How do we fire our scheduler?

This could get real interesting. I am watching how this plays out. Say Ohio state, LSU, and Clemson ask win out and win their conference championship games... there are three of the four playoff teams... then it gets interesting...

What about a one loss Oregon team that only lost their first game of the season on a last second play (if they win the Pac-10)?

What about an undefeated Baylor team if they win out from the Big-12?

What happens if UGA beats LSU in a close SEC championship game? Do those two 1-loss teams make it? Does LSU get penalized for making the championship game by having BAMA jump them?

This could get quite interesting, but I believe BAMA needs some other teams to lose in order to make it.

go Auburn!

Reactions: CampBlount
I want Oklahoma's head on a plate. If CJP cant bring me the head then it should be his head on my plate. Be am man and play the teams so hard that they have to carry them out on stretchers.

Why are we playing Oklahoma next year? Why are we scheduling Oregon and Ohio State but dumping North Carolina?

Honestly!!! Alabama plays Duke and we play Oklahoma. It should be swapped.

We should play other struggling programs like us such as Nebraska, UCLA, Miami, Duke, Virginia Tech again, etc. I am tired of seeing us play teams that are going to drill us. Let Alabama, LSU, and Georgia schedule them.
Go big or go home.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the O.P. hasn't responded once to our posts to his click bait.

I doubt that the QB position at OU is in peril next year. Their backup was a 5* recruit and overall #1 QB in the 2019 signing class.

Meanwhile, our QB situation......

They were able to bring in top QBs already proven through transfers maybe thy do it again but starting a 5 star that is his 1st time leading a D1 team is not as much of a guarantee and this game is early. I look forward to the game.
Our QB situation is not great but we do have 3 QB’s that have played SEC ball some good some not so good games but CJP will Have an option if things go south can bring in a Hopefully hot hand. Most coaches don’t have that.
it’s not ideal but it’s an option.

Prior to 2019, Tennessee had won 33 consecutive regular season games against unranked non-conference teams. Since the win against Cal in 2006, Tennessee has lost 6 consecutive regular season games against ranked non-conference teams.

Reactions: I40flyer
Incorrect, trust me you get a kid from say Texas and tell him we are playing Oklahoma your hated rival your senior year that's a big sell. Or you're gonna play in your hometown your junior year big selling point. Watching games on TV is not the same.. you have a kid from California whose family has come to every game. They might not be able to make trips to the east coast as easily. Letting them know they will be playing games all over. Getting to travel and see other places is a big deal.

Winning and losing is up to the coaches and trust me no decent coach in the SEC is marking a game a year or two down the road against anyone up as a loss whether they should or not it is not in a coach's mentality to think his team won't be better next year.

Kids like winning programs. If we get back to being Tennessee, we'll sign top 10 (even top 5) classes simply because really good kids want to play in the SEC and win games. I don't think many kids from California picked us back in the day because we were going to play 1 game in LA in his career here. It's because we were competing for championships and getting kids to the league.

Prior to 2019, Tennessee had won 33 consecutive regular season games against unranked non-conference teams. Since the win against Cal in 2006, Tennessee has lost 6 consecutive regular season games against ranked non-conference teams.

IF your point is that we haven't been great during most of that stretch of time, who can disagree. When we get back to where we want to be, we'll win our share of games against our ranked non-conference opponents -- like we used to. In my mind, it doesn't mean you stop playing them.

Okay, OP, do this:

Go to the AP poll, the current one.

Look at Bama (#4). Look at Georgia (#5).

Now look at Baylor (#12).

Look back at Bama and Georgia (#4 and #5).

Look back at Baylor (#12).

Look up at two one-loss teams who play tough games without shrinking from them.

Now look back at the undefeated team that shies away from challenges, whose OOC slate this year consists of SFA, UTSA, and Rice. I mean, I don't even know who some of those acronym teams are.

We're Tennessee. We're not back yet, we're not thumping our chests, but we're still Tennessee. And one day we're gonna be back in a place where we can win 10, 11, maybe even 12 games in a regular season.

When that time comes, let's be respected for standing toe to toe with anybody, and not taking the easy road.

The folks who shy away from a game with Oklahoma, they're often the same ones asking to do away with the Third Saturday in October. They want 12 Vandy games (or even easier, if they can manage it).

That's not us. We're Tennessee.

Go Vols!

Actually, we play Alabama on the 4th Saturday in October in 2020. Maybe that will help us break our 13 game losing streak to them. We have no business playing the Sooners in Norman next year. Yes, an upset is always possible but it’s not likely. Fulmer said this is a 5 year rebuild with Pruitt, and we’re playing an away game against a team that’s been in the championship playoffs how many times? We play in the best conference in P5 football. We have a shot at going 5-3 in the SEC this year. Our goal next year is to exceed that, but to do so means having to beat one of the big 3 on our annual schedule. That will be a tall enough order if a still young and only slightly deeper team gets hammered in game 2.

I wish Tennessee could buy their way out of the Oklahoma game and play someone like ETSU,Chattanooga or Eastern Kentucky.

I really hope you meant to put that post in blue font, because if you didn't, it says a lot about you: Did you really like picking on the 3rd graders when you were in 8th grade?

Reactions: OrangeShades
I am glad we are playing the wagon wreckers. I can't stand OU and never could ! I think it's great to play 1 seriously solid out of conference program every year, it's good for the strength of schedule and good for recruiting, not to mention great road trips for us fans. I have the upmost respect for programs that aren't scared to play anybody at anytime.

That is a big “IF”. As much as I would pull for new teams to get in the playoffs, if Alabama’s only loss is by 5 points to LSU then they should get in.

No.

Name one quality win on Bama’s schedule. A 6-3 Texas A&M is it.

Bama didn’t have a single snap in the second half of LSU game where they had a chance to take the lead. The last minute TD was more LSU breakdown than Bama beating them.

Moreover, Bama at #5 is comical. The committee wants them in. Bama wins out and LSU beats GA, which is very likely, and Bama is now first in.

Ridiculous.

You got a love all these people saying you got to be the man, you got a pay the best. Just watch they’ll be the first one out there next year burning their mattresses.

Reactions: pimo1

VN Store

Back