I don’t feel bad about losing to the best team in the tourney in OT

I live in Bama, and for the next few days I'll be rooting for Auburn. They are playing as well as anyone, but I'm afraid the injury to Okeke is gonna come back to haunt them.

Reactions: alaVOL
Cline has a career game versus TN and disappears in the next game. Why am I not surprised?

Cline hit 2 out of 5 for 40% last night any coach will take that every game. He was contested on the 2 he hit just about like Grant was on him on his last 3 against us. He bricked one when he was wide open last night hurt his confidence. The game last night was close to his norm the 7 out of 10 against us was "I'm in a ZONE" once in a lifetime game. His season average is 12 points a game , he scored 10 last night his normal game. He scored career high 27 against us.

Several Purdue players played much better against us! Their big guys stepping out hitting 3’s - much better at running motion and cline shooting lights out. Edwards was on fire against UVa much like first half against us. He played great 2nd half vs UVa - but they became very one dimensional and it cost them the game. When he took over the rest of team was afraid to shoot. It allowed UVa to send 2-3 guys at him at times and steal the ball and forced several bad shots. Against us, when we focused on Edwards other guys were popping up and making plays. It just makes the loss sting even more!! This was a final four caliber team. If coulda, shoulda - we had the talent and team play and parts for a final 4.

What will we have next year?

Reactions: sechamp2012
Relative to tournament - if you really want best team - do similar to NBA. 8 teams. 5 power 5 teams and 3 at large. Play best of 5 series 1 v 8, 2 v 7, ....

If you really want to take some the luck out of it.

Speaking of nastiness - UVa had one trained hit man on the court. Don’t recall his name but every trip down court was setting moving screens and trying to knock the he!% out of Edwards - waylaid him 2 to 3 times some posessions. Couldn’t score, couldn’t shoot - main job was simply knock down whomever was gaurding their shooters! It was really obvious and many times illegal. Should have been called.

The refs in our game kept calling meager brush fouls on Bowden fighting thru screens. Basically took our guy tall enough to guard Cline out of the game. We basically got shafted from opening whistle.

Relative to tournament - if you really want best team - do similar to NBA. 8 teams. 5 power 5 teams and 3 at large. Play best of 5 series 1 v 8, 2 v 7, ....

No thanks. We like it just like it is.

March Madness is fun because of the way it is. Don't want to change it, except better officiating would be nice.

Interesting Stats
Non-Edwards stat for Purdue

Vs UT shot 26/41, 63% overall
10/17, 59% from 3

Vs UVa shot 13/30, 43% overall
4/13, 31% from 3

Rest of Purdue team played over their averages by far against UT. Was it anomally? Do we play that poor defense other than Turner and maybe Bowden?

I tend to think non-Edwards guys shot way better than normal vs UT.

Painter should have ran some set plays to keep Non-Edwards players involved in Offense.

In other words if non-Edwards players would have shot those percentages they have 5 3’s vs us instead of 10, and 4 less 2’s - we would have won by 23 points!

Or even if Edwards got 43 instead of 29 on us and non-Edwards -23 points, we would have won by 9!

Maybe the key take-away is let Edwards shoot em all and lock down everyone else?

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Bennett appears to have made the decision to shut everyone else down and make Edwards beat them. He almost did.

Bennett appears to have made the decision to shut everyone else down and make Edwards beat them. He almost did.
Cline runs into a man-wall every time he tries to come off of a screen. Great coaching. You can't stop Edwards. But you can stop Cline. You can't beat them both. But, stop one, and your chances grow, immensely. No Cline=No win.

If only UT pretended every team was UK they could have gone undefeated.

So if UT had pretended UK was UK then UT would have won at Rupp?

tenor.gif

March Madness is fun because of the way it is. Don't want to change it, except better officiating would be nice.

I with you, Leave way it is. Even a best of 3 games between P5 +3 AL would work to get the best team in the end but ultimately take the fun out of it.

Reactions: JCP201

VN Store

Back