Ideas for Stadium

I like your ideas. I thought that selling burial plots under the field for cremated ashes would be a real money maker. What Vol fan would not want to resurrect inside Neyland? Plus imagine all of the spooky ghost stories you could invent to play tricks with opponents... my ideas are usually not very good.
I know I’ve felt like dying during many blowout losses there the past 15 or so years.

Y’all seem like the boring type at parties. I enjoy the college feel of bleachers. Do not reduce the size of Neyland...
Of course it’s not as fun when you score 14 points per game and get destroyed by Kentucky at home.
How about reducing the size of some of our fans. No women over 200 pounds allowed in. No men over 300 pounds.

No restrictions on players. Just the two ton
Tony and Tina fans that overlap onto other people in Doug Dickeys 17 inch wide metal bleacher 💺 seats

Well, Hell. The only way you don't overlap on those things is if you load a row up with ten year olds.

Reactions: savannahfan
No restrictions on players. Just the two ton
Tony and Tina fans that overlap onto other people in Doug Dickeys 17 inch wide metal bleacher 💺 seats
I'm 6'4" and 260lbs (if I lie to myself).... 17 inches = my left thigh and associated butt and woe be to the human trying to inhabit the whatever is to the right of my left butt.

Not to be a party-pooper, but, didn't they just spend a boatload of money on renovations? (Just in time for pandemia?)

Not sure if there is a thread for this but AD Danny White is looking for ideas...

Build the first pedestrian only lounge, shops, etc... bridge as an entrance from South Knoxville to the Stadium. Stretch it to the RiverWalk.it will have views of the river from above the River. Charge rent.

Create more enclosed seating that isn’t a skybox etc.

Create a Uboat biz like Uber and shuttle people via River to Neyland for a cost.
I can’t help but wonder if they could build more sky boxes that have panoramic views on all sides.

Add extra handicapped seating around the stadium.

Water taxiing is pretty dangerous even with skilled veterans, which is the expectation for a water taxi. Will be interesting to see how that goes with all drunk customers.

Reactions: vegasvolfan
I’d be perfectly happy if UT would follow through on the stadium expansion plan it has. Larger concourses, more rest rooms, quality concessions for East and South. I like opening up the riverside with the big plaza and new entrance. I’ve had season tickets on the south side for 45 years and improvements were needed then.
In response to plaza comment!
Yes and the bridge should feed right into it! 🤣

Keep the seating at 100k+. Name the men's urinals after Pruitt and his staff. And continue to pay these prices and please pay no more........
I gave you a ‘like’ particularly for the “pay these prices and please pay no more” reference. That used to be a big shoutout—not so much recently. Younger fans may not get the reference, I fear.

Reactions: krichunaka
I would be for reducing the number of seats in Neyland Stadium to somewhere from 85,000-92,000
From a long time VOL and a person who has spent many games in that stadium, I completely disagree with your stance. WHY on earth would you take away the true meaning of home field advantage once we get back to a school that can fill a stadium on any given Saturday. The roar of 100,000 people is terrifying for players coming in to our stadium when it is in full throat!

Not sure if there is a thread for this but AD Danny White is looking for ideas...

Build the first pedestrian only lounge, shops, etc... bridge as an entrance from South Knoxville to the Stadium. Stretch it to the RiverWalk.it will have views of the river from above the River. Charge rent.

Create more enclosed seating that isn’t a skybox etc.

Create a Uboat biz like Uber and shuttle people via River to Neyland for a cost.
I can’t help but wonder if they could build more sky boxes that have panoramic views on all sides.

I understand what you are saying but,,,,, this is a football stadium, not a "ride for viewing" like you find in Gatlinburg. Play top notch football and all this "retail stuff" not related to football will be needed nor talked about. Play top notch football and all the "boxes" will not need to be "hotel suites" that most Vol fans could not afford to use. As is, I think the school and powers that be are pricing most of us fans out of being able to afford more than a game or two per year. I live 300 plus miles from Knoxville, the last couple of games I attended in Knoxville cost in excess of $400.00. Nothing special was done, just football, room and average meals. If the need to cater to the top money is where the school and program want to go, well, too bad for use average Vol fans. We can keep sitting in seats that are too small with no legroom and going to restrooms fit for farm animals.

Reactions: krichunaka
Add extra handicapped seating around the stadium.

Yeah, that's what we need. That is if really handicap people were the ones using these spaces. Go to any parking lot (Walmart is a good example) in my town and you will see people who are,, shall we say using the system. They will be driving a big 4x4 pick-up with a handicap tag. jump down and fast pace to the front door. You will find out that the permit for the tag was issued for a parent or other person that will be in the vehicle now and then and not getting out anyway. What I am trying to say is "there are many folks taking advantage of the program just to get a close to door parking place". Now what will this look like at a football stadium?

Yeah, that's what we need. That is if really handicap people were the ones using these spaces. Go to any parking lot (Walmart is a good example) in my town and you will see people who are,, shall we say using the system. They will be driving a big 4x4 pick-up with a handicap tag. jump down and fast pace to the front door. You will find out that the permit for the tag was issued for a parent or other person that will be in the vehicle now and then and not getting out anyway. What I am trying to say is "there are many folks taking advantage of the program just to get a close to door parking place". Now what will this look like at a football stadium?
There could be a mentally handicapped section reserved for when Alabama visits Neyland Stadium.;)

VN Store

Back