If You Want To Read Something Brutal...

Yes, that is pretty blunt.

I don't think Shula thinks alot of Saban. I heard, in an interview this morning, a reporter ask Shula what he would do to replace Saban. Shula responded, "He was 15-17 in two years. That shouldn't be that hard to replace." Ouch.

Very interesting. Given the fact that Shula's son was just replaced by Saban, I am surprised that Don is speaking up.

Yes, that is pretty blunt.

I don't think Shula thinks alot of Saban. I heard, in an interview this morning, a reporter ask Shula what he would do to replace Saban. Shula responded, "He was 15-17 in two years. That shouldn't be that hard to replace." Ouch.

Yep truth hurts. But I forgot, winning % don't matter do they hate? :)

Very interesting. Given the fact that Shula's son was just replaced by Saban, I am surprised that Don is speaking up.

That should tell the world something. Don Shula is one of the classiest guys to have ever walked a sideline and if he says this... Well it speaks volumes and he would know the guy a hell of a lot better than the rest of us.

Yep truth hurts. But I forgot, winning % don't matter do they hate? :)
Exactly why is anyone talking to a senile goof like Don Shula? You talk about living in the past, he hasn't been relevant in over 30 years. He's a bitter old stooge. He deserves having two imbeciles as sons.

That should tell the world something. Don Shula is one of the classiest guys to have ever walked a sideline and if he says this... Well it speaks volumes and he would know the guy a hell of a lot better than the rest of us.

Being a life long Dolphins fan, I agree with the character assessment. The problem that I have is that the article would have been just as powerful without it. Sour grapes is the first thing that came to my mind while reading it.

Exactly why is anyone talking to a senile goof like Don Shula? You talk about living in the past, he hasn't won anything in over 30 years. He's a bitter old stooge. He deserves having two imbeciles as sons.

Shula is one of the most respected and classiest coaches of all time. Your disrespectful comments about him while standing up for a guy who shows very little of the personal traits he preaches is priceless. That's low, even for a lawyer.

Exactly why is anyone talking to a senile goof like Don Shula? You talk about living in the past, he hasn't won anything in over 30 years. He's a bitter old stooge. He deserves having two imbeciles as sons.

Don Shula has played a large role in maintaining the Dolphins mediocre status. However, bitter old stooge is a little strong for my taste.

Being a life long Dolphins fan, I agree with the character assessment. The problem that I have is that the article would have been just as powerful without it. Sour grapes is the first thing that came to my mind while reading it.

I don't think he interviewed DS. It looks as if he was taking quotes that were given to a group of media. Also, where was he incorrect in his quotes about St Nick.

Shula is one of the most respected and classiest coaches of all time. Your disrespectful comments about him while standing up for a guy who shows very little of the personal traits he preaches is priceless. That's low, even for a lawyer.
Yeah, his constant pot shots in the local media at every coach who has held the job since him are real classy. The guy's a prehistoric relic. They should stuff him and put him up as an ornament in one of his restaurants.

Yeah, his constant pot shots in the local media at every coach who has held the job since him are real classy. The guy's a prehistoric relic. They should stuff him and put him up as an ornament in one of his restaurants.

That relic did something that nicky boy will never do. Win in the NFL. He's also done something St Nick has never done, have an undeafeated season. Nick will be relegated to the ranks of the college coach who couldn't make it in the pro's. But many will remember him as a quitter who spouted one thing to his players and did another. He will be remembered as a coach who demanded character and toughness from his players and staff but showed none as a head coach.

dan has been ripping saban's comments from the alabama press conference so much that tony kornheiser has had to calm him down on pti.

Was "senile goof" OK?

The aging process eventually gets us all. I am probably willing to give Shula more grace due to the fact that I am a Miami fan, and that he is the winningest head football coach of all times.

To use an anology, I do think he has pulled a Vince Dooley in Miami. The idea of the organization existing successfully without him is not a friendly thought to old Don. Senile relic will be a fair compromise.

That relic did something that nicky boy will never do. Win in the NFL. He's also done something St Nick has never done, have an undeafeated season. Nick will be relegated to the ranks of the college coach who couldn't make it in the pro's. But many will remember him as a quitter who spouted one thing to his players and did another. He will be remembered as a coach who demanded character and toughness from his players and staff but showed none as a head coach.
He won in the pre-salary cap, pre-free agency NFL. How did the modern NFL treat Steakhouse Don and his moron progeny?

I should also add that unlike other college coaches who couldn't make it in the NFL, he left like a thief in the night and didn't even have the class to face the music about his decision. Carrol, Spurrier et al may have failed in the NFl but atleast they had guts and character. Saban has shown none.

I should also add that unlike other college coaches who couldn't make it in the NFL, he left like a thief in the night and didn't even have the class to face the music about his decision. Carrol, Spurrier et al may have failed in the NFl but atleast they had guts and character. Saban has shown none.
What was he supposed to do? At a time when his team, then the teams he was playing against were in the playoff race, just say "Guys, I'm leaving at the end of the year, let's play it out." Even his players have admitted in the local media here that expecting him to do that is naive and silly.

VN Store

Back