If we go 8-4?

I swear I was moving to give you a like for this, and then realized you were referring to yourself in the third person. Only Bob Dole is allowed to do that.

Thinking that ol' SJ is the overly uptight, self absorbed sort of fellow. I like to occasionally dangle a carrot for him to work with. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Thinking that ol' SJ is the overly uptight, self absorbed sort of fellow. I like to occasionally dangle a carrot for him to work with. LOL

Yeah... like when I strung you along for days with you claiming you were going to quit posting?

"Son", you aren't nearly as smart as you obviously think you are... all the while suggesting others have ego issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Clearly this argument is going nowhere. Who can be the bigger man and stop replying first? *Cue Jeopardy theme*

I'll take his ( ^) pepsi

If all goes well with my wife, we hope to travel more this year. Some things make you take a step back and consider what's the more important use of your time. I'd like to make it back to Neyland for a game. If so, I'd gladly by you a Pepsi and maybe a hotdog too. Then you could come back here and report to folks how "bad" of a fellow I truly am.

Clearly this argument is going nowhere. Who can be the bigger man and stop replying first? *Cue Jeopardy theme*

I'm still having fun and the days between spring practices are pretty boring.... while this isn't a "great" discussion... right now there isn't much of interest to be discussed.

I HATE the conversation going on in the Thomas thread though I would really like to know what's going on with him.

I'm still having fun and the days between spring practices are pretty boring.... while this isn't a "great" discussion... right now there isn't much of interest to be discussed.

I HATE the conversation going on in the Thomas thread though I would really like to know what's going on with him.

It's not really your responses either. It's the other's, not saying any names, who get upset and sling insults, because they clearly have nothing better to say.

And the one that gets me, is when they claim that you're presenting your opinion as true, while trying to disprove theirs. Guess they never wrote a persuasive essay in school. :crazy:

Yeah... like when I strung you along for days with you claiming you were going to quit posting?

"Son", you aren't nearly as smart as you obviously think you are... all the while suggesting others have ego issues.

Thanks, I don't recall being called "son" for the better part of 4 decades. Admit it.....I called you on your chirade and it hurt your feelings. LOL

If all goes well with my wife, we hope to travel more this year. Some things make you take a step back and consider what's the more important use of your time. I'd like to make it back to Neyland for a game. If so, I'd gladly by you a Pepsi and maybe a hotdog too. Then you could come back here and report to folks how "bad" of a fellow I truly am.

I don't think you are a "bad" fellow at all. It is apparent however, that you could use a vacation.:)

Thanks, I don't recall being called "son" for the better part of 4 decades. Admit it.....I called you on your chirade and it hurt your feelings. LOL

I was just tossing that back to you. We are likely close to the same age or I may be a little older.

Usually I don't pick on people's spelling but since you have made such a big deal of your supposed intellectual superiority... it is spelled charade... not chirade.

I've been here 10 years. If I had let it "hurt my feelings" then posters who were a lot more skilled than you would have run me off a long time ago.

You are just as deluded about that as you are about the actual football stuff we've discussed. But by all means, don't let me interrupt that fantasy you need to protect that lofty self-image.:birgits_giggle:

LOL, you have a seriously nasty attitude. If you are older than I, then I would imagine you are surrounded by miserable people. Forget our ages, I'll bet you are surrounded by miserable people regardless. It is rather obvious that your knowledge of football is not nearly as extensive as you tell yourself it might be, however I salute your ability to twist information to support any position you might find convenient. Perhaps, the study of law would have been a good match for you. I chose medicine and as such, trained to separate BS from useful information.

I don't think you are a "bad" fellow at all. It is apparent however, that you could use a vacation.:)

Honest to goodness... you're right. No barbs or joking. But my wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer so it will have to wait. Sorry if you are the butt of my stress relief now and again. I meant what I said earlier. What we show here is a poor caricature of who we really are... so I hope there are never really any hard feelings over this jousting.

