I respect Pruitt's response...

Our best candidate for leadership is Henry T. He spent time on twitter this week to support two backup Qb’s instead of preparing mentally for the game. The tweets could be interpreted that he was not supportive of JG. Team leaders do not do this publicly even if they believe it. Henry T did not play well yesterday. One VN member posted yesterday that they watched Henry T half-heartedly pursue a play yesterday. The coaches quit yesterday and the whole team is showing signs of doing that also.
Agree. To To is probably getting tired from playing defense for 50 minutes a game. Yes, he did not look good Sat.

Here's the season summarized in dating terms

You met an 3/10 at the bar. It took all night but you got her number

The 2/10 girl gave you the number willingly

The 8.5/10 girl toyed with you but rejected you big time at the end

The 5/10 rejected and humiliated you

The 10/10 continued the rejection and humiliation

The 10/10 was a psycho. The 10's always are.

So when the next coach is hired and doesnt get it done in 3 years, I guess you guys will complain and moan all the time and call him dead man walking huh?
Why wouldn’t we? I can’t speak for you or others but I’m not going to embrace the suck, I want Tennessee to effing WIN so yeah, if we fire Pruitt and the next “Coach” is also trash of course I’ll call for him to be fired.

Reactions: MeanOrange
The offense lacks a TE & a QB. Even Bama is forced to win games 52-43, or 48-44. the defense, even when good, will give up points. The offense must be able to compete.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Last year we came out the bye week hot after looking a lot worse.

Pruitts main issue has been rolling with JG. JG wet the bed like a 99 year old man without a nurse and a bedpan for two quarters and derailed all the positive momentum we gained over the last year. Then we ran into the best offense in the nation with an uninspired unit with a QB they dont trust to throw the ball.

I was happy to find out Maurer is as of right now the number 2 and shows no fear out there. Hes athletic. We know he can sling it. We know Bailey has been getting work.

Hyatt is emerging. Wideman is starting to see the field. We hear more and more young guys getting more looks.

I think they're going to get a lot done over the next two weeks. Don't forget there's a highly contentious election in between now and our game at Arkansas. I fear some major unrest can derail things or at least be a huge distraction.

Pruitt didn't get us out of the bye week last year to win 9 of 11, finish with a top 25 defense, procure a top 10 recruiting class and have us on our way to another top 10 class if he doesn't have some idea what he's doing.

I am holding out hope. I cant say he's a failure until we finally get to see another guy leading us at QB. JG played the way he should have played against Kentucky Saturday. Safe game managing. We won two games, had a lead at UGA with him doing that with the occasional good pass here and there. The thing is. We leave him out there we know he will wet the darn bed again and send us spiraling! We play him against Ark I can almost guarantee we win, get excited for A&M just to watch JG fumble his face off or go full on pick 6.

I think we have to bench him over the bye week. Maurer and/or Bailey must play. I'd prefer Maurer now. More ready. Can evade pressure with his legs. Has actual confidence in himself. Stronger arm and quicker release than JG and has experience from last year.

Can Pruitt please start his redemption with the permanent benching of JG? I cant help but think things will IMMEDIATELY look up just like they did last year!

Reactions: Codaman
It's year three, he's responsible for the habits these kids have in practice. Don't care about his excuses and how "the kids are tired of losing", heard it for the last ten years and it's what coaches who don't know how to fix things tell their fans.

some of you all are just blatantly dumb. If a guy comes in a true freshman he can hv high school practice habits that have to be fixed thus why some aren’t getting in the field. Whether Bailey or Keyshawn Lawrence or a Rb. In year 3 the culture and program is ran better than any yr under the previous 3 HC. Stop being whiny **** and know it takes time to rebuild. Look at Dabo, who was given time. Hell even Stoops at Ky. You don’t build a machine of a team over night. I get so damn tired of the whiny babies on this board and fan base.

Why wouldn’t we? I can’t speak for you or others but I’m not going to embrace the suck, I want Tennessee to effing WIN so yeah, if we fire Pruitt and the next “Coach” is also trash of course I’ll call for him to be fired.

Yeah that has worked out so well hasnt it? Lets just continue to hire and fire every 3 years. Thats the way you get a proven stud HC. I mean right?

I think I was expecting it more after the UK loss especially, but I appreciated his candor and vulnerability in stating that he's not used to this, and that the players are not okay with it and are hungry to get back to winning.

And his comments about younger players needing to adjust their preparation and practice habits seems to be the first thing that actually makes some sense about this QB fiasco. If they apply in any way to Maurer or Bailey, then I'm glad that he's not caving to immaturity, laziness, etc. (if any of that is the case as insinuated). Better to set the tone now than to let some highly-touted high school stars think they're running the show.

I realize we want to see improvement on the field like yesterday, but we've already seen what can happen when the head coach is afraid to call out players or even so much as criticize their performance in vague terms; not the road you want to go down.

I have zero desire to get back on the coaching carousel, so I'm remaining hopeful that things will once again be headed in the right direction soon.

I am preparing for ****** football for the next two years and then hopefully a great coach. If he surprises me, then good. I agree that I want him to succeed.

I think I was expecting it more after the UK loss especially, but I appreciated his candor and vulnerability in stating that he's not used to this, and that the players are not okay with it and are hungry to get back to winning.

And his comments about younger players needing to adjust their preparation and practice habits seems to be the first thing that actually makes some sense about this QB fiasco. If they apply in any way to Maurer or Bailey, then I'm glad that he's not caving to immaturity, laziness, etc. (if any of that is the case as insinuated). Better to set the tone now than to let some highly-touted high school stars think they're running the show.

I realize we want to see improvement on the field like yesterday, but we've already seen what can happen when the head coach is afraid to call out players or even so much as criticize their performance in vague terms; not the road you want to go down.

I have zero desire to get back on the coaching carousel, so I'm remaining hopeful that things will once again be headed in the right direction soon.
Your opinion is quickly becoming more and more of a minoriy opinion.

Yeah that has worked out so well hasnt it? Lets just continue to hire and fire every 3 years. Thats the way you get a proven stud HC. I mean right?

First of all we haven’t “hired and fired every three years” Butch got 5 and Dooley 4. Both got 1 year too many.

Outclassed or not, were not showing fight and resilience. Just would like to see constant effort. Biggest fight in the dog, no matter the size. Effort is contagious.

Pruitt burned through a lot of equity he didn’t have when he called out the fan base for not selling out the O/W game, and then has acted like a horse’s ass in almost every public appearance. Pruitt walked and talked like he was the second coming, but three years later he can’t even move the needle. Those of my ilk say show me, don’t tell me.

First of all we haven’t “hired and fired every three years” Butch got 5 and Dooley 4. Both got 1 year too many.

Point remains. But keep thinking you just hire and fire until you find the right guy for the fans. Like I said, it’s worked wonders for us. I mean more teams should come on VN and get opinions about how to run their football programs.

Point remains. But keep thinking you just hire and fire until you find the right guy for the fans. Like I said, it’s worked wonders for us. I mean more teams should come on VN and get opinions about how to run their football programs.

How long do you keep under-preforming employees?

Anyone thinking year three, especially this year, is delusional. It sucks to lose three in a row this way. Without the mind boggling Kentucky L, we would be on par with W/L expectations.
Not par as to competitiveness. That matters to a lot of fans, not just the Ws and Ls...it provides meaning to statistics, which are meaningless when just quoting wins and losses. Already had another guy today quoting our wins and losses during the years 2002-2008, which had a terrible downtrend in competitiveness with out biggest rivals

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back