If Memphis can beat us in '96, we can beat UGA

I have no idea what Memphis had back then as far as talent. We’re so fundamentally terrible at a few key positions that I just don’t see it. There’s mid major teams that can give big teams a scare or even upset bc even if they have lesser talent they have no huge holes. We just have such a huge void at QB that I don’t see how this offense scores enough to win. Our defense could conceivably generate some turnovers and put us in a decent situation even though I think Georgia is much better than Florida and much more balanced. I just don’t see our offense being able to do much.

Chaney is kind of the trump card here. He should know a few ways to exploit their defense if we can get anything out of the QB position at all.

Memphis was awful in 1996. Constant doormat. I think at the time they were independent. That was just a fluky game, for sure.

agree about our voids, but feeling much better about the one at QB today. Need to address the black hole that is DL next.

The odds for Memphis beating us in 96 was probably around .00000001%.

Lol. Agree that it was very low, but not that low. I'd go with 0.1%, which is about one in a thousand. I know you are using hyperbole but your odds are one in ten million. :D

Memphis was awful in 1996. Constant doormat. I think at the time they were independent. That was just a fluky game, for sure.

agree about our voids, but feeling much better about the one at QB today. Need to address the black hole that is DL next.
Gooden going down was a huge loss. We had very little depth there anyways.

Gooden going down was a huge loss. We had very little depth there anyways.

Yeah, that was a huge loss, our only real go to guy at DT, and NT is very important to the 3-5 that Pruitt likes to run.

Also what has hurt is Darrell Taylor not living up to it. He disappeared for GS, reappeared for BYU, but has been MIA since. I know he is more of a hybrid, but he basically functions as a DE. Why he has been so inconsistent is beyond me. He may face double teams, but I doubt it . Other than BYU he has been so bad this year that I doubt teams bother to double him.

Yeah, that was a huge loss, our only real go to guy at DT, and NT is very important to the 3-5 that Pruitt likes to run.

Also what has hurt is Darrell Taylor not living up to it. He disappeared for GS, reappeared for BYU, but has been MIA since. I know he is more of a hybrid, but he basically functions as a DE. Why he has been so inconsistent is beyond me. He may face double teams, but I doubt it . Other than BYU he has been so bad this year that I doubt teams bother to double him.
We don’t have ideal Dlinemen for what Pruitt is trying to run. Now part of that he has to adjust for and some of the failure to align properly is an issue as well but IF he gets time the defense will look a lot different assuming he can land the players he wants.

We don’t have ideal Dlinemen for what Pruitt is trying to run. Now part of that he has to adjust for and some of the failure to align properly is an issue as well but IF he gets time the defense will look a lot different assuming he can land the players he wants.

we need a DL recruiting class like the OL one we just had. The OL players had an immediate impact.

VN Store

Back