Ideas for Stadium

Increase the seating width for us big boys, make the lower levels more posh, increase skybox size. Build upwards a bit to keep the capacity above 100,000.

Fix the bathrooms for better throughput, with monitors in them.

I like the idea of Riverwalk shops, and restaurants to increase the game day experience leading up to the stadium entrance.

Big Jumbotron, like at Cowboys Stadium.

Replace the V O L S signage at the top of the stadium. What's our record since they were removed?

I understand what you are saying but,,,,, this is a football stadium, not a "ride for viewing" like you find in Gatlinburg. Play top notch football and all this "retail stuff" not related to football will be needed nor talked about. Play top notch football and all the "boxes" will not need to be "hotel suites" that most Vol fans could not afford to use. As is, I think the school and powers that be are pricing most of us fans out of being able to afford more than a game or two per year. I live 300 plus miles from Knoxville, the last couple of games I attended in Knoxville cost in excess of $400.00. Nothing special was done, just football, room and average meals. If the need to cater to the top money is where the school and program want to go, well, too bad for use average Vol fans. We can keep sitting in seats that are too small with no legroom and going to restrooms fit for farm animals.
This is about urban planning and sustainability which is possible without championships. Yes, winning will help but nothing wrong with improving the experience if it yields ROI. Last, Gatlinburg is hardly what I am referring to. That place and Pigeo Forge are jokes. They definitely have their place and not in Knoxville.

bring back full checkerboard endzones. we havent won since we went to the lite version

They never had full checkerboards in the endzones...at least from '89-'93 on the artificial turf. They had an orange border.

You can see it here. This is from the 1993 UGA game.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
This is about urban planning and sustainability which is possible without championships. Yes, winning will help but nothing wrong with improving the experience if it yields ROI. Last, Gatlinburg is hardly what I am referring to. That place and Pigeo Forge are jokes. They definitely have their place and not in Knoxville.

The post I was responding to read like the poster was trying to make our football neighborhood like P.Forge and or Gatlinburg.

I like your ideas. I thought that selling burial plots under the field for cremated ashes would be a real money maker. What Vol fan would not want to resurrect inside Neyland? Plus imagine all of the spooky ghost stories you could invent to play tricks with opponents... my ideas are usually not very good.
Rumor has had it for years that skeletal remains from body farm are stored under ..ive heard that for a very long time ..so donate your corpse to the farm a d you may very well end up in neyland until its tore down

Reactions: JohnnyJava
They didn’t renovate the south side it’s next.
Just the main level(lower level). No present plans to widen the 8 foot wide concourse in the upper deck of the south endzone.

"By the fall of 2022, the updated plans enable the completion of main level-one south concourse renovations, the addition of a north-side videoboard and the rebuilding of the lower-west-side seating deck."

Fulmer Provides Update on Neyland Stadium Renovation Plans - University of Tennessee Athletics

I like your ideas. I thought that selling burial plots under the field for cremated ashes would be a real money maker. What Vol fan would not want to resurrect inside Neyland? Plus imagine all of the spooky ghost stories you could invent to play tricks with opponents... my ideas are usually not very good.
There's a sewer line under the field, I believe maybe a 36-48" one.

Also like the rest of Knoxville, there are caverns under there too. When the Jackson 5 Victory tour played Neyland in 1984, the university would not allow the semi trucks to pull into the field because they were afraid one might fall through. They had to off load all the stage and sound equipment outside the field and bring it in on forklifts and smaller trucks.

Folks, the trend is very much heading toward smaller crowds in college football of late. Some have surmised that this youthful new generation simply has not the patience for sitting thru 3.5 hours of a game, and if they don't have wifi it is just not a place they want to go. Id think a tasteful way to drop the total attendance number down to a manageable level is headed our way. I suspect even if the Vols come back (and I think they will) attendance won't be as it was in our recent glory days. Just from my observations around college football.

Reactions: McDad
How about reducing the size of some of our fans. No women over 200 pounds allowed in. No men over 300 pounds.
Not fair to the Tubbs . They are at every game , every sport ,
through thick and thin .

My ideas:
1) remove bleachers, reduce capacity, add actual seats.
2) renovate the garbage areas of the stadium with MORE trough style urinals, terrible concession areas, etc
3) take out more seats and add another video board
FIFY. We’ve had seats in Q & R for almost 60 years now and I park in G10 where you can really see how shabby that end of the stadium is so I mostly agree with what you are saying about the garbage areas of the stadium .I must disagree with removing the troughs though . I am not aware of anywhere including 3rd world countries that have trough pissers but I for one am a big fan. It was good enough for my grandpappy and Gawldurnit it’s good enough for me too!

Yeah, that's what we need. That is if really handicap people were the ones using these spaces. Go to any parking lot (Walmart is a good example) in my town and you will see people who are,, shall we say using the system. They will be driving a big 4x4 pick-up with a handicap tag. jump down and fast pace to the front door. You will find out that the permit for the tag was issued for a parent or other person that will be in the vehicle now and then and not getting out anyway. What I am trying to say is "there are many folks taking advantage of the program just to get a close to door parking place". Now what will this look like at a football stadium?

As a person with a disability (cerebral palsy) I see that happen occassionally and I personally enjoy a brisk walk from the parking lot to a store.

My point is there is never enough accessible handicapped seating in any stadium or arena or ball park.

Reactions: savannahfan

VN Store

Back