Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
If the NCAA allows him to coach at Liberty or anywhere else, why do previous infractions disqualify him from coaching at his dream job? If that's the case he should be banned from coaching anywhere! Forever unemployed in the new Amerika!

It isn't cheating unless you get caught. Apparently Pruitt was even bad at cheating too. At least be good if you're going to get caught.

I mean they were apparently cheating well. It only got out because someone was tired of Pruitt sucking like a black hole and they turned him in from the inside. Win and it never comes out.

Reactions: Cartervol
Y
It still baffles me people wanting Freeze. That makes a lot of sense, fire someone for having the program under investigation, Only to hire another coach who had a previous program under investigation.
You ever been divorced?

I’m hearing that Freeze has to go through the SEC Commissioner and the commish may not be ready to let Freeze back in.

I don’t think the multiple “integrity” lines from Randy Boyd was an accident. That seemed to me it was direct shots at Freeze.

I felt like it was more an act of penitence and show of "correct behavior" to the NCAA - and a tip of the hat to fans screaming for Hugh Freeze. If acting contrite or groveling nets us a few additional scholarships, then by all means, commence to groveling.

The problem is we are firing a coach for violations and in return would be hiring a coach who was fired for violations. The university will see it as hypocritical. I don't expect Freeze but it would be cool.

I think, just like in 2012 and in 17 with Gruden, Freeze or Napier are the only two who the fan base would say let’s ride with this. If it’s some bs hire we’re going to get more bs. For some reason I think they’re going to nail this hire.

They gotta nail two hires.

Liberty. End of argument.
Hey, he’s had a great year and I could absolutely be wrong. I was 100% in on him until I went back and took a closer look at his results. I was caught up in how he’s done this year and him beating Bama a couple times and that one great year at Ole Miss. Overall, he hasn’t been great though. If we’re seriously considering Kiffin as some are saying already then we should absolutely look at Freeze too. Who would take between the two?

I’m not so sure that’s a bad thing. Yes he beat Bama a couple times but his team would also turn around and lose to someone like Memphis. Freeze looks like he could be fools gold but I guess we won’t know for sure.
Memphis has been the best team in the state for the last 6 or 8 years.

VN Store

Back