If or when this team gets down 12..14 points

The better question is, who in college basketball can get a double digit lead on us to start with right now?

Even #1 Virginia got down big in the tournament to the #16 seed. It can happen. I might not, but we never thought VA would lose to a #16 let alone get down by 12 to 14 points.

Even #1 Virginia got down big in the tournament to the #16 seed. It can happen. I might not, but we never thought VA would lose to a #16 let alone get down by 12 to 14 points.

I'm merely using hyerbole to outline just how damn good this team is,

But the fact you have to use an example thats 1 out of 136 outright and one of the greatest statistical outliers in sports history otherwise, then you don't have a great argument, and really prove that my hyperbole isn't so far from reality.

I'm merely using hyerbole to outline just how damn good this team is,

But the fact you have to use an example thats 1 out of 136 outright and one of the greatest statistical outliers in sports history otherwise, then you don't have a great argument, and really prove that my hyperbole isn't so far from reality.

Easy killer. Every great team finds itself down at some point. Even the Warriors were down double digits in both games 6 and 7 against the Rockets in the Western Conference semis.

The point I was attempting to make at the beginning of the day yesterday, and the only point that I was trying to make, is.... "if at some point we get down by 12 to 14 points, we will need to shoot and make some three-pointers. At this point, our backcourt isn't shooting fantastically from three-point range... In order to make the run we want to in the SEC, the SEC tournament, and the NCAA tournament, we will need them to shoot better." That was the point.

The game isn't over but I hope your satisfied with the answer the team gave you OP. (Not sure Mizzu was up 12 but it was atleast 9, still a test.) Two best players are ice cold and this team has enough talent to still beat a middle of the pack SEC team.

Reactions: walkenvol
Not really. West Va is garbage and I thought the refs helped us get back in the game.
So u got a chance to see exactly what u wanted to see in your OP and the Vols came back and dominated the game for close to 30 minutes, going on to win by 17. But it doesn't mean sh!t to u, because in your opinion, the refs helped us and WV is garbage. Wow, I'm at a loss for words. Does it count if the Vols fall behind to the 'Cocks by that much or does it have to be Kentucky or Auburn to prove anything to u ?

Grant and Alexander nothing in the first half and 18 turnovers against a raggedy WVa? Admiral clanking stuff from all over once again and throwing pick 6’s. No not impressed. A big test will come next Saturday when Bone goes against Mitchell

Grant and Alexander nothing in the first half and 18 turnovers against a raggedy WVa? Admiral clanking stuff from all over once again and throwing pick 6’s. No not impressed. A big test will come next Saturday when Bone goes against Mitchell
Will you come back to this thread and say you are still unimpressed after we win next Saturday too?

Reactions: Vols410

Incompetent. CHANGE IT.

Reactions: Vols410
Easy killer. Every great team finds itself down at some point. Even the Warriors were down double digits in both games 6 and 7 against the Rockets in the Western Conference semis.

The point I was attempting to make at the beginning of the day yesterday, and the only point that I was trying to make, is.... "if at some point we get down by 12 to 14 points, we will need to shoot and make some three-pointers. At this point, our backcourt isn't shooting fantastically from three-point range... In order to make the run we want to in the SEC, the SEC tournament, and the NCAA tournament, we will need them to shoot better." That was the point.

This is missed on the majority here. Shooters have an off night or two. When poor shooting games are strung together, it's more of a concerning trend. UTK hasn't played an elite level team in almost 2 months. Winning is hard to do in conference, but the front end of the schedule has a lot of teams that are young or rebuilding.

My bad. Vandy and West va are the 2 most complete teams we play the rest of the year with their 1 conference win combined. Let’s just Cadillac all the way to the second round against another Loyola.

And I'll bet you come up with reasons to not be impressed again.

VN Store

Back