I hate to say it, but...

It doesn't matter if fans are cocky. Not even a little. It is Pruitt's job to assure the team neither under nor over estimates IU. Both are dangerous. Both have cost UT games over the last 30 years.

IU more talented? If so... then folks need to stop panicking about the recruiting rankings. Over the last 4 years, IU has averaged the number 50 class. UT has averaged the number 16 class. IU has signed zero 4/5* players. UT signed over 30. So if those rankings mean anything at all... that is an overwhelming talent advantage for UT.

The best 4 teams IU played happen to also be the only teams they played who were bowl eligible. The lost to all of them- Michigan, PSU, Michigan St, and Ohio St. Sorry. Those teams simply aren't better than Bama, UGA, UF, and UK. The bottom 2/3's of their schedule is MUCH worse.
I think the Vols would have mangled them had JG not been soooo bad in the red zone.

And JG kind of shrugged off his pitiful play with "I hate that I started like that but oh well, we won."

Indiana most likely wins this game. We are too cocky and they have more talent and have played a tougher schedule. Hope I'm wrong...

They were lucky to win. You were basically right for the most part. I don't think they were cocky, I just think they were overlooking Indiana. To me, the play-calling indicated they thought they were more physical than Indiana.

And let's give Indiana and their coaching staff a little credit. How about we tip our caps to them? They played hard and they coached it's pretty damn good.

Some people ask why JG plays better off the bench. I don't have that answer except baseball has unbelievable relied pitchers that can't start. TN has the a first relief pitcher of football. Its seems they have to watch first and let it come to them instead of starting the fight.

Reactions: feathersax
@Bennessee01

Yea. I watched the whole thing. He hit a couple of passes but those were hardly examples of well engineered drives. None of that game was what you should be able to expect from your 4th year QB.

And that's before you remember that UT shouldn't have needed a dramatic comeback if not for JG's poor play.

I am super stoked we got the win but why did it take until late in the 4th for coaches and players to have a sense of urgency? The up-tempo offense should have been implemented for the start. The game was entertaining but nerve wracking as he11.

That was Minnesota and that's why I didn't want to play them. Indiana is not Minnesota.
I wish we played Minnesota. I don’t want to duck anyone. We will continue to improve with good competition. We got better yesterday. GBO!!

I wish we played Minnesota. I don’t want to duck anyone. We will continue to improve with good competition. We got better yesterday. GBO!!
We didn't duck anyone.

Getting better and winning is better than getting better and losing.

Did I really need to say this?

@Bennessee01

Yea. I watched the whole thing. He hit a couple of passes but those were hardly examples of well engineered drives. None of that game was what you should be able to expect from your 4th year QB.

And that's before you remember that UT shouldn't have needed a dramatic comeback if not for JG's poor play.
It was a fun game and Bowl games don't matter anyway, they're just exhibition games, participation trophies etc. Heard that here.

Reactions: sjt18
We didn't duck anyone.

Getting better and winning is better than getting better and losing.

Did I really need to say this?
I am only saying some are saying they are glad we didn’t play Minnesota. I and saying bring it. That’s all. In the pat we canceled NC. I don’t think JP is that guy.

I am only saying some are saying they are glad we didn’t play Minnesota. I and saying bring it. That’s all. In the pat we canceled NC. I don’t think JP is that guy.

I'm saying I'm glad we didn't play Minnesota, but obviously this is different than regular season. No, I wouldn't want to ever buy out a game like we did NC. I'm just glad we got paired with Indiana. This is one year I personally felt we needed to end the season with a win, no natter if it was against The NW School for the Blind Tech.

Say what you want I don't care, we needed a win and got one. Let's get our chit together and build on it.

Reactions: TJVol95
I swear JG just can’t play good unless he comes off the bench. It is the craziest thing that I just can’t wrap my head around.
I think Pruitt said it perfectly after the game. Sometimes a the game slows down a bit for a QB from the sidelines. It is almost as if JG is able to handle the pressure better when looks at the pass rush from the sidelines for a series. He still reverts back to last year where he was constantly in danger of getting blasted on every play. Now, when he sees how well the OL is actually blocking from the sidelines, he seems to be more relaxed when he goes back in and starts looking downfield and not at the DL.

VN Store

Back