I respect Pruitt's response...

Principle is the same. A guy not meeting expectations has to go otherwise the organization suffers, it stagnates and breeds resentment from within the ranks.

It didn't hurt FL much getting rid of guys that weren't cutting the mustard.
And Alabama went through a number of coaches after Stallings before landing the gem of gems. The money excuse is complete BS

Reactions: hog88
Principle is the same. A guy not meeting expectations has to go otherwise the organization suffers, it stagnates and breeds resentment from within the ranks.

It didn't hurt FL much getting rid of guys that weren't cutting the mustard.

Well if some of you get your wish then likely we get set back even more. Using UF to even remotely compare situations is utterly laughable. They never went through anything close to what we have.

So if the coach goes can we also pull the scholarship and get rid of the players that are not pulling their weight?

Reactions: feathersax
Well if some of you get your wish then likely we get set back even more. Using UF to even remotely compare situations is utterly laughable. They never went through anything close to what we have.

So if the coach goes can we also pull the scholarship and get rid of the players that are not pulling their weight?

They went through exactly what we did and changed coaches for the 3rd time the exact same year we did, they hired a proven guy and we didn't.

Yeah, the HC decides who gets/keeps their scholarship every year. They are year to year ya know.

This place cracks me up sometimes. We are 2-0 and just ran over Mizz. Many of you guys act like you think Pruitt is going to be our Savior. We are now 2-3. We lost 2 games to 2 of the Top 4 teams in the country and lost a trap game in between those two tough games. Now you want to tar and feather Pruitt and run him out of town on a rail. Man, what a difference a couple of weeks make on Volnation. lol And I really love it when someone tries to explain things. The FACTS they use are dismissed as excuses. No, FACTS are facts. SMH
FACTS are we have been destroyed 3 games in a row. Not even a little bit competitive

Reactions: Vol524
Oh I agree we lost big time. I really expected 2 loses. But I understand what can happen during a trap game. Been there done that. Learned that lesson the hard way.

Let's see if you still stand behind this statement after our game at Arkansas. As bad as we looked yesterday, I like our chances. I respect Pittman a lot (if for no other reason other that he did a phenomenal job when he was on the Dooley staff), but so far Arkansas has played with nothing to lose (their expectations were very different than what we usually have at UT meaning they had no pressure where they had to win right now). However, things have changed where they are going to be expected to beat us and let's see if they can back it up (could be similar to what just happened to UK and they were immediatily put back to where they belong - just because we gifted them that game did not suddenly make them world beaters and I expect same will happen to Arkansas soon - hopefully as soon as we play them).
We should blow Arkansas out. Worst roster inherited by a first year coach. Winning big is a fair expectation. Hope it will happen but I would stand by my statement because JP has done so much less with So much more over a longer period of time.

We should blow Arkansas out. Worst roster inherited by a first year coach. Winning big is a fair expectation. Hope it will happen but I would stand by my statement because JP has done so much less with So much more over a longer period of time.

Any kind of W will be great right now. This team desperately needs it to regain momentum for the rest of the season.

VN Store

Back