If or when this team gets down 12..14 points

whodatvol

How do you see us react? I kinda hope to see it a couple of times before the tourney so nothing shocks us and how we play if Bone or Grant were to get in early foul trouble.

This doesn't strike me as a team that would play panicked or full of emotions. I would expect business as usual

Reactions: savannahfan
How do you see us react? I kinda hope to see it a couple of times before the tourney so nothing shocks us and how we play if Bone or Grant were to get in early foul trouble.

After who and where we've played the last couple of years and with our experience, I doubt they would panic.

Wasn't Gonzaga up by double digits at one point ? I may be wrong on that

After who and where we've played the last couple of years and with our experience, I doubt they would panic.

Wasn't Gonzaga up by double digits at one point ? I may be wrong on that
Up 9 with 6 to play. No panic, just went to work.

Reactions: vols 30
Yes, they were down on a neutral court with no students but this is conference play. I too think they are so focused they’d manage. If memory isn’t shot I think Grant won @ Rupp as a frosh so yeah, we’re built like a brick house mentally too. So so cited!!

Yes, they were down on a neutral court with no students but this is conference play. I too think they are so focused they’d manage. If memory isn’t shot I think Grant won @ Rupp as a frosh so yeah, we’re built like a brick house mentally too. So so cited!!
That wasn't a neutral court. Watched it several times. We score -silence. They score the crowd explodes. Very hostile crowd.

Grant hit a shot to help clinch a win over KY as a frosh, but the game was in Knoxville.

The Kansas game was your answer. They panicked and looked loss once GW got in foul trouble. They learned and when that happened in Gonzaga they learned and were cool and poised!! One reason this team should go far as they still take coaching and are getting better.

They'll play their hearts out and make it a close game. That's what'll happen.

Reactions: LibertyVol
Probably react about like they did down 9 to the Zags with 6 minutes left to play. No panic, just keep playing their game.

Exactly what I was going to say as soon as I saw the thread topic. To be honest, when they got down I thought it was over, but they just continued to play their game.

I do worry however that their lack of three-point shooters at some point will hurt them. Currently, Admiral is shooting 45% from three, which in my belief is sustainable but what is more nerve-racking is that Jordan Bone (24%), Lamonte Turner (17.9%) and Jordan Bowden (33%) are struggling. We cannot rely on Admiral's three-point shooting to keep us in games. The threes he made to get us back into the Gonzaga game and ultimately get us the win weren't the highest of percentage shots.

Reactions: whodatvol

I expect we will see what I have been calling "their get to work" persona elevate a notch and work harder.

Exactly what I was going to say as soon as I saw the thread topic. To be honest, when they got down I thought it was over, but they just continued to play their game.

I do worry however that their lack of three-point shooters at some point will hurt them. Currently, Admiral is shooting 45% from three, which in my belief is sustainable but what is more nerve-racking is that Jordan Bone (24%), Lamonte Turner (17.9%) and Jordan Bowden (33%) are struggling. We cannot rely on Admiral's three-point shooting to keep us in games. The threes he made to get us back into the Gonzaga game and ultimately get us the win weren't the highest of percentage shots.
It was actually 2 3s by Bowden and a fast break 2 from Bone that brought us back against the Zags. Then Admiral tied it and took over when Williams fouled out at 2:30.
It was team effort not a one man show. It was also textbook defense in the last minute that sealed it.

It was actually 2 3s by Bowden and a fast break 2 from Bone that brought us back against the Zags. Then Admiral tied it and took over when Williams fouled out at 2:30.
It was team effort not a one man show. It was also textbook defense in the last minute that sealed it.

Oh, I totally agree. I'm just saying many of the shots Admiral made were tough and throughout this season overall, the backcourt has been shooting well under 33% as a group, which come to some tough SEC games and eventually the NCAA tournament, will need to improve. Thats all.

Oh, I totally agree. I'm just saying many of the shots Admiral made were tough and throughout this season overall, the backcourt has been shooting well under 33% as a group, which come to some tough SEC games and eventually the NCAA tournament, will need to improve. Thats all.
I like that the 3 pt shot isn't that big a part of this team's identity. Even facing the zone this season we've been able to bust it without raining 3s. we've got I think the toughest 345 to match up with in the country. Offense runs thru the paint. Can't double team Williams because he's so good at hitting the cutter. These are things we weren't doing last season and now it's just instinct. 3s won't be a problem when Turner gets back into form and I'd expect Bowden's will come now that he's got his whiz back. We good.

Healthy experience across the board, from the players to the staff.

Would worry more about tread falling of shoes.

I like that the 3 pt shot isn't that big a part of this team's identity. Even facing the zone this season we've been able to bust it without raining 3s. we've got I think the toughest 345 to match up with in the country. Offense runs thru the paint. Can't double team Williams because he's so good at hitting the cutter. These are things we weren't doing last season and now it's just instinct. 3s won't be a problem when Turner gets back into form and I'd expect Bowden's will come now that he's got his whiz back. We good.

I agree that it is a nice change of pace from the rest of basketball not to be reliant on the three, but since the thread is specifically about getting down 12 to 14 points, making the three at a consistent clip will be important in the unlikely chance we get down by that much.

The better question is, who in college basketball can get a double digit lead on us to start with right now?

Reactions: calban

VN Store

Back