Hyatt and Tillman at bowl game?

It’s not virtue signaling. Learn definitions of words.
Secondly, I don’t care what Alabama’s players did or didn’t do. Just like it don’t care what my neighbor’s ate for dinner last night. It doesn’t effect me and I have no equity in it. Every situation is different to every player.
How selfish do you have to be, to criticize someone for making a business decision that can change the generational wealth of his family, because YOU want to be entertained.
you should care cause if your neighbors had chilli and you were cool with them you could have had chilli

The insane thing is you can’t see the irony of a statement like “it’s not hard to see when you take the emotion out of it”, when the whole reason you accuse him of “quitting” is because of how much emotion you’re attaching to the situation.

You’ve never been in that locker room and you really think you know what all the players think of his decision. Jalin Hiyatt did more for UT on one night then you’ll ever do in a lifetime and you honestly think you have any credibility to attack that decision. It just comes across as pointless whining about a process you don’t have any experience with.

They won the game anyway, let it go.
Excellent post. We seem to have several folks who have NFS (Needy Fan Syndrome). It is awfully easy for erstwhile couch coaches to demand that players take a chance with their future livelihood just to satisfy their NFS. I could care less what Young and Anderson did. As with Jalin Hyatt, it was their decision and nobody else’s counts. Really glad they didn’t get injured. Personally I didn’t even think about Jalin or Banks once the game started. More interested in what Squirrel and Beasley did and they showed out.

Reactions: CR-vol
Were Hyatt and Tillman at the bowl game? I know there was a lot of focus on Hooker, but never saw any of those two. Would have been interesting to hear how they were mentors to the other receivers leading up to the Orange Bowl and throughout the season.
Neither were there, team only is allowed to travel so many so why travel two guys that are preparing for the nfl? Nothing against them or the team just doesn’t make sense logistically.

The insane thing is you can’t see the irony of a statement like “it’s not hard to see when you take the emotion out of it”, when the whole reason you accuse him of “quitting” is because of how much emotion you’re attaching to the situation.

You’ve never been in that locker room and you really think you know what all the players think of his decision. Jalin Hiyatt did more for UT on one night then you’ll ever do in a lifetime and you honestly think you have any credibility to attack that decision. It just comes across as pointless whining about a process you don’t have any experience with.

They won the game anyway, let it go.

Again triggered by words. He quit. It took me two words to describe the situation. Doesn't affect me in the least. I'm happy for Hyatt. But calling it opting out instead of quitting is 100% emotional because of how the word quit conjures up negative feelings. It's not personal so please stop making it personal.

Reactions: vols 30
Philosophical question for those that call the opt outs “quitters”. If you’ve ever left a company for more pay and/or benefits in order to better provide for yourself and your family, did you label yourself a “quitter”? Did your co-workers (teammates) label you a “quitter”? I’m guessing not. And between the time you resigned and the time you started the new job, would you have done anything to jeopardize the new position? Only if you are really stupid. Answer those questions honestly and then tell me why Jalin Hyatt should be labeled a “quitter” when he was only protecting his shot at a big payday for him and his family.

Neither were there, team only is allowed to travel so many so why travel two guys that are preparing for the nfl? Nothing against them or the team just doesn’t make sense logistically.
Thank you! Makes perfect sense.

The only thing that matters to me is how the teammates feel. Maybe if Hyatt was on the sideline, that would take away from the attention of the WR that are getting a time to shine in a bowl game with their new QB. Way too many unknown factors for us to cast aspersions.
I loved that HH was there but he was never going to be a distraction because he didn’t have the option to play.

How would feel if UT was in the playoff? Would you still be ok with it? Because it's going to happen with the expanded playoffs

Excellent post. We seem to have several folks who have NFS (Needy Fan Syndrome). It is awfully easy for erstwhile couch coaches to demand that players take a chance with their future livelihood just to satisfy their NFS. I could care less what Young and Anderson did. As with Jalin Hyatt, it was their decision and nobody else’s counts. Really glad they didn’t get injured. Personally I didn’t even think about Jalin or Banks once the game started. More interested in what Squirrel and Beasley did and they showed out.
As a fan I would prefer they play. I also understand their decision. It isn't like they are leaving the team and going to work down the street for a 50,000 dollar a year raise.

The season includes a bowl game, if there is one, IMO. You leave the team before the season is over b/c of anything other than personal injury or family emergency, you leave all the benefits of being on the team as well. Use of any facilities, bowl games, etc., included in that.

The focus on the team should be on those who are still playing. Anyone else is now a hanger-on who is a distraction. Sort of like boosters, alumni, etc. who have sideline passes and hang out during games like they are really a part of something. You did your thing while on the team, now move on. Go sit with alumni and talk war stories about when you played. Leave the game like you left the team.

Reactions: GBOx2 and GoVols15
Now he quit on the team because he didn’t participate in a bowl game? A meaningless game? It’s not part of the regular season. I would have loved to have seen Hyatt play but risking millions because “Vols 30” decides that he quit the team is absurd.
Obviously it wasn’t meaningless to the other players, and about 40 thousand fans who spent a lot of money to support them.

Reactions: GoVols15
Thanks! Didn’t mean for this to turn into a discussion about opt outs. I was wondering about the travel restrictions, figured they would be different for a bowl game vs regular season or conference championship game. I’m sure the team felt supported by the two of them regardless of whether they were physically at the game.

Interesting the Bama key players played. To each his own in this new world of NIL and it is about me vs the team. I have no doubt Hooker would have played.

I found this interesting:

"We all made a promise to each other that we would play and that we would go out and compete one last time with each other," linebacker Henry To'o To'o said following the Crimson Tide's 45-20 victory over Kansas State on Saturday at Caesars Superdome. "We just had a conversation about, you know, 'What are everyone's intentions? What do we want out of this season? What does the team mean to us?' I think the biggest thing it came down to was that as leaders, we can't preach something to the guys and not follow through with it."

Yeah, Henry, it is important to teach the guys around you about sticking with something and not failing to follow through. You know, honor your commitments. It is nice to know To'o To'o is not the type of guy who would abandon his teammates to go play for their biggest rivals. (insert sarcasm font).

VN Store

Back