How long have you followed/been a Vol football fan ?

Made my first trip to Neyland in 2010 been a diehard since. Unfortunately we havent done well in the last decade. I remember watching manning around 10 years of age. Been a fan for about 16 years. But have always liked Tennessee. Love the color orange and Tennessee's rich traditions. Grew up in a Notre Dame family had a realitive play there in the 60's. But Tennessee is my #1. Looking back through the mid 90s and 2000s i was always intrigued by Tennessee football.

Last edited:
born in 50,
was seen wearing orange helmet while i was toddler and dad was always finding ways to get to knoxville from maryland in very first years .
first vol game was actually for basketball in nashville, in 56. remember that because we sitting at eye-level w/ court. best guess first football game was in 58 probably against chatt or possibly a freshman game.

wasn't until junior high that i could get into neyland for every game -- and that's cause i was one of the coca- cola kids

Born in 1967, just turned 54 years old, and became a fan in 1972, age 5... Remained a fan ever since.. First game I can remember attending in person in Neyland Stadium was the 1984 Tennessee/Florida game, and I kid you not, I paid $2.50 for the ticket on the street to get into that game, and my seat was in the North End Zone, I want to say one of the Y sections...

Born in 67, Holloway was 1st qb I remember, 1st game was Vandy in Nashville in 78, I caught a ride back to Sewanee with Coach Shirley Majors and his wife who was my 3rd grade teacher after the game. 1st game in Neyland was Iowa State in 82.

I just missed watching Dewey Warren, but watched Bobby "You Know" Scott. My first game in Neyland was actually a freshmen game vs Georgia Tech. I don't remember if this was actually an oversight or allowed, but some of us walked around the sidelines, and talked to the players near the water coolers. Eventually, the ushers made us go back into the stands, but the players were cool with us saying hey.

My first game was 85 against #1 Auburn and Bo Jackson. Dad took me, I was hooked ever since. My dad was a casual fan and took me because I wanted it. My dream was to play on that field. Unfortunately I have my dad's genes and knee and back problems are family issues. My football career was over in high school.

But I still say to this day I'd give my right arm to suit up and run through the T just one time...... Just once!

VN Store

Back