How do we fire our scheduler?

Why are we playing Oklahoma next year? Why are we scheduling Oregon and Ohio State but dumping North Carolina?

Honestly!!! Alabama plays Duke and we play Oklahoma. It should be swapped.

We should play other struggling programs like us such as Nebraska, UCLA, Miami, Duke, Virginia Tech again, etc. I am tired of seeing us play teams that are going to drill us. Let Alabama, LSU, and Georgia schedule them.
I wish Tennessee could buy their way out of the Oklahoma game and play someone like ETSU,Chattanooga or Eastern Kentucky.

Why are we playing Oklahoma next year? Why are we scheduling Oregon and Ohio State but dumping North Carolina?

We should play other struggling programs like us such as Nebraska, UCLA, Miami, Duke, Virginia Tech again, etc. I am tired of seeing us play teams that are going to drill us. Let Alabama, LSU, and Georgia schedule them.
Nebraska is home and home in 2026/2027 according to fbschedules.com

They must have read your post and rushed to start scheduling these teams!

Okay, OP, do this:

Go to the AP poll, the current one.

Look at Bama (#4). Look at Georgia (#5).

Now look at Baylor (#12).

Look back at Bama and Georgia (#4 and #5).

Look back at Baylor (#12).

Look up at two one-loss teams who play tough games without shrinking from them.

Now look back at the undefeated team that shies away from challenges, whose OOC slate this year consists of SFA, UTSA, and Rice. I mean, I don't even know who some of those acronym teams are.

We're Tennessee. We're not back yet, we're not thumping our chests, but we're still Tennessee. And one day we're gonna be back in a place where we can win 10, 11, maybe even 12 games in a regular season.

When that time comes, let's be respected for standing toe to toe with anybody, and not taking the easy road.

The folks who shy away from a game with Oklahoma, they're often the same ones asking to do away with the Third Saturday in October. They want 12 Vandy games (or even easier, if they can manage it).

That's not us. We're Tennessee.

Go Vols!

Okay, OP, do this:

Go to the AP poll, the current one.

Look at Bama (#4). Look at Georgia (#5).

Now look at Baylor (#12).

Look back at Bama and Georgia (#4 and #5).

Look back at Baylor (#12).

Look up at two one-loss teams who play tough games without shrinking from them.

Now look back at the undefeated team that shies away from challenges.

We're Tennessee. We're not back yet, we're not thumping our chests, but we're still Tennessee. And one day we're gonna be back in a place where we can win 10, 11, maybe even 12 games in a regular season.

When that time comes, let's be respected for standing toe to toe with anybody, and not taking the easy road.

The folks who shy away from a game with Oklahoma, they're often the same ones asking to do away with the Third Saturday in October. They want 12 Vandy games (or even easier, if they can manage it).

That's not us. We're Tennessee.

Go Vols!
I would rather have Tennessee go 10-2 in 2020 not playing Oklahoma than go 9-3 playing Oklahoma

They're good but not Alabama. Pretty sure Kansas State took care of them. We don't even know who their QB will be since Hurts will be leaving.
Spencer Rattler...if he doesn’t get kicked off the team.

Do CJP and CPF colloborate on future schedules and does anybody know who is in charge of making future schedules?

Thanks for any information.

I get it, brother, I really do. But I am hoping that's yesterday's thinking. Who's to say we won't be the ones drilling Oklahoma and Ohio State?

Do CJP and CPF colloborate on future schedules and does anybody know who is in charge of making future schedules?

Thanks for any information.
These get scheduled in talks between AD’s with major input from the HC’s.

Reactions: sport3500
I used to disagree with this but now I agree. There is zero benefit to scheduling tough OOC competition. Ohio State was the number one team in the playoff rankings coming into this week while having played Noone to this point. We have Georgia and Bama on our schedule, no need to make it more difficult.
UT played more ranked teams than Clemson this year..

Maybe we will all get to a point where we aren't afraid to play anyone.

And using the schedule that Alabama plays isn't a great argument. Because they played such a weak conference, it's hurting them now. If LSU had lost, they probably would have still been in playoff contention. Alabama losing and not beating anyone significant so far means they are probably out.

To the victor go the spoils.

Some of the Bama schedule stuff has been overblown.

