How long have you followed/been a Vol football fan ?

Born in 1969, remember going to games with my dad in 79

Really thought Reggie White, Wille Gault & Anthony Hancock walked on water

You ?
I remember listening to my first Vols game in 1955, can't count the games I've been to. Took my son to his first game, my daughter to her first game, my daughter in law to her first game , my son in law to his first game, both grandsons to their first games. My in laws and grandson are from Alabama I have a 50% conversion rate, I'm doing pretty good.

Born in 57. Vol fan since early grade school. Had 3 older brothers who were huge Vol fans. Someone recently ask me why I was a Vol and Cardinal fan. Easy answer. My older brothers were!

Reactions: ArdentVol
Born in 1989. My first real memory of Vol football was beating Florida State in the national title game. Little did I know that would be the PEAK of Vol Football. Been a die hard ever since. Used to watch every single game with my dad. EVERY. SINGLE. Game. Until...the last couple of years. My dad has tuned out the Vols, which I something I never thought I would see. And even myself. Of the 10 games this year, I maybe actually watched 3 of them. Just completely disinterested with this guy Pruitt at the helm. I take it personally when I State I need this guy to go.
Became a fan in

Born in 1966

Became a fan when Rick Myers had "The Ernie and Bernie Show"

When we played Vandy, still remember the Orange-headed mascot dude and the other one on the unicycle.

Seems like the SEC BB game of the week was on Tuesday or Wednesday evening, of what we know as the FOX channel now.

Had to switch your tv to UHF to catch that tv station.

lol
Z-TV in Nashville.

Born in 1959. My grandfather got me to sit and listen on the radio with him in 1965. I was hooked from that day on. I went into the Army started college in there finished at UT. So my answer would be 56 years. Traveled all over to "see them Vol's" Two best memories beating Free Shoes U for the NC and whipping them Convicts in the '86 Sugar Bowl.

VFL...GBO

Born in 67. My earliest memory was UT beating Auburn on ABC, 21-0. Watching Condredge Holloway make defenders look foolish, and Stanley Morgan just running away from folks.

Born in '57... family season tickets 'forever' but most poignant UT memories:
- One handed catch, back of endzone, by Lester McClain at GT.
- Pouring down rain, third row up behind the hedges, at GA.
- UT vs ALA on transistor radio in '64, building our barn with my older brother and dad as leaves fell on the third Sat in Oct.
- listening to 'hold that line' from back seat on car radio going back home on Saturday nights
- graduating in '81
- listening to UT vs LSU OT game on dial-up intra-web from hotel on Sunday morning in Taipai
- singing the Alma Mater next to my dad, at the last homecoming game he was alive for.

Interesting. Can't recall who won those games, and only one involved actually being in Neyland... so maybe its not ALL about wins and losses.
great post

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Born in 68 In AR. Grew up watching South West Conf slug fests between TX, OU,AR etc. My family are all Hog Fans. My wife’s family are all Ole Miss fans (long story over a beer). I became a Vol fan in 1991,and have never wavered.

I graduated from high school in 1984 as a Vandy fan due to living in Nashville all my life. I sat out a year and worked after high school. My high school friend from Glencliff asked me to come to a game at Neyland. I did on November 10, 1984. I wasn't prepared for the rain nor had alcohol. My high school buddy hooked me up with a pretty gal that had liquor and an umbrella (umbrella allowed in 1984). We sat in the rain and watched Johnnie Jones run all over Memphis State leading UT to a 41-9 win!!! Afterwards, I told my high school buddy I would attend UT the next fall, started August of 85 and graduated in August of 89!!! GO VOLS!!!! =)

Last edited:

VN Store

Back