I respect Pruitt's response...

There is a void in leadership from Jennings and Bituli’s departure. No one in the locker room is taking the reins for this team.

We need that pitbull leadership in the locker room.
Our best candidate for leadership is Henry T. He spent time on twitter this week to support two backup Qb’s instead of preparing mentally for the game. The tweets could be interpreted that he was not supportive of JG. Team leaders do not do this publicly even if they believe it. Henry T did not play well yesterday. One VN member posted yesterday that they watched Henry T half-heartedly pursue a play yesterday. The coaches quit yesterday and the whole team is showing signs of doing that also.

Reactions: 08Vol
This coach and staff in year 3

tenor.gif

According to Pruitt JG practices better and that is why he starts. Of course the others haven't been given the same opportunities but none the less. That is literally the most Butch Jones thing I have ever heard. We are now relegated to the "Practice Champions".

Anyone thinking year three, especially this year, is delusional. It sucks to lose three in a row this way. Without the mind boggling Kentucky L, we would be on par with W/L expectations.
But we DO have the mind boggling Kentucky L. Seems we have one or two mind benders every year. And every year we try to finish strong and hope to make a bowl game. Difference this year is that the end of year isn't filled with the weaker teams on the schedule.

Reactions: 08Vol and tpsdave
Our best candidate for leadership is Henry T. He spent time on twitter this week to support two backup Qb’s instead of preparing mentally for the game. The tweets could be interpreted that he was not supportive of JG. Team leaders do not do this publicly even if they believe it. Henry T did not play well yesterday. One VN member posted yesterday that they watched Henry T half-heartedly pursue a play yesterday. The coaches quit yesterday and the whole team is showing signs of doing that also.
It would have been nice to make Bama break a sweat. So much for that..

Others under the same circumstances are thriving. No excuses because everyone had the same start.

Agree with you to an extent but COVID contact tracing decimated our training camp. I said this in another post but the coaches who can adapt best to coaching with COVID are going to feast. We have not done that at all. I am frustrated that we went all in on JG and didn’t even have the backups ready. I know HB and BM missed a lot of practice due to injury. However, that is a timing issue that can be worked out if players are willing. The grasp of the offense is inexcusable. They should be in that playbook every second they have free. I remember Ainge talking about working with his roommate on check downs and progressions for each play and scenario.

It’s like Big Al said who is setting the standard. No one seems to be willing to put in the time to perfect their craft at QB. I am hopeful that HB can do this or that BM is stepping up. If you want something work hard and take it. I feel that sadly JG did enough to keep the QB position through Arkansas. I hope I’m wrong but the writing is there. Our WRs are open and have the skill to win with. But the short comings of JG are holding us back.

I want to hear from Pruitt that the QB situation is not settled and that each week the starter has to earn it. I liked what I saw from BM in his pocket presence. He is fearless when he runs.

Right now I would roll with him. His running ability adds a dynamic that we currently don’t have. We need a QB that can run the whole offense and not one that is watered down.

2 words- Sam Pittman

Let's see if you still stand behind this statement after our game at Arkansas. As bad as we looked yesterday, I like our chances. I respect Pittman a lot (if for no other reason other that he did a phenomenal job when he was on the Dooley staff), but so far Arkansas has played with nothing to lose (their expectations were very different than what we usually have at UT meaning they had no pressure where they had to win right now). However, things have changed where they are going to be expected to beat us and let's see if they can back it up (could be similar to what just happened to UK and they were immediatily put back to where they belong - just because we gifted them that game did not suddenly make them world beaters and I expect same will happen to Arkansas soon - hopefully as soon as we play them).

This place cracks me up sometimes. We are 2-0 and just ran over Mizz. Many of you guys act like you think Pruitt is going to be our Savior. We are now 2-3. We lost 2 games to 2 of the Top 4 teams in the country and lost a trap game in between those two tough games. Now you want to tar and feather Pruitt and run him out of town on a rail. Man, what a difference a couple of weeks make on Volnation. lol And I really love it when someone tries to explain things. The FACTS they use are dismissed as excuses. No, FACTS are facts. SMH

Let's see if you still stand behind this statement after our game at Arkansas. As bad as we looked yesterday, I like our chances. I respect Pittman a lot (if for no other reason other that he did a phenomenal job when he was on the Dooley staff), but so far Arkansas has played with nothing to lose (their expectations were very different than what we usually have at UT meaning they had no pressure where they had to win right now). However, things have changed where they are going to be expected to beat us and let's see if they can back it up (could be similar to what just happened to UK and they were immediatily put back to where they belong - just because we gifted them that game did not suddenly make them world beaters and I expect same will happen to Arkansas soon - hopefully as soon as we play them).
My opinion today is that we are coming home from Arkansas with our tails between our legs. Unless we have a new Qb and learn how to tackle and cover receivers in the next two weeks.

Reactions: whodeycin85
When players see poor coaching decisions it impacts their effort. If the coaches are not willing to make changes to help the team why should players keep busting their asses with no hopes of winning games? Pruitt doesn't get his sh!t together I wouldn't be surprised to see Henry T enter the transfer portal. I do not blame Henry T at all over his tweets.

Reactions: VolRage
It's year three, he's responsible for the habits these kids have in practice. Don't care about his excuses and how "the kids are tired of losing", heard it for the last ten years and it's what coaches who don't know how to fix things tell their fans.
What do coaches say to their fans that know how to fix things?

I posted that. He is for sure not setting a good example lately

It's year three, he's responsible for the habits these kids have in practice. Don't care about his excuses and how "the kids are tired of losing", heard it for the last ten years and it's what coaches who don't know how to fix things tell their fans.

Player accountability. Oh you are one of those that thinks everything is Pruitts fault arent you? LOL.

Reactions: feathersax
Still say if JG was benched it would be a morale booster. He isn't the whole problem
but a whole lot. JMO. I'm just guessing don't know any more than the rest of Volnation.

Reactions: VolGirl05
Player accountability. Oh you are one of those that thinks everything is Pruitts fault arent you? LOL.
It may not all be his fault but it absolutely is 100% his responsibility. In 2-1/2 years, losing to Georgia State, Vanderbilt, Mizzou, Kentucky at home, BYU, not to mention the fact that under Pruitt we have suffered 12 blowout losses by 21 points or more in that time period (by comparison, we had only suffered 6 at this same point in time under both Dooley and Jones). The writing is clearly on the wall. These players do not play inspired. They do not play with any type of fire or emotion. They do not play fundamentally sound. I get no sense of buy in from these players whatsoever. That's on Pruitt man. Its HIS responsibility to prepare his team and have them ready to play each week. Pruitt is not the guy!

I just want us to be good again. Not even for me, but for my kids who are now Vols fans. I can’t be responsible for this lol

VN Store

Back