If you live in Chicago - better start looking for a new home

Nearly 800 people dead and I believe the cops were responsible for 4 of those. If they are truly hunting and killing black men they are terrible at it.

If i was a cop in those areas i wouldn't respond or I'd wait an hour before responding. Why put forth the effort.

Reactions: AM64
Best pizzas are simple, wood fired, imo.

Kind of a minimalist approach. The cruise last year had a pizza place by the pool. Simple pies. 4 basic choices. They were delicious.

Like you, any pizza is worthy of my mouth. Unlike you, pineapple on pizza is delicious.

No way, and I like pineapple. BTW the best pineapple I've ever had was from Arashiyama, Okinawa. Hawaiian pineapple isn't even in the running.

Reactions: McDad
Yep. I have a general dislike for sweet food - especially tomato based stuff. Desserts and possibly the drink should be sweet, but not the real food.

Dessert can be sweet and savory, same goes for breakfast...but lunch and dinner meals are almost always* just savory for me. I do like some stuff, like orange chicken, but I wouldn't usually order that.

*peanut butter and bbq being major exceptions to that rule

Yep. I have a general dislike for sweet food - especially tomato based stuff. Desserts and possibly the drink should be sweet, but not the real food.
Most of the pizza that I have tried has too much sauce and it's bitter tasting. I like pizza, but it's hard to find a good one. Living in New Haven Connecticut several years ago with a 34% Italian population ruined me.

No way, and I like pineapple. BTW the best pineapple I've ever had was from Arashiyama, Okinawa. Hawaiian pineapple isn't even in the running.
I can't help it you and huff have unrefined, cro magnon palettes unable to appreciate the brilliance of pineapple pizza.

Best pineapple for me was at one of those Brazillian steak joints. They rotisserie the pineapple and slather it with butter. Better than sex.

Reactions: k-town_king
Chicago Pizza is the best. You guys with your New York silliness can take a hike.

Kind of a minimalist approach. The cruise last year had a pizza place by the pool. Simple pies. 4 basic choices. They were delicious.

Like you, any pizza is worthy of my mouth. Unlike you, pineapple on pizza is delicious.
The best pizza that I have had recently came from a little wood fired pizza joint in Roan Mtn TN. It is located off the main road in an old barn.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad

A few years ago I was in Italy traveling with my better half and a married couple who are friends of ours. They are both immigrants from Italy who are chefs here in the states. I was giving him grief that Italy may have invented the pie but we perfected it. He and his wife scoffed at the notion. Took us around to all these different restaurants in Rome, Napoli, and Florence where they had friends who either owned or were head chefs at the restaurants. We had a pizza course at every restaurant bc of my claim. Each pizza was thin crust oven baked. Took like 4 minutes to cook them. Needless to say I was incredibly wrong.

I can't help it you and huff have unrefined, cro magnon palettes unable to appreciate the brilliance of pineapple pizza.

Best pineapple for me was at one of those Brazillian steak joints. They rotisserie the pineapple and slather it with butter. Better than sex.

The last sentence confirms it - you have weird tastes. Brazilians pretty good with food. I worked with a guy who grew up in Brazil; and when we went to Japan on business, he asked if I'd mind flying from LA to Tokyo in Varig. That was an absolutely incredible airline. The plane was spotless and the food and service were first class in coach. I went that was a few more times when scheduling worked out. Unfortunately most trips wound up on Northwest (actually still Northwest Orient at the time) and always through O'Hare.

A few years ago I was in Italy traveling with my better half and a married couple who are friends of ours. They are both immigrants from Italy who are chefs here in the states. I was giving him grief that Italy may have invented the pie but we perfected it. He and his wife scoffed at the notion. Took us around to all these different restaurants in Rome, Napoli, and Florence where they had friends who either owned or were head chefs at the restaurants. We had a pizza course at every restaurant bc of my claim. Each pizza was thin crust oven baked. Took like 4 minutes to cook them. Needless to say I was incredibly wrong.
McRib STILL talks about the pizza she had in Italy. Her trip was almost 30 years ago.

There you go. Not only that, but they have a very large amount of government housing and minority population. (Sorry, that's not racism for you race baiters. Just facts)
Lmao. Typical racist.

Bring up race in the conversation, say something racist, cry about race baiters. lol

Also Nashville and Knoxville both are below 20% Black. Not large Black populations. Chatt only 30%. If you grew up in the boonies with no black people around I guess you would think that is a large Black population.

The best point of comparison I have is Pizza Bianco here in Phoenix. It's widely hailed as the best pizza in the US, mostly for its authenticity. It's really good, but I still prefer the best Americanized versions of pizza.

I need to go to Italy and see for myself, tho.

Lmao. Typical racist.

Bring up race in the conversation, say something racist, cry about race baiters. lol

Also Nashville and Knoxville both are below 20% Black. Not large Black populations. Chatt only 30%. If you grew up in the boonies with no black people around I guess you would think that is a large Black population.
9 of the last 10 people shot in Knoxville were of one race, I don't think it's a racial issue, but a culture/crime issue, but this summer KCDC and the gang related shootings have been on the increase from previous years, because of the same ole same ole

Some NYers claim it's the water which makes the crust different. Idk, but they know how to do it right.

That's scary about the water. My wife is originally from upstate NY (Saratoga area), and virtually every member of her family that stayed there has died of cancer. I find it hard to imagine NYC water being safer than the more pristine portions of upstate NY. You can bet I steer clear of water from Saratoga Springs though. Her dad moved them when she was 13, and at 70 she's still one of those damn yankees who come south and talk about how good it was back up north.

Some NYers claim it's the water which makes the crust different. Idk, but they know how to do it right.

Never heard that but sure, why not?

We've gotten to where we cook about all of our pizzas on the BGE, as close to wood fired as I can get at home.

The best point of comparison I have is Pizza Bianco here in Phoenix. It's widely hailed as the best pizza in the US, mostly for its authenticity. It's really good, but I still prefer the best Americanized versions of pizza.

I need to go to Italy and see for myself, tho.
I could not recommend it more. From so many perspectives it’s a great place. You can spend days walking around Rome visiting ancient sites. To the food. To the people. Visit local food markets. Crazy fun and ridiculously great food. Have your wits about you though. Crime is a major problem. Even in sleepy towns like Napoli.

VN Store

Back