Hyatt and Tillman at bowl game?

bigalvol27

Were Hyatt and Tillman at the bowl game? I know there was a lot of focus on Hooker, but never saw any of those two. Would have been interesting to hear how they were mentors to the other receivers leading up to the Orange Bowl and throughout the season.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Interesting the Bama key players played. To each his own in this new world of NIL and it is about me vs the team. I have no doubt Hooker would have played.
It’s easy to make a decision for someone else, risking their future, their potential income and their wellbeing.
But yeah…to each their own.

It’s easy to make a decision for someone else, risking their future, their potential income and their wellbeing.
It was on display in every bowl game. Some finished what they started and some didn't and that's ok. Heupel would just say "next man up" and just roll with them

Could be the expanded playoff will help this in the future. Maybe with more on the line players on the more competitive teams will opt to participate.

Reactions: 08Vol and Raebo
I don't understand him playing most of the 1st half vs Vandy, a literal meaningless blowout but opted out of the his reward for sticking it out and working hard on bad teams. Doesn't make sense.

Could be the expanded playoff will help this in the future. Maybe with more on the line players on the more competitive teams will opt to participate.

Some will I guess. Some with no concept of what team means will still opt out

Reactions: iamadoc
I just hope I never become a type of Fan that's ok with players quitting on the team.

Leaving after 3 years? Ok. I get it. Good luck!

Starting the season on the team and quiting because you're worried about injury? Pathetic!
Now he quit on the team because he didn’t participate in a bowl game? A meaningless game? It’s not part of the regular season. I would have loved to have seen Hyatt play but risking millions because “Vols 30” decides that he quit the team is absurd.

Now he quit on the team because he didn’t participate in a bowl game? A meaningless game? It’s not part of the regular season. I would have loved to have seen Hyatt play but risking millions because “Vols 30” decides that he quit the team is absurd.

Did you watch and cheer for the Vols during the game? If so, it's not meaningliss to you.

You think the players who played thought it was meaningless? I'm guessing no

Did you watch and cheer for the Vols during the game? If so, it's not meaningliss to you.

You think the players who played thought it was meaningless? I'm guessing no
So you get to make decisions for other people because it isn’t meaningless to you?
I guarantee you would quit on your McDonald’s team if Wendy’s offered you $1 more an hour.

After Tillman's injury - guys would have been stupid to play - that was too recent. Also with Squirrel and Ramel - not to mention Bruiser McCoy - whom really cared?

Reactions: 08Vol
I think Hooker would have played if not injured.
I am halfway surprised Hendon didn’t play WHILE injured. That young man is such a competitor I wouldn’t have been shocked to see him steal someone’s helmet and head out onto the field on crutches 😂
That is the kind of player we need to keep bringing in.

VN Store

Back