Hopefully we can make the 900 mile trip to K'ville this fall for a game plus something warm and sandy. Depends on how it goes between now and then.

Last edited:
LOL, you have a seriously nasty attitude. If you are older than I, then I would imagine you are surrounded by miserable people. Forget our ages, I'll bet you are surrounded by miserable people regardless.
Interestingly enough... both surveys and individual testimonies indicate I am surrounded by some of the happiest and most satisfied people in our company of several thousands.

It is rather obvious that your knowledge of football is not nearly as extensive as you tell yourself it might be, however I salute your ability to twist information to support any position you might find convenient.
Another interesting point. Only one of us claimed to be a football expert of any kind... and that wasn't me. I know what I know about football. I know what I know about leadership, management, and organizational change. I never claimed to know anything more than what I know.

On the other hand, I'm not blind to the facts either. I choose NOT to assume the "best" when we don't know how it will turn out. That doesn't make me miserable nor hopeless. I just choose to neither delude myself with believing everything will be great or torment myself by assuming everything will go bad.

Perhaps, the study of law would have been a good match for you. I chose medicine and as such, trained to separate BS from useful information.
If a kid comes into your office with a broken arm but no other problems do you ignore the broken arm and the potential for complications just because it makes you feel better to think about everything that's "right" with the kid? Of course not. But then you get upset with me for noticing some of the "bones that need to be set" by Jones. You are welcome to look back over my posts. Not once have I said that Jones HAD failed (in the ultimate "he needs to be fired sense) or WOULD fail.

You talk about ups and downs then when I mention a specific "down" that has to be addressed... you go all reactionary about how I'm undermining Jones.

If you are in the medical field... then I am quite sure you don't behave in real life the way you do here.

Last edited:
Interestingly enough... both surveys and individual testimonies indicate I am surrounded by some of the happiest and most satisfied people in our company of several thousands.

Another interesting point. Only one of us claimed to be a football expert of any kind... and that wasn't me. I know what I know about football. I know what I know about leadership, management, and organizational change. I never claimed to know anything more than what I know.

On the other hand, I'm not blind to the facts either. I choose NOT to assume the "best" when we don't know how it will turn out. That doesn't make me miserable nor hopeless. I just choose to neither delude myself with believing everything will be great or torment myself by assuming everything will go bad.

If a kid comes into your office with a broken arm but no other problems do you ignore the broken arm and the potential for complications just because it makes you feel better to think about everything that's "right" with the kid? Of course not. But then you get upset with me for noticing some of the "bones that need to be set" by Jones. You are welcome to look back over my posts. Not once have I said that Jones HAD failed (in the ultimate "he needs to be fired sense) or WOULD fail.

You talk about ups and downs then when I mention a specific "down" that has to be addressed... you go all reactionary about how I'm undermining Jones.

If you are in the medical field... then I am quite sure you don't behave in real life the way you do here.

And I am certain that if what you claim is true about the folks around you, your behavior does not match your online persona either.

Most importantly, all the best with your wife's diagnosis. I have every hope and expectation that you will enjoy many long happy vacations together. Often, positive attitude and expectations are some of the best medicine.

And I am certain that if what you claim is true about the folks around you, your behavior does not match your online persona either.
That's the weakness of written electronic communication. It is inherent. Some people get me here... and some don't. One thing that would probably make you smile is that I'm not known to talk a whole lot in real life.:)

The VP of corporate operations came through to give us a safety award not long ago. He commented that we were one of 3 or 4 facilities out of 90 that stand out for morale and customer service.

Most importantly, all the best with your wife's diagnosis. I have every hope and expectation that you will enjoy many long happy vacations together. Often, positive attitude and expectations are some of the best medicine.

Thanks. We have people all over the country praying for her and support has come from everywhere. She's holding up well. Ellis Fischel Cancer Center at Mizzou is taking care of her. They're doing a genetic profile so we can make the best decision about surgery. We should know and be able to schedule surgery by Friday week.