The only difference between their schedule and LSU’s is that LSU played Florida and Alabama played Tennessee.

Kudos to LSU for playing Texas, but there are not a whole lot of people lining up to play Bama in the non conference for the same reason people in this thread are crying about playing Oklahoma

I hope we're recruiting players that want to play teams like Oklahoma, Oregon, FL, GA, AL, etc.....isn't that why you come to TN? To represent the PWR T and whoop the top dogs Tail?

Reactions: sport3500
Incorrect, trust me you get a kid from say Texas and tell him we are playing Oklahoma your hated rival your senior year that's a big sell. Or you're gonna play in your hometown your junior year big selling point. Watching games on TV is not the same.. you have a kid from California whose family has come to every game. They might not be able to make trips to the east coast as easily. Letting them know they will be playing games all over. Getting to travel and see other places is a big deal.

Winning and losing is up to the coaches and trust me no decent coach in the SEC is marking a game a year or two down the road against anyone up as a loss whether they should or not it is not in a coach's mentality to think his team won't be better next year.
Everything you say is correct; however, if you (or your son) is being recruited (and this includes a top players HS Coach), decision makers are watching those games. Let's face it, if you had a top 4-5 star player as your son, and he was being recruited by (everyone) SEC scouts, you'd be a poor parent if you weren't watching the games....just saying.

Some of the Bama schedule stuff has been overblown.

The only difference between their schedule and LSU’s is that LSU played Florida and Alabama played Tennessee.

Kudos to LSU for playing Texas, but there are not a whole lot of people lining up to play Bama in the non conference for the same reason people in this thread are crying about playing Oklahoma

I think both LSU and Alabama have great teams this year. Maybe Alabama still gets in. If it comes down to choosing between a one loss Alabama vs a one loss Big 10/PAC 12 team....who knows, they may get the nod.

My point is that when is football, or any sport for that matter, about shying away from a tougher opponent? That's why you play, that's how upsets happen.

I think both LSU and Alabama have great teams this year. Maybe Alabama still gets in. If it comes down to choosing between a one loss Alabama vs a one loss Big 10/PAC 12 team....who knows, they may get the nod.

My point is that when is football, or any sport for that matter, about shying away from a tougher opponent? That's why you play, that's how upsets happen.
When is football about shying away from tougher opponents? ANSWER: EVERY SATURDAY, this is why we have the SunBelt Conference, the WAC, etc.

We play enough top 25 teams every year. We should be scheduling similar to our ability to build up.

Just like starting a fire. Start small. Build up. It’ll get where you want it soon enough.

One must never forget, these schedules are often set as much as 12 years out! ESPN had a good story about this very thing Joe Alleva (LSU AD) stated, "I'll be long retired by then", when discussing the 12 year lag.

These games are scheduled way in advance. Some are 7 and 10 years out. You never know where they will be in 5 years.
It's like us usually, we get a west team when they are at their best (see Ole Miss/Freeze) but we do get Arkansas next year and Oklahoma will be breaking in a new QB,they are about due to miss on QB. They have hit lottery last 3 years in a row. We are trending up. We lose 6 big contributing Seniors. Juan & Calloway will be hard to replace but Palmer & Brandon Johnson, Gibbs and Keyton Tillman are back. Bituli will be missed big time but if we could somehow win this game on the road it would catapult the rebuild, if we lose it's just a step in 3rd year of 5 year rebuild.

I doubt that the QB position at OU is in peril next year. Their backup was a 5* recruit and overall #1 QB in the 2019 signing class.

Meanwhile, our QB situation......

Reactions: I40flyer
We play enough top 25 teams every year. We should be scheduling similar to our ability to build up.

Just like starting a fire. Start small. Build up. It’ll get where you want it soon enough.
You are correct-as long as we stay in the SEC, all our efforts should be on winning the SEC Championship, far too many have forgotten this little fact. We have far too many fans that say stuff like, "I don't care if we win SEC games or not, just as long as we can go to some kind of bowl game....". It is really sad!! Why would you want to be in a conference that you don't think you'll ever play for the championship, or even care, just as long as you can go the Cheeze-it bowl? If we concentrate on winning in the SEC-everything else will take care of itself!!!

Reactions: Elhanan

VN Store

Back