Ideas for Stadium

vegasvolfan

Marketing Professional With 25 Years of Experience
Not sure if there is a thread for this but AD Danny White is looking for ideas...

Build the first pedestrian only lounge, shops, etc... bridge as an entrance from South Knoxville to the Stadium. Stretch it to the RiverWalk.it will have views of the river from above the River. Charge rent.

Create more enclosed seating that isn’t a skybox etc.

Create a Uboat biz like Uber and shuttle people via River to Neyland for a cost.
I can’t help but wonder if they could build more sky boxes that have panoramic views on all sides.

Not sure if there is a thread for this but AD Danny White is looking for ideas...

Build the first pedestrian only lounge, shops, etc... bridge as an entrance from South Knoxville to the Stadium. Stretch it to the RiverWalk.it will have views of the river from above the River. Charge rent.

Create more enclosed seating that isn’t a skybox etc.

Create a Uboat biz like Uber and shuttle people via River to Neyland for a cost.
I can’t help but wonder if they could build more sky boxes that have panoramic views on all sides.
I like your ideas. I thought that selling burial plots under the field for cremated ashes would be a real money maker. What Vol fan would not want to resurrect inside Neyland? Plus imagine all of the spooky ghost stories you could invent to play tricks with opponents... my ideas are usually not very good.

My ideas:
1) remove bleachers, reduce capacity, add actual seats.
2) renovate the garbage areas of the stadium with the trough style urinals, terrible concession areas, etc
3) take out more seats and add another video board
I would be for reducing the number of seats in Neyland Stadium to somewhere from 85,000-92,000

I would be for reducing the number of seats in Neyland Stadium to somewhere from 85,000-92,000
Y’all seem like the boring type at parties. I enjoy the college feel of bleachers. Do not reduce the size of Neyland...
Of course it’s not as fun when you score 14 points per game and get destroyed by Kentucky at home.

Truthfully, I could continue to stand shoulder to shoulder eyes straight ahead at a pee trough, and have one cheek on the bleachers if they could improve the exit from the stadium. It takes as long to get from my seats to the street as from the street to Tyson park (where I park)

I really want to keep the capacity as high as possible. That is one thing that I enjoy about Neyland is the masses and the noise. I haven't been everywhere, but I have been to some decent CFB stadiums and no where comes close as far as noise and sheer intimidation. I mean I am intimidated by the walk up to my seats lol.
If we do reduce the number I don't want less than 90k. Keep bleachers for the visitors section is one idea to keep capacity higher. Also, not all bleachers habe to go, but renovate the old part of the stadium. The outside is fine IMO but g10 could use a face lift. I like the idea above about tying in the river officially somehow. Its pretty far as much as structures are concerned, but UT has an engineering school for that right?

KEEP SEATING CAPACITY AS LARGE AS POSSIBLE

PS if you read this AD White (one can dream) we don't have to have every shiny bobble in our stadium, skip the light shows, the 4k jumbotron , and the high dollar boxes everyday Vols fans will never see the inside of. We make it special. Part of Neyland is the time with the people you go with. See the Vol walk and yell for the players, stand shoulder to shoulder with. Its about the times and the people you have been there with and will go with. Keep it accessible, keep it full of fans. Don't change it, but improve on what we already have. Its a special place.

I’d be perfectly happy if UT would follow through on the stadium expansion plan it has. Larger concourses, more rest rooms, quality concessions for East and South. I like opening up the riverside with the big plaza and new entrance. I’ve had season tickets on the south side for 45 years and improvements were needed then.

Exterior - Completely encircle the stadium with the brick facade and eliminate the erector set look once and for all. It's ugly. It's unappealing and it's time for it to go. Brick is much more timeless and classy.

Interior - Admit defeat with trying to cling to a six figure seating capacity. Recruits don't give a **** whether Neyland seats 102,000 or 85,000 and we are way past the point where seating capacity is some source of pride. Its more important to sit people comfortably in Neyland and have all the modern amenities available to us like individual seats, wider concourses, better bathrooms, a second jumbo screen, WiFi, etc.

VN Store

Back