How do we fire our scheduler?

volbound1700

Why are we playing Oklahoma next year? Why are we scheduling Oregon and Ohio State but dumping North Carolina?

Honestly!!! Alabama plays Duke and we play Oklahoma. It should be swapped.

We should play other struggling programs like us such as Nebraska, UCLA, Miami, Duke, Virginia Tech again, etc. I am tired of seeing us play teams that are going to drill us. Let Alabama, LSU, and Georgia schedule them.

I used to disagree with this but now I agree. There is zero benefit to scheduling tough OOC competition. Ohio State was the number one team in the playoff rankings coming into this week while having played Noone to this point. We have Georgia and Bama on our schedule, no need to make it more difficult.

Maybe we will all get to a point where we aren't afraid to play anyone.

And using the schedule that Alabama plays isn't a great argument. Because they played such a weak conference, it's hurting them now. If LSU had lost, they probably would have still been in playoff contention. Alabama losing and not beating anyone significant so far means they are probably out.

To the victor go the spoils.

And using the schedule that Alabama plays isn't a great argument. Because they played such a weak conference, it's hurting them now. If LSU had lost, they probably would have still been in playoff contention. Alabama losing and not beating anyone significant so far means they are probably out.

Agree. We should play anyone regardless. Historically this has been the norm.

Why are we playing Oklahoma next year? Why are we scheduling Oregon and Ohio State but dumping North Carolina?

We should play other struggling programs like us such as Nebraska, UCLA, Miami, Duke, Virginia Tech again, etc. I am tired of seeing us play teams that are going to drill us. Let Alabama, LSU, and Georgia schedule them.
I understand your point and get angry about scheduling sometimes. However, if Tennessee is truly improving (and I think we are), playing well against a solid non-conference opponent helps a young team regardless of loss. Getting destