‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

Supposedly Spyre is having it's hands tied by admin. This is going around a couple of the other boards. Not sure I believe it, but TIFWIW.

View attachment 465842

I don’t know if I buy it or not, but it wouldn’t surprise me that our admin is running scared with the Pruitt stuff still not final.

However, if true, you can kiss goodbye the Top 5-10 class if we’re going to try and ask Francis and Chandavian and other blue chip recruits to come here out of good will when other places will offer them NIL.

Supposedly Spyre is having it's hands tied by admin. This is going around a couple of the other boards. Not sure I believe it, but TIFWIW.

View attachment 465842

If this is true then it’s hilarious. I mean here we thought we had finally gotten a good administration setup. Only to find out we may still have blundering idiots in charge.

Reactions: VolNash17
I don’t know if I buy it or not, but it wouldn’t surprise me that our admin is running scared with the Pruitt stuff still not final.

However, if true, you can kiss goodbye the Top 5-10 class if we’re going to try and ask Francis and Chandavian and other blue chip recruits to come here out of good will when other places will offer them NIL.

What do you mean about the Pruitt stuff not final?

What do you mean about the Pruitt stuff not final?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the investigation into TN was never “officially” closed, right? We’re still waiting on the NCAA to announce the punishment?

Maybe my head has been under the rug, but I can’t imagine White is going to risk getting in trouble with our ass still on the line with the NCAA due to the last staff and their blunders.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the investigation into TN was never “officially” closed, right? We’re still waiting on the NCAA to announce the punishment?

Maybe my head has been under the rug, but I can’t imagine White is going to risk getting in trouble with our ass still on the line with the NCAA due to the last staff and their blunders.

I don’t know if they are even still investigating it honestly. Since there has been no smoke around it I assumed it was just a dead issue.

OSU has a long history of being a second tier ahole school since Woody Hayes. If he can lower himself to that (regardless of the money) then good riddance to him. Not surprising for a no class Chicago guy.

OSU has a long history of being a second tier ahole school since Woody Hayes. If he can lower himself to that (regardless of the money) then good riddance to him. Not surprising for a no class Chicago guy.
Or maybe he just wants to play for national titles

Ohio St. of course and we have whiffed on two big recruits today, meanwhile Arkansas is crushing it
200.gif

Seeing Niedermeyer's tweet, you can just tell he is full of hatred for UT. I guarantee you, he was in Tate's ear telling him don't come here. He'll do the same for any IMG athelete. Recruiting that school just got a lot harder. Hoped he was better than that. Wanted Tate, but we'll get someone and move on and cheer just as loudly for the new kid. Would say i wish him luck, but I could care less honestly. Only luck i wish for is towards a Vol.

I highly doubt Tennessee is holding back what they are allowed to do with NIL. That the NCAA has dragged out this long is not shocking, it’s what they do. At this point Tennessee is going to do everything it can that is legal to recruit a player. Tate went to the school his heart was at. Top dollar isn’t always going to get every player. Many other factors go into getting a player. Some folks on here just have to invent a reason we lost a recruit. Sometimes it just happens, that’s all. GBO

Reactions: drvenner
from what i have been told by a six figure donor was that the administration never has been big fans of spyre. the admin. sees them as taking money that the school should be getting for construction projects and it is affecting the budgeting of the schools construction plans. there are some in the admin. that think that 35 million would go farther in brick and mortar than paying recruits

Reactions: Montrell Hardy
from what i have been told by a six figure donor was that the administration never has been big fans of spyre. the admin. sees them as taking money that the school should be getting for construction projects and it is affecting the budgeting of the schools construction plans. there are some in the admin. that think that 35 million would go farther in brick and mortar than paying recruits
the better football does the more $$ they get, simple as that

I don't like NIL as currently structured, don't think it helps promote parity, and I don't think that it's a good primary payment system for college athletes. But whatever Tennessee has done with NIL so far, TAMU appears to have done 10 times more. Maybe Miami, Louisville and USC too, and I'm sort of a secondary USC fan. If they start handing out punishments, they'll have to burn down the sport.

Having said that, I can understand why athletic departments are now confused about what to do, because this is one massive SNAFU.

VN Store

Back