If TN starts 4-0....

Meh, FL is overrated this year. They are losing pretty much all their talent... offense and defense. Their head coach, I forget his name, will probably be on the hot seat after this year. Just shy of half the team has transferred... it's a mess.

Has your head exploded yet, @Jaws? :p

Y'all keep acting like there's nothing to worry about it's hilarious. You've lost what like your top five recruits from last year's class, that's gotta hurt down the road don't you think?

Eh, maybe. For every recruit UF has lost, they’ve added to from the portal. Nobody has mastered this portal thing like Mullen. Van Jefferson, Tre Grimes, Brenton Cox, Jon Greenard, Jean Delance, Lucas Krull, Adam Shuler, and others. These dudes are all starters. I’ll worry about next year, next year. Looking forward to competing for the SEC east right now.

Meh, FL is overrated this year. They are losing pretty much all their talent... offense and defense. Their head coach, I forget his name, will probably be on the hot seat after this year. Just shy of half the team has transferred... it's a mess.
Has your head exploded yet, @Jaws? :p

Not at all, I’ve been reading similar stuff on Twitter for weeks now.

We have no shot at anything. It’s all about Georgia and how great they are.

Stop. UF crowd will ALWAYS be into the UT game. Don’t let the “it’s not a rivalry anymore” crowd fool you. There are too many 90’s people left over.

Not true.

2017 after the Hurricane y’all expected to lose and easily could have. Fans not into the game.

2015 y’all expected to lose and just as easily could have too. Fans not into the game.

After these two dramatic wins Fl fans were over joyed and tried to act like they expected it all the time.

A get the thrill of victory, but don’t pretend like y’all saw it coming.

When we finally played TN football starting in the second half of the 3rd qtr in 2016, sure we got our thrill on, but turn turnarounds like that don’t happen that often. When Jones kicked the extra point for a 13 pt lead in 2015 the 2nd guessing was immediate.

The only 2nd guessing in 2016 was why did y’all stop throwing deep?

Slow your roll
Hakuna Matata, it means no worries, Acuna.

tenor.gif

Not at all, I’ve been reading similar stuff on Twitter for weeks now.

We have no shot at anything. It’s all about Georgia and how great they are.

I was joking, if it wasn’t obvious. :) I did actually hear one guy on the radio who thinks FL overtakes GA this year... forgot his name though.

Reactions: Jaws
Positive thoughts for an off season thread.

If TN beats the three non conference foes and then goes to Gainesville and upsets Florida, how crazy is Volnation going to be during that two week stretch until we play UGA. We will have threads about winning the East...

Would be nice to make it to October undefeated.

I bet it would really help recruiting in the 2020 class to get a fast start to the season.

Does TN pop up into the Top 25 at 4-0? Top 15?
I mean.. In order to be National Champions we kinda have to be 4-0 right and undefeated in October right? You so silly! 🤪

Eh, maybe. For every recruit UF has lost, they’ve added to from the portal. Nobody has mastered this portal thing like Mullen. Van Jefferson, Tre Grimes, Brenton Cox, Jon Greenard, Jean Delance, Lucas Krull, Adam Shuler, and others. These dudes are all starters. I’ll worry about next year, next year. Looking forward to competing for the SEC east right now.
Fair enough. I had to give you hell

Reactions: Jaws
Stop worrying about Florida and focus on beating Georgia, my friends.

If TN beats the three non conference foes and then goes to Gainesville and upsets Florida, how crazy is Volnation going to be during that two week stretch until we play UGA. We will have threads about winning the East...

I bet it would really help recruiting in the 2020 class to get a fast start to the season.

Season will be dictated by the Florida game, like most years.

Not a single clever poster said “I’ll have what he’s having!” to this.

VN is improving.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol

Tennessee has only beat Florida 7 times since 1990. In 5 of those 7 victories the Vols scored 30 points or more. During that same time only twice have the Vols scored over 30 and 1993 and 1995 and lost.

My point is simply, if the Vols are to win at Florida this season, they will need to score more than 30 points. But, I’m not sure that’s possible with this offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLVOL_79
Let's beat Georgia St first, then worry about the rest as the get here. You have to be 1-0 before you can be 4-0.

Tennessee has only beat Florida 7 times since 1990. In 5 of those 7 victories the Vols scored 30 points or more. During that same time only twice have the Vols scored over 30 and 1993 and 1995.

My point is simply, if the Vols are to win at Florida this season, they will need to score more than 30 points. I’m not sure that’s possible with this offense.
You think Florida is gonna put up 30 points on our secondary? I think Pruitt has been waiting for this game all off-season. I like to think we keep it close

I’ll play along. We get in the top 20 if that happens. All I’m going to say though, don’t sleep on that BYU game. That’s not going to be as easy a W as some folks think it is. If we go into Florida 3-0 though, I’m gonna be excited. The Florida game last season went about as badly as it could, if it could go wrong it did. I don’t think that happens twice back to back. Don’t mean I’m counting it as a W though. I’m hoping for a close game and us having a shot in the 4th.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back