If You Want To Read Something Brutal...

Yes, that is pretty blunt.

I don't think Shula thinks alot of Saban. I heard, in an interview this morning, a reporter ask Shula what he would do to replace Saban. Shula responded, "He was 15-17 in two years. That shouldn't be that hard to replace." Ouch.

I have an idea...maybe he can get his boy Mike the job.:)

Exactly why is anyone talking to a senile goof like Don Shula? You talk about living in the past, he hasn't been relevant in over 30 years. He's a bitter old stooge. He deserves having two imbeciles as sons.

Bravo!

The 'Saban can't be trusted' deal just falls apart in the wash to me.
Can't be trusted because he decided to take a seventeen million dollar raise and commit the rest of his career to coaching 18 to 22 year olds? C'mon...

Can't be trusted because he told folks he wasn't gonna leave, then changed his mind? Happens every damn day.

Won't be able to look a recruits mom in the face and say 'trust me'? Professional apples versus character oranges.

Nick Saban is going to be a damn good coach down there. I think everybody realizes that on one level or another. Bama has rejoined the fray. Good for them. They will still have to go out there and earn every first down. We wouldn't, and they wouldn't, have it any other way. The SEC is the best, and the best want to play the best.
Now everybody back to your corners and lets get ready for next year.

Exactly why is anyone talking to a senile goof like Don Shula? You talk about living in the past, he hasn't been relevant in over 30 years. He's a bitter old stooge. He deserves having two imbeciles as sons.

As much hate as you spew on here, you are the one that sounds like a bitter old stooge. :rolleyes:

Sounds like Mr. Dan Le Batard has gotten alot of sand in his mangina. Get over it. It's business.

Don Shula's main business in all of this is to make his son and the Miami Dolphins look good, and smear the name of Saban and Alabama Football.

When told of Shula's comments CNS only response was....He can kiss my rich ass! Which now has become the Tides new battle cry.....Kiss our rich ass!

Seriously it might not be the professional thing to do but If I were Nick Saban I'd get back at Shula with some soundbites myself.

....But that would make a bad situation worse so......thats why I wouldn't be a good head coach because I wouldn't be the most politically correct guy in the world.

Seriously it might not be the professional thing to do but If I were Nick Saban I'd get back at Shula with some soundbites myself.

....But that would make a bad situation worse so......thats why I wouldn't be a good head coach because I wouldn't be the most politically correct guy in the world.
With that cash I'd hire Ron White as my press sec!

Does thid mean CPF daughter will coach UT some day:)
I think one is being groomed to take over the softball team. Thats the only explanation for her being on the team! Saw her play in HS many times and she is not on that level!

That, my friend, is where all of the venom is coming from. Everyone realizes that and some can't handle it for whatever reason.

That's where a lot of Tennessee fans' venom comes from, perhaps, but the national media doesn't care whether Alabama's any good, and they've been all over Saban too. They're pissed because he eschewed the usual coachspeak stuff in favor of flat-out lying about it, and apparently that crossed some sort of line. The usual coachspeak way of dealing with a potential job change is obviously lying, too -- see Rich Rodriguez a few weeks ago -- but by lapsing into cliche and expected platitudes it doesn't quite rise to the level of an outright barefaced falsehood. As my wife says, "It's not lying if the other person KNOWS you're lying," and this time Saban went far enough that the media didn't KNOW he was lying. And now they're pissed.

That, my friend, is where all of the venom is coming from. Everyone realizes that and some can't handle it for whatever reason.

Exactly. Hell, I'm not thrilled about him going to BAMA, but it is what it is.

It's also worth noting that Huizenga wished him well and showed no animosity toward Saban leaving. He also stated that there were deeper reasons for the move, which leads me to believe that Wayne will in fact look to sell the Dolphins as rumors have mentioned. Saban's only real loyalty was to the owner.

Our coaches better man up on recruiting, because Nick's gonna be dipping into our prospects!

That's where a lot of Tennessee fans' venom comes from, perhaps, but the national media doesn't care whether Alabama's any good, and they've been all over Saban too. They're pissed because he eschewed the usual coachspeak stuff in favor of flat-out lying about it, and apparently that crossed some sort of line. The usual coachspeak way of dealing with a potential job change is obviously lying, too -- see Rich Rodriguez a few weeks ago -- but by lapsing into cliche and expected platitudes it doesn't quite rise to the level of an outright barefaced falsehood. As my wife says, "It's not lying if the other person KNOWS you're lying," and this time Saban went far enough that the media didn't KNOW he was lying. And now they're pissed.

maybe you missed out on a lot of Alabama football history. They are still well remembered by a majority of sports fans throughout the world, and therefore create great stories to cover on a daily basis.

It's also worth noting that Huizenga wished him well and showed no animosity toward Saban leaving. He also stated that there were deeper reasons for the move, which leads me to believe that Wayne will in fact look to sell the Dolphins as rumors have mentioned.
This also gets conveniently overlooked.

maybe you missed out on a lot of Alabama football history. They are still well remembered by a majority of sports fans throughout the world, and therefore create great stories to cover on a daily basis.

Obviously it's a bigger story because Saban's jilting the Dolphins for Alabama rather than, say, his alma mater (Kent State). But the vitriol you hear in the media has to be because Saban didn't just do the usual dance with them. He acted as though the reporters asking him questions were impugning his integrity, even, and then it turned out he was lying all along. That's what's got the national media all worked up about it. (e.g., Kornheiser on PTI yesterday: "He lied to my face about it!")

The way he gets back at the Shulas is by winning with the players that got Clueless Mike fired.

As much hate as you spew on here, you are the one that sounds like a bitter old stooge. :rolleyes:
Just because Nick dumped all over your favorite trash NFL franchise, don't take it out on me. If the Shulas are so great, they should bring Dave in as the head coach. Look at all of his success with the Bengals.

So Saban lied to the media.

I don't care for Don Shula. I'll never forgive him for coaching the first NFL team to lose a Super Bowl to an AFL team.

Also, his treatment of Johnny Unitas a crock.

I don't care for Don Shula. I'll never forgive him for coaching the first NFL team to lose a Super Bowl to an AFL team.

Did you miss the memo, WNC? Shula is a deity, whose every word is to be carved into stone tablets for generations to come.

I have a picture of Johnny U holding me as a baby:rock:

VN Store

Back