How much longer will the NCAA take ?

TennEddie

If this was in a court of law,waiting this long would be considered cruel and inhuman punishment.
Waiting under The Sword of Damocles has been worse than many other schools that had similar
violations and got off with a quick slap on the wrist.
We immediately turned over all of the records. We immediately self imposed penalties.
We immediately dismissed all personnel that was involved.
Somebody ( the Governor ? ) needs to put some heat on the NCAA

Reactions: Ratvol
If this was in a court of law,waiting this long would be considered cruel and inhuman punishment.
Waiting under The Sword of Damocles has been worse than many other schools that had similar
We immediately turned over all of the records. We immediately self imposed penalties.
The longer it takes and the more people forget about it, the better. When they slap us on the wrist, there wont be a ton of backlash.

The longer it takes and the more people forget about it, the better. When they slap us on the wrist, there wont be a ton of backlash.

Shouldn't be any backlash. How many other schools would have self-reported, fired everybody involved, and self impose penalties (though I'm not sure we've done that........yet)?

I believe I read where the University brought in NCAA reps when they started the investigation of Pruitt and staff so there should not have been any delay in making a decision once the UT investigation was completed since it supposedly was a parallel investigation. The more incompetent the NCAA looks the better for us.

Shouldn't be any backlash. How many other schools would have self-reported, fired everybody involved, and self impose penalties (though I'm not sure we've done that........yet)?
I mean from other schools/fans. When we barely get any punishment, other schools and fanbases would riot if it's a hot topic. If it has been quite a while and not many people remember, there wont be much said about the severity or lack thereof.

They’re waiting till 25 commits. Then they’ll pull rug out and send VN into orbit. Things are going way to swimmingly right now. 🤌

Reactions: TennEddie
Honesty I couldn't care less. We cleaned up our mistakes and penalized ourselves. Anything other than the NCAA giving us a pat on the back for our efforts would head straight to court. From UTs perspective, it's over and done with....or it should be. We need to move the hell on and focus on restoring the program.

The NCAA is in a tough spot now. It’s now legal to pay players. So how much do you penalize a team for doing something that is now legal. Yes I know it’s done differently but it still comes down to its legal to pay players. It’s similar to people now getting out of jail because marijuana laws have now been changed.

Last year I believe it made a negative difference in recruiting, I could be wrong. This year our recruiting machine is hitting on all cylinders, so I just don't care what the NCAA does.

NCAA will probably wait until the UT is making serious headway in our football program. Then hit us with crippling sanctions and more, their Vols hate will show itself.

Reactions: Fanforlife21

Pardon me for being away for awhile, but they have not put the Pruitt stuff to bed YET? I mean, the only thing out there pending longer than this is going after that woman who got E.Till killed.

Reactions: TennEddie
I believe I read where the University brought in NCAA reps when they started the investigation of Pruitt and staff so there should not have been any delay in making a decision once the UT investigation was completed since it supposedly was a parallel investigation. The more incompetent the NCAA looks the better for us.

the NCAA is always slow. Doesn't matter what you do to help them, when they decide is on their timetable. No one can ever predict when or what the decision will be.

They haven't even given UT a Letter of Allegations yet which will happen long before a decision comes down.

For a little perspective here, how long did it take them to finally address the Will Wade situation at LSU??? (Imagine a facetious tone of voice for the last half of that question.) Three? Four? Five years??! And we're still just in year two of our situation.

For a little perspective here, how long did it take them to finally address the Will Wade situation at LSU??? (Imagine a facetious tone of voice for the last half of that question.) Three? Four? Five years??! And we're still just in year two of our situation.

there was a federal investigation going on. they were not going to do anything while that was in process.

I'll be the old guy here,. Expecting anything in a timely manor, or expecting a fair, logical, or past punishments comparable situations as a guide, is setting themselves up for MAJOR FRUSTRATIONS.. Ive been following College Football since very early 70s and have never seen the NCAA do anything predictable, ever.

The entire NCAA should be replaced. It's old and not efficient. I think the major conferences should get together and form a new governing body.
Will not make any difference with a new organization. People will destroy that institution’s credibility just like the NCAA. Human nature is human nature.

The entire NCAA should be replaced. It's old and not efficient. I think the major conferences should get together and form a new governing body.

You do understand, the NCAA is governed by Presidents of universities. Your new governing body will be governed by those same presidents.

Dont expect very dramatic changes once NCAA breaks up. Might even be much harder and disorganized.

Reactions: Devo182

VN Store

Back