If Memphis can beat us in '96, we can beat UGA

Memphis beat us in 1996.

They would have beat us in 2015, 2016, 2017, last year and this year.

The best decision made on behalf of our university was to not schedule them.

I pray we don't schedule them any time in the near future.
You're right about one thing we shouldn't schedule them, we should schedule Clemson, USC, and Texas instead.

I too, went to that game, but as I remember, we actually had a pretty good QB at the time, and the only game we had lost that year was to FL. One loss, Great QB vs 3 loss, bad QB, but hey, anything CAN happen, you can win the powerball tonight, but probability always seems to stick its ugly head into things......

True, but what are the odds? Odds of Memphis were small, so are ours. Then again, per the ESPN FPI app, we had a 99.6% chance of beating BYU the play before Alontae gave up that stupid pass. So maybe we get that back tomorrow. :cool:

I was in a Twin Peaks today with an old work buddy and saw a show where he picked Tennessee to cover (24.5) and also took the over at 49 (I think it was 49).
We need more like him, a lot more, all real vols should put up at least $1,000 on UT, to bring the lines into reality.

True, but what are the odds? Odds of Memphis were small, so are ours. Then again, per the ESPN FPI app, we had a 99.6% chance of beating BYU the play before Alontae gave up that stupid pass. So maybe we get that back tomorrow. :cool:
I have no idea what Memphis had back then as far as talent. We’re so fundamentally terrible at a few key positions that I just don’t see it. There’s mid major teams that can give big teams a scare or even upset bc even if they have lesser talent they have no huge holes. We just have such a huge void at QB that I don’t see how this offense scores enough to win. Our defense could conceivably generate some turnovers and put us in a decent situation even though I think Georgia is much better than Florida and much more balanced. I just don’t see our offense being able to do much.

Chaney is kind of the trump card here. He should know a few ways to exploit their defense if we can get anything out of the QB position at all.

Every thread has become a negative thread. Scroll through the two pages and read the posts. Now, I know there aren't too many positive things that can be said, but since every post in this thread has been posted at least 100 times, why not just don't post at all? What's the point in repeating yourself ad nauseum?

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

The odds for Memphis beating us in 96 was probably around .00000001%.

VN Store

Back