If TN starts 4-0....

You think Florida is gonna put up 30 points on our secondary? I think Pruitt has been waiting for this game all off-season. I like to think we keep it close

Might want to slow our roll until we see what kind of pass rushing abilities we have. You could have Deion Sanders and Darrelle Revis in their prime out there, but if there’s no pash rush and the QB has an eternity then it doesn’t matter.

Reactions: tbones0711
Positive thoughts for an off season thread.

If TN beats the three non conference foes and then goes to Gainesville and upsets Florida, how crazy is Volnation going to be during that two week stretch until we play UGA. We will have threads about winning the East...

Would be nice to make it to October undefeated.

I bet it would really help recruiting in the 2020 class to get a fast start to the season.

Does TN pop up into the Top 25 at 4-0? Top 15?
A convincing win @ UF and 4-0 ? I'd say we'd be on the cusp of the top 15.

If TN beats the three non conference foes and then goes to Gainesville and upsets Florida, how crazy is Volnation going to be during that two week stretch until we play UGA. We will have threads about winning the East...

I bet it would really help recruiting in the 2020 class to get a fast start to the season.

Remember 2016?

If IFs and BUTs were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Reactions: feathersax
I’ll play along. We get in the top 20 if that happens. All I’m going to say though, don’t sleep on that BYU game. That’s not going to be as easy a W as some folks think it is. If we go into Florida 3-0 though, I’m gonna be excited. The Florida game last season went about as badly as it could, if it could go wrong it did. I don’t think that happens twice back to back. Don’t mean I’m counting it as a W though. I’m hoping for a close game and us having a shot in the 4th.

That BYU game will be very telling . If we can focus on them and our players not be as ADD as our fans are, we may be looking at the start of our recovery .

Reactions: GroverCleveland
...You can always tell when football season is a few weeks away.....
Yep. “6-6 or 7-5”......becomes......”9-3 or 10-2 book it”.

“We’re in trouble on the DLine because we have no proven players, nobody who’s played in the best conference in the country before”.....becomes...... “hey, I think we’re good, we got plenty of guys, we’re gonna surprise some people”.

“We’re just not ready to compete with the best teams in the conference, we’re still struggling to find a way to beat Vanderbilt”....... becomes......“we’ll definitely beat Vandy, I think we go down to Gainesville and beat the Gators, this is the year, they’re really not any better than us”.......and..... “do we play Bama after a BYE this year?, because if we do.......”

Reactions: willinhf and gunner
Y'all keep acting like there's nothing to worry about it's hilarious. You've lost what like your top five recruits from last year's class, that's gotta hurt down the road don't you think?
He’s explained this how many times now?

Yes they’ve lost some players, but none that were gonna impact this season to any real degree. Yes, from the outside it looks like there’s a culture issue, but last I looked their 2020 class is still looking pretty good so it doesn’t appear to be keeping good players away....as a matter of fact, we’ve got a ton of work to do to catch up to their class (they’re 13th right now, we’re 28th).

Years ago, we used to talk ourselves into thinking that we’d be more ready to play Florida and beat them because we’d play at least 1 really tough OOC game and they’d play 2-3 patsies before playing them in late September....happened every year. And every year, they’d beat the hell out of us or find a way to win in the end.

You’re falling in the trap Key, don’t do it brother.

giphy.gif

Reactions: FLVOL_79

Slow down......Let's take the games one at a time. Injuries and anything else can happen to us in any game (as well as practice). I have hopes yes but I'm not going to get ahead of ourselves.

Yep. “6-6 or 7-5”......becomes......”9-3 or 10-2 book it”.

“We’re in trouble on the DLine because we have no proven players, nobody who’s played in the best conference in the country before”.....becomes...... “hey, I think we’re good, we got plenty of guys, we’re gonna surprise some people”.

“We’re just not ready to compete with the best teams in the conference, we’re still struggling to find a way to beat Vanderbilt”....... becomes......“we’ll definitely beat Vandy, I think we go down to Gainesville and beat the Gators, this is the year, they’re really not any better than us”.......and..... “do we play Bama after a BYE this year?, because if we do.......”

Hahahahaha, 10-2 if the Vols played in the AAC or Conference USA. But, they don’t! They play in the toughest college football conference on the planet, the SEC and that means 6 wins with this roster.

If we enter Georgia 4-0 everyone will act high off their minds and then enter depression mode after Georgia destroys us

If we are 4-0 playing Georgia the last place I would want to be is on the opposite sideline in Neyland Stadium. The pressure the nerves Georgia would feel would be through the roof and Tennessee would be playing with house money.

Just beat Florida!!! If the VOLS go 4-0 I think the VOLS would crack the top 20. I just do not want one of those classic meltdowns in Gainesville that tends to happen. Whether its mental or physical, for some reason, the Gators have TN's number. GBO

If we enter Georgia 4-0 everyone will act high off their minds and then enter depression mode after Georgia destroys us

Losing to Ga. will not hurt folks as much as they will let on. (after a 4-0 start). But starting that big, to stumble down the stretch, will cause delirium among the VN ranks that will last for another long off season.

VN Store

Back