How much football experience do you have?

How much football experience do you have (pick highest level)

• Played Elementry/Little League Football

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Played Junior High/Middle School Football

Votes: 55 7.9%
  • Played JV High School Football

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Played Varsity High School Football

Votes: 309 44.3%
  • Played Non Power 5 College Football

Votes: 101 14.5%
  • Played Power 5 College Football

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Played Semi Pro Football

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Played Professionally Outside of US

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Played NFL Football

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • No Football Playing Experience

Votes: 111 15.9%

• Total voters
I played JV for 1 year. During the Spring. Several tryout cycles as well. and I watch my son play HS football. I'd make a good coach. I have a simple philosophy to teach these academic football minds. See the ball. See the person holding it. Put him on the ground ASAP with authority, before he crosses the last line on the field. Look like you been there before.

My favorite game. Though one folded too tightly would put your finger on IR.
True. My friend and counterpart across the table, was a guy whose name is fairly well-known as a Hollywood actor and supporter of the Vols...

I signed up for Pop Warner Football in the 3rd grade. One practice, a coach ordered us to go hand-over-hand across the monkey bars before we ran to the field for practice. We were all lined up, flowing through the monkey bars. A boy behind me was watching those in front of us go through the bars and run to the field. He was becoming increasingly anxious. He wanted to be on the field with the others who had made it through the monkey bars. He noticed nobody was in line on the other side of the monkey bars. He broke line and ran to the other side of the bars. His attempt to climb up was thwarted by the boys climbing down. He made it up just as I was starting to cross. He started coming at me, kicking furiously as he moved hand-over-hand. I was hanging there, yelling at him to stop, yelling at him that he could not come through that way. Flailing away, he kicked me in the solar plexus. I fell from the monkey bars, landing on my left arm. The kid waiting at the top of the ladder behind me kicked the errant boy as he approached, causing him to fall on top of me. With me breaking his fall, he was OK and ran to the field. I was not OK.

Both my left ulna and radius were fractured, and one bone in my wrist was cracked. I had to wear casts for six months. My father proclaimed that was the end of football for me. I was to find another sport, preferably one in which my chances of injury were less. I chose futbol, soccer. I did not play organized football, again. Of course, I played backyard ball, tackle with no pads or equipment as boys and young men are wont to do.

Last edited:
He must be shy, or scared.

Where did you play souce? What position? Would love to hear more about this.
I'm happy to see your interest in my successful professional football career!
I was a star LB for the Stockholm Mean Machines. Nobody could fill those holes on the LOS like me! I was the MEANEST machine on our team!

At 14-15 (Fresh JV), I was a 175-180 pound lineman.

Crazy cause now at 21, I weigh 135 and am like skin and bones lol

Honestly wish I had gotten a chance to play corner/skill when I was younger.

Would love to know who the NFL players who use VN are!

All conference,captain,MVP,and offensive player of the year for the Rush Strong Plainsmen.

Once I got to high school I gave it up and played basketball.

I cant say that I ever really loved playing football.

I played for 13 years and I feel every minute of my playing days on a daily basis. Multiple knee surgeries on each knee and back surgery. And yes, I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.
You know, it's almost like you should have your kids scanned before you let them play.

I was visiting the chiropractor regularly by the 7th grade.

In high school, I couldn't understand why guys were bouncing around after practice and I felt like I'd been in a car wreck. Coach was always looking at me like I was a slacker, taking plays off, going half speed at times etc. Couldn't understand why I was killing it in sprints and the weight room and terrible on the field.

Senior year, I didn't even suit up. Just said I was done, I'd lost interest, etc.

Turns out that years later I find that I had stenosis, other spinal issues and a neck with no curvature. Darn lucky I didn't cripple myself. In my early 30s I was told I had the neck of a 70 year old.

I loved football and desperately wanted to be good at it. I'm glad I ended up with daughters so I wouldn't have a son resenting me for never letting him play.

Played from the time I was 6, until I graduated HS. Played RB, QB, TE, FB, DE, LB, and SS. OLB and SS in HS . FB in goalline package, on offense. Broken leg, several broken fingers.

You know, it's almost like you should have your kids scanned before you let them play.

I was visiting the chiropractor regularly by the 7th grade.

In high school, I couldn't understand why guys were bouncing around after practice and I felt like I'd been in a car wreck. Coach was always looking at me like I was a slacker, taking plays off, going half speed at times etc. Couldn't understand why I was killing it in sprints and the weight room and terrible on the field.

Senior year, I didn't even suit up. Just said I was done, I'd lost interest, etc.

Turns out that years later I find that I had stenosis, other spinal issues and a neck with no curvature. Darn lucky I didn't cripple myself. In my early 30s I was told I had the neck of a 70 year old.

I loved football and desperately wanted to be good at it. I'm glad I ended up with daughters so I wouldn't have a son resenting me for never letting him play.
I played non P5 college and have an arthritic knee and wouldn't trade my pain for the wonderful memories and experiences. The friendship and bonds created are forever. Now, having said that, I desperately wanted one of my two boys to experience playing in college like I did. One was good enough to play for a small school but started getting stingers nearly every game and they got progressively worse. It was at that point, I came to the realization that his health is the most important thing and I was glad he ultimately decided the same and did not pursue playing in college. It's a tough call because it is a dangerous sport and there is nothing worse than seeing your child injured or have a permanent injury or even worse. I played and coached many years and love the sport and believe it can teach a lot of valuable lessons. But kids are getting so big and strong injuries are becoming inevitable. It's a tough call.

VN Store

Back