Hugh Freeze mega thread and poll [merged]

Do you want Tennessee to hire Hugh Freeze?

• Yes

Votes: 1,219 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 360 22.9%

• Total voters
Is there a possibility that the SEC commish would blackball Freeze coming back to the conference?

I don't know all the particulars regarding Freeze's history and if he burned any SEC bridges in leaving.

F Sankey. He lets Calipari come in after 2 major NCAA violations at previous schools, let’s Pearl come in after screwing us. If Tennessee doesn’t hire Freeze, someone in the SEC will within 2 years.

AND.
Chadwell is from 30 miles north of Knoxville.
He even named his son Heath.
76-51 record as a HC, at 3 different stops. Has shown progress at each stop that he stayed at for more than one season.
He's turned Coastal Carolina into a top 15 team. He's in his early 40's

Billy Napier coach of Louisiana is also from Tennessee (Cookeville) also early 40's and winning HC record. Has coached with Swinney and Saban. Offensive minded coach as well.

Freeze, Chadwell, and Napier will be in the SEC within the next 2 seasons. Tennessee needs to grab one of them.
Freeze
Chadwell
Napier
In that order.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
Because that job is open
And thats how u ruin your HC career with the big boys. U cant just jump on the 1st open job. He has 0 ties to that school or particular region. Ole Miss was a no brainer for him bc he was born there and it's the closest SEC campus to Memphis. He has spent his entire coaching career basically in the mid-south/ West TN area. Schools like Ole Miss, Arkansas, UT, or Memphis would all make sense to me if any of those schools were available.

F Sankey. He lets Calipari come in after 2 major NCAA violations at previous schools, let’s Pearl come in after screwing us. If Tennessee doesn’t hire Freeze, someone in the SEC will within 2 years.

Good point. If Pearl can coach in the conference, then I don’t see how they can say no to anybody.

Such a long, long shot right now we don't have the funds for a Top Hire like Freeze and the buyout of dummy and staff is like $20 million, just don't see it happening. If Pruitt continues to play JG and we lose to Vanderbilt all bets are off and they may just have to fire Pruitt.

Hope the deep pocket boosters are listening to what is happening. Mr Ergin are you listening at Dish Networks, last I checked your net worth is now exceeding $10 BILLION and we would be very grateful if you could spare some pocket change and make this happen!!
I’d probably switch from Directv to Dish.
GBO!!

VN Store

Back