If we go 8-4?

LOL.......are more folks catching on to your foolishness?

Kind of an interesting claim since you and these other folks resort to all sorts of false reasoning and assumptions to demonstrate "my" foolishness. When you are ready to be honest then I'll afford you the respect that guys like 82 and KBVol get. We don't always agree but they know how to handle it

You get no respect because you don't deserve it. They do.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, Mizzou got a weak AR team coming off of 2 dominant wins over ranked teams last year. I mean why can't people just give credit where credit is due? Mizzou was a good team last year that whooped people in the trenches.

This

Reactions: 2 people
Kind of an interesting claim since you and these other folks resort to all sorts of false reasoning and assumptions to demonstrate "my" foolishness. When you are ready to be honest then I'll afford you the respect that guys like 82 and KBVol get. We don't always agree but they know how to handle it

You get no respect because you don't deserve it. They do.

Your respect is none of my concern, I assure you. In fact, from what Ive read of your convoluted reasoning, your respect is of little value.

Yep, Mizzou got a weak AR team coming off of 2 dominant wins over ranked teams last year. I mean why can't people just give credit where credit is due? Mizzou was a good team last year that whooped people in the trenches.

Great post!

So many posters on here think everything will be great when the roster is stocked with 4 and 5 star players. Coaching is still important and Mizzou does a very good job given the talent.

Great post!

So many posters on here think everything will be great when the roster is stocked with 4 and 5 star players. Coaching is still important and Mizzou does a very good job given the talent.

Which begs the question, and I know it's been discussed a thousand times- but why the hell can't Missouri recruit better considering they develop talent, are competitive, and are in the SEC. Makes no sense really.

MedicT who you seem to be defending and siding with bristles at the very notion that there should be any expectations for progressive improvement in terms of W's.

Funny you should bring that up. MOST people who read my posts have already seem me admit that I was ABSOLUTELY wrong about arguing against those who criticized Dooley before the last year. I'm not sure what "Give Dooley another year" stance you are talking about but I think it was the right thing to do to give him a 3rd year with a team mostly made up of guys he had recruited and coached... just like I do for Jones and would for anyone else. Seldom should a HC be declared a "failure" after two seasons.

Basically, I made the same arguments that many of you do now. That whether Dooley succeeded or failed, fans should withhold criticism and support him until the 3rd year. I never said the guy was going to succeed... only that he should get a "fair shot". I even said that he should be fired after 3 years if he didn't start winning... and said it within a few weeks of him being hired and before he'd ever coached a down.

Again, I was absolutely wrong... just like many of you are now concerning Jones.

Could easily debate you on everything but for time purposes, I will stick to things with facts, not just opinions.

1. I said nothing about MedicT nor your conversations.
I made a comment to Butchna about the term "excuses", which I have brought up to you before. You responded to me and I have no idea about the 2 of you or your conversation. Easily checked as fact, just scroll back. With your attention to detail, surprised you missed this.

2. I didn't just "bring up" the Dooley issue. The day before my post, you brought it up to someone else. I was curious where it came from so I checked the discussion and it was you alone that mentioned this. If you have a better reason than the one I provided as to why you still mention it, I'm willing to hear you out.

This part wasn't mentioned but it still comes with proof.
Why are we debating? Seriously think about it for a moment. We both agree on 8 wins and we both agree on wait and see. So how did this turn into a debate?

Here you go: After reaching agreement on the above, most would be content. But good ole SJT? Well of course not!! No sir. He once made the statement that there could be NO excuses for less than 8 wins. So now, no matter how many scientific principles it breaks, you have to defend that statement.

I said I couldn't go that far, really bad things can happen, that no coach could control. I believe I used the qb position as an example. You implied that with our talent, a fr qb should win 8 no matter what. You said this after the season we just had? lol.

It is possible that a fr could but it is also possible he has a little "big stage" jitters for a bit, throw a pick 6 or two and there goes win number 8. Kid may perform well next game, just jitters, not Jones. For you to say this isn't possible, is just ridiculous.

Several key injuries elsewhere... or we miss a game for lightening like UF.. Or Jones could be in an auto accident and have no game control for a couple of games..
Notice I went from real concerns to almost absurd. Yes "almost". This is where the basic science comes in. Anything is possible unless it is impossible.

Trust me, I want to win! If we fail to reach 8 without some weird variable, you will see me among the first to question the staff. However, if defending one of your statements is so important to you that you would ask others to ignore the laws of science, that's on you.

Edit: I meant to address the insults towards those you have to explain things to etc.. I'll just leave it with this.

Yep, obviously I am wrong and you are not the narcissistic ass that I imply. Now please continue explaining to the rest of us your amazing discovery of "surrounding yourself with the best available". Because really, we all had no idea that was helpful until you said so.

Last edited:
Your respect is none of my concern, I assure you. In fact, from what Ive read of your convoluted reasoning, your respect is of little value.

Actually, you behave as if it is one of the most important things to you here....

Yep, obviously I am wrong and you are not the narcissistic ass that I imply. Now please continue explaining to the rest of us your amazing discovery of "surrounding yourself with the best available". Because really, we all had no idea that was helpful until you said so.

Honestly, only a true narcissistic "ass" would have posted the condescending, self-righteous stuff you've been posting these last few pages.

If you don't like to argue or debate then don't. No one is forcing you. But if you choose to then stop taking you... and apparently me... so serious. This is a chatboard for goodness sake. You act like this is actually something more than recreation. IT ISN'T.

Actually, you behave as if it is one of the most important things to you here....

You must understand that your arrogance makes you vulnerable and great sport to toy with. :)

How about giving us another page long diatribe in response.:eek:lol:

Reactions: 3 people
Honestly, only a true narcissistic "ass" would have posted the condescending, self-righteous stuff you've been posting these last few pages.