Last edited:
I'm fine with that. We have five games on the schedule that should be wins without too much problem. All Butch would have to do is go 3-4 against the good teams, and one of them is Florida, which probably won't be all that good, and another is South Carolina, which might not be, either. I would hope that we could win just one against OU, Bama, Arky, Jawja and Mizzou.

Honest to goodness... you're right. No barbs or joking. But my wife was recently diagnosed with breast cancer so it will have to wait. Sorry if you are the butt of my stress relief now and again. I meant what I said earlier. What we show here is a poor caricature of who we really are... so I hope there are never really any hard feelings over this jousting.

Hopefully we can make the 900 mile trip to K'ville this fall for a game plus something warm and sandy. Depends on how it goes between now and then.

best wishes for your wife,thoughts and prayers sent

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict a 6 and 6 record :) so i think that 8 wins will be truly great

of course my wins prediction will go up come August :)

I'm fine with that. We have five games on the schedule that should be wins without too much problem. All Butch would have to do is go 3-4 against the good teams, and one of them is Florida, which probably won't be all that good, and another is South Carolina, which might not be, either. I would hope that we could win just one against OU, Bama, Arky, Jawja and Mizzou.

This is how I feel as well. I think it's a matter of breaking the schedule down into parts:

Should certainly win: BG, WC, NT, UK, Vandy

Good match-ups: UF, UGA, USC, OU, Mizzou, Ark

Heavy underdog: Bama

4 of the "winnable" games are at home. UT should be at least 3-3 and hopefully 4-2 in those games.

This is how I feel as well. I think it's a matter of breaking the schedule down into parts:

Should certainly win: BG, WC, NT, UK, Vandy

Good match-ups: UF, UGA, USC, OU, Mizzou, Ark

Heavy underdog: Bama

4 of the "winnable" games are at home. UT should be at least 3-3 and hopefully 4-2 in those games.

I'm not willing to call an undefeated season...still a ways to go for that, but with continuous improvement through the games and a relatively healthy roster....don't think we'll be heavy underdogs to bama. I actually believe this team has the opportunity and talent to be special....young or not.

You do a much better job of exemplifying it than pointing it out.

My point is you seem to be pretty jacked up over something that isn't very serious. What we post here won't cost anyone their livelihood or do any real damage to their reputation. Only those who genuinely have ego issues would let their feelings get hurt by something so ultimately trivial. If this isn't fun for you and causes you to really have hard feeling toward people then you probably should reconsider doing it.

This is fun for me... and I don't hold a grudge against anyone for anything that happens here. That would be completely silly. If I ran across MedicT at a game... we'd be cheering for the same team and if I figured out who he was I'd probably offer to buy him a Pepsi.

Has it occurred to you not to be such a drama queen? IT IS A CHATBOARD. Don't wear your heart on your shoulder.

There is an "ignore" button that you can use if you just can't handle another poster's posts.

Then stop whining about it.

Gonna give 2 responses because I'm not sure if you are being serious. If joking, short and sweet, I like this post.
If serious.... oh sweet baby Jesus.

Let me be perfectly clear. Your words have an effect but not the one you think. As far as my "heart" and "feelings" go, you have about as much impact as a potato on a kitchen counter. "Well there's that".

Your actual impact on me is much closer to that little annoying labradoodle on the corner. Others are trying to enjoy the evening but all they get is "yap yap yap" Which is only made worse by your comments towards former athletes. Said poodle telling pitbulls how dogfights work because he has experience at the vet getting neutered.

I still lean toward jest and if so, congrats sir... I like it!
With your ego being...well, SJTs ego, I have to allow for the possibility of seriousness. So just in case, I assure you my heart and feelings are just fine. lol. Hard to even type that.

WTS, one thing we certainly agree on is all this is about a game. Health is real life. I wish nothing more than a speedy and full recovery for your wife. Sorry for what you guys have had to deal with and she will be in my thoughts.

Last edited:
If we go 9-3 will we no longer be subjected to these silly "If we go 8-4" threads...I mean seriously how many of these have we had here?

VN Store

Back