he thought about NIL. He said he likes it but it needs to be changed a little because a team shouldn't be able to give most of their NIL money to one player. I knew then he was talking about Nico right off and after that I knew he wasn't coming here. So not surprised at all.
The team isn't giving Nico a dime. Not attacking you personally but if that was his reason for not choosing UT then he blamed the wrong people.

Not worried here.

He's only about 6'0 and goes about 4.6- 40
Runs routes like a single man on Valentine's Day!

Pass...

The team isn't giving Nico a dime. Not attacking you personally but if that was his reason for not choosing UT then he blamed the wrong people.
I respect what your saying because UT doesn't give the money but they have control over the NIL deals. The old back door deals is 100% alive with the age of NIL.

Reactions: vettefool
I respect what your saying because UT doesn't give the money but they have control over the NIL deals. The old back door deals is 100% alive with the age of NIL.
I really do not think that UT had ANY control over the Nico deal even if it is as reported.

Do you have proof that UT is controlling NIL deals? Obviously Spyre can look at who UT is pursuing and gauge who they're pursuing the hardest. But that's not UT controlling NIL.

Honestly I wanted Tate just for the perception of having a top player committing here but as far as a receiver there are others I would rather have. I want a receiver like Bama has had that once he gets to the corner, he’s gone! Speed is what I want.

Honestly I wanted Tate just for the perception of having a top player committing here but as far as a receiver there are others I would rather have. I want a receiver like Bama has had that once he gets to the corner, he’s gone! Speed is what I want.
Yeah.
Tate is like Tony Brown 2.0

Reactions: barrylee
I really do not think that UT had ANY control over the Nico deal even if it is as reported.

Do you have proof that UT is controlling NIL deals? Obviously Spyre can look at who UT is pursuing and gauge who they're pursuing the hardest. But that's not UT controlling NIL.
I guess I will have to agree to disagree because neither of us could prove either way but I believe all schools are doing it. Look at Deion Sanders for another example. I wasn't try to bash my beloved Vols but I'm not naive either. That's like saying Alabama hasn't been paying players for years but now its just legal.

It would be great to beat out Bama, tosu, ga., okla., and the other high profile top teams. we surely should attempt to sign the very top players but we MUST sign a high number of the next level until we win enough to convince the top guys we are on the right track. the Vols need to consistently beat out the ole miss, s. Car., Kentucky, Auburn, etc. for the next level guys not made a high priority by the top teams. We can always sign a few with the right nil offer. It’s going to take some consistent winning in addition to significant nil offers, at least for now.

I guess I will have to agree to disagree because neither of us could prove either way but I believe all schools are doing it. Look at Deion Sanders for another example. I wasn't try to bash my beloved Vols but I'm not naive either. That's like saying Alabama hasn't been paying players for years but now its just legal.
I think there are more than enough ways to signal who you're after that programs won't take the extra risks... especially UT on the heels of Pruitt's issues. Maybe especially true of everyone since the NCAA has NIL stuck in its throat so badly.

The problem with that is Spyre's strategy for spending money might not make things equitable among recruits... witness Tate's comment. If players perceive that one guy is getting too much with others not getting much... it works against you. Sort of like the NFL putting too much of its cap money into a QB.

Reactions: TrueVol1970
Best of luck kid. Hopefully we'll see you again in the playoffs in a couple of years..

✌️😎

VN Store

Back