If you don't like to argue or debate then don't. No one is forcing you. But if you choose to then stop taking you... and apparently me... so serious. This is a chatboard for goodness sake. You act like this is actually something more than recreation. IT ISN'T.

You are the one who feels the need to be clear and concise on everything but I am the one who takes this board too seriously.

I am the one, before this conversation, who appreciates the general idea with shorter and more light hearted posts but I am the one who takes things too seriously.

Not even going to bother, you got this.:thumbsup:

Nothing to do with the debate other than something I said about what CAN go wrong, made me think.

Kiffin and the USC timing.

Having to have 2 blocked kicks to lose to Bama.

QB breaking his thumb.

Hiring a coach that no other top tier program would have ever dreamed of.

2 different unbelievable penalties at the end of 2 different major games.

Fumbles etc. at the very end of winnable conf. games.

A sr. captain no less, being involved in a rape investigation when Mizzou was at least somewhat doable.

And this is a shortlist of what has actually happened. I mean seriously guys, WTF?

Nothing to do with the debate other than something I said about what CAN go wrong, made me think.

Kiffin and the USC timing.

Having to have 2 blocked kicks to lose to Bama.

QB breaking his thumb.

Hiring a coach that no other top tier program would have ever dreamed of.

2 different unbelievable penalties at the end of 2 different major games.

Fumbles etc. at the very end of winnable conf. games.

A sr. captain no less, being involved in a rape investigation when Mizzou was at least somewhat doable.

And this is a shortlist of what has actually happened. I mean seriously guys, WTF?

Heh. Yeah.

And all that? It's pretty tame compared to some programs. Want a real nightmare? Go spend the past six years in Happy Valley, Pennsylvania.

It's called "college football." It's a total mess. And in spite of all the flying poop and manic madness, it's still addictive as all hell for what happens on the field. :)

Heh. Yeah.

And all that? It's pretty tame compared to some programs. Want a real nightmare? Go spend the past six years in Happy Valley, Pennsylvania.
It's called "college football." It's a total mess. And in spite of all the flying poop and manic madness, it's still addictive as all hell for what happens on the field. :)

No! just no! I despise driving through there on occasion.
LOL, I get your point. For us or even them, that is long enough for anyone (except maybe Bama), time for things to lighten at least a little.

You are the one who feels the need to be clear and concise on everything but I am the one who takes this board too seriously.

I am the one, before this conversation, who appreciates the general idea with shorter and more light hearted posts but I am the one who takes things too seriously.

Not even going to bother, you got this.:thumbsup:

You are free to enjoy it the way you like but realize until Freak says different... I am free to enjoy it the way I like as well. If I enjoy being more thorough then what is that to you? Funny thing is that I used to be a "hero" for people like MedicT and probably you.... because I was "thorough" in insisting that everyone stay "positive".

I have made no bones about enjoying debate and "argument". It is recreation... a distraction from things that ARE important like my wife's health issues or an employee I'm about to have to fire who has two daughters under 10 and financial problems.

Those are serious things. Your whining about me being too wordy... isn't.

You are free to enjoy it the way you like but realize until Freak says different... I am free to enjoy it the way I like as well. If I enjoy being more thorough then what is that to you? Funny thing is that I used to be a "hero" for people like MedicT and probably you.... because I was "thorough" in insisting that everyone stay "positive".

I have made no bones about enjoying debate and "argument". It is recreation... a distraction from things that ARE important like my wife's health issues or an employee I'm about to have to fire who has two daughters under 10 and financial problems.

Those are serious things. Your whining about me being too wordy... isn't.

I say I'm not going to bother and I still hear about you firing people?

Yes you are free to act like an arse and I am free to point it out. Once again, thanks captain obvious.

Has it ever occurred to you that everyone has problems and also like an escape? That when someone ASKS their opinion on number of wins, they would like to answer a simple question without you just pouncing on them.

We all get what you find enjoyable and you are free to do so. Congrats.

Last edited:
I say I'm not going to bother and I still hear about you firing people?

Yes you are free to act like an arse and I am free to point it out. Once again, thanks captain obvious.
You do a much better job of exemplifying it than pointing it out.

My point is you seem to be pretty jacked up over something that isn't very serious. What we post here won't cost anyone their livelihood or do any real damage to their reputation. Only those who genuinely have ego issues would let their feelings get hurt by something so ultimately trivial. If this isn't fun for you and causes you to really have hard feeling toward people then you probably should reconsider doing it.

This is fun for me... and I don't hold a grudge against anyone for anything that happens here. That would be completely silly. If I ran across MedicT at a game... we'd be cheering for the same team and if I figured out who he was I'd probably offer to buy him a Pepsi.

Has it ever occurred to you that everyone has problems and also like an escape? That when someone ASKS their opinion on number of wins, they would like to answer a simple question without you just pouncing on them.
Has it occurred to you not to be such a drama queen? IT IS A CHATBOARD. Don't wear your heart on your shoulder.

There is an "ignore" button that you can use if you just can't handle another poster's posts.

We all get what you find enjoyable and you are free to do so. Congrats.

Then stop whining about it.

Your preoccupation with MedicT is a just a little odd, don't you think?:dunno:

I don't sit with anyone wearing a Bama jersey so too bad.:whistling::)

Your preoccupation with MedicT is a just a little odd, don't you think?:dunno:

I don't sit with anyone wearing a Bama jersey so too bad.:whistling::)

I swear I was moving to give you a like for this, and then realized you were referring to yourself in the third person. Only Bob Dole is allowed to do that.

VN Store

Back