How long have you followed/been a Vol football fan ?

Peyton Manning did it for me. My first game @ Neyland was vs Vanderbilt in 03. Been to 5 games since, one at Mississippi State. The older I get the more I hold dear the glory days of Tennessee football & lady vol basketball.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
Didnt care until I heard my dad talk about some guy named Peyton not winning a trophy. The next year I fell in love with the Big Orange. But its been a steady downhill since. Sorry guys its me. I'm the bad luck.

Reactions: N.ohio vol
Born in 67, Holloway was 1st qb I remember, 1st game was Vandy in Nashville in 78, I caught a ride back to Sewanee with Coach Shirley Majors and his wife who was my 3rd grade teacher after the game. 1st game in Neyland was Iowa State in 82.

Damn, 85, I was at both those games. Remember the Vandy game well. Friend of mine & I each had big bets (big for us then)on the Vols that day. Vandy came out excited and jumped out to an early led. My friend got mad and said “I shouldn’t have listened to you” so I said “I’ll take your bet if you don’t want it” and he gave it to me. Then Tennessee woke up and kicked ass, clearly covering the line. He got mad again. Lol

Reactions: Vol 85
Holy crap you folks are old!

Jk

Born 78. First game was Bama 88 when Kieth Delong had 23 tackles. Got to meet him after the game with my dad and get his autograph. Despite losing, I enjoyed every minute.

Didnt care until I heard my dad talk about some guy named Peyton not winning a trophy. The next year I fell in love with the Big Orange. But its been a steady downhill since. Sorry guys its me. I'm the bad luck.
Well, you do have a jerm in your name. 🤣

Born in ‘79. Been a Vol fan since day 1. Both parents attended UT. Grew up in VA, so going to a game a year was extremely special. Went to C-N for college but have raised my kids to be Vols. Still come once a year for a game and bring the family.

Born in 1990, went to my first game in early 2000s with my family and then began a yearly tradition of just Dad and I going once a year to a home game together. I remember listening to ‘98 National title game on the radio, there will never be another John Ward! My dad actually recorded all 4 quarters on cassette that we found over Christmas. Needless to say, we listened to the whole game again. It was magic!

Originally from the mid-west, I was “ adopted” into the Volunteer family shortly after marrying my East Tennessee wife in 1984. My first Neyland game was 1985 ( I believe); a blowout of Vandy. It was a cold and wet night game. I’m thinking at the time the field was turf. I was struck by the vivid colors (orange and green) and scale of an SEC football game. HOOKED!

Sugar Bowl vs Virginia is the first game I remember.

When I started watching Tennessee had all time winning records against every SEC opponent except Alabama.

Been a fan long enough to know we can do better.

I was born on Thanksgiving day 1972. Attended my first game at Neyland on October 13, 1973 VS Georgia Tech in my momma’s arms. Both my mother and I were victims of a good beer soaking during a big play, and she angrily marched our entire unit back to the car and off campus. She has not set foot in Neyland since. But I remain a fan of the Vols and beer to this day.

VN Store

Back