How long until we compete for the East

It depends really. I think Florida is a mess like we are but it’s just not as self evident. Pruitt’s ceiling is 9 wins with top 8 recruiting classes. Honestly if you hired freeze with this roster today, I think they win ten games next year and finish with the best recruiting class in the SEC. that’s enough momentum to have them in the championship game by 2024.

Lol. When Florida is in a mess they still win 9-10 games and compete for SEC championship. When we are in a mess we are fighting to stay level with Vandy. Big difference.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Hire Freeze and we will compete right away next season and def in 2022 but that makes too much good sense to this Administration.

giphy.gif

Well, it's like this......Mullen is the best coach and schemer in the East......he will always be able to do more with less than anybody else.......Kirby is the best recruiter, so his teams will always be in the mix based on sheer talent.....the rest of us will fight like he!! to be relevant among the second tier of teams, which is currently led by Kentucky and Missouri.
Therefore, before we can compete for supremacy, we have to get ourselves in that second tier and dominate that space
until the right coach and AD can carry us to the next level. I hate that TN finds itself in this lowly position, but it is what it is and nothing is going to change it except winning games against the other bottom feeders.

Won't be this decade. 2030s could be the decade of the Vols.
As of today, How long do you think it will take before we compete for the East?
I know there are unknown variables with current coaching situation and investigation.
Thoughts?

I hope it's within the next 3-5 years. More than anything I hope for fewer embarrassments. That would be a start.

I know there are unknown variables with current coaching situation and investigation.
Thoughts?
We’re not even competing!

When the moon is in the 7th hours
And Jupiter lines with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

Then maybe, just MAYBE!. But then, don't bank on it.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Thoughts?
Well. The process of improving to a point of competing for the East has to start before you can predict when it will end.

Thoughts?
Not too long, possibly next season. Flordia has some real issues and Georgia is not going to be the same.

Thoughts?
With Beldar S****head as HC....NEVER.

3 years after Kevin Steele is fired which will be at least 4 years into what will probably be a 6-year contract.

So, 2028 or 2029 depending on whether Pruitt is fired this year, or after this season.

Thoughts?

3 years with Chadwell at the helm

I’ll be 39 in 2 months. We haven’t won the East since I was 25 and the SEC since I was 16. SMFH

Reactions: JoAllan
Thoughts?
Good gawd.

Never. Place is a toxic waste dump and everyone in college football knows it
Tend to agree but the way Pruitt is clinging despite everything that's been brought to light reminds me of the cockroach who can survive an atomic blast. So long as Cornbred stays, we are in prime position to hoist a trophy if there is thermonuclear armageddon.

VN Store

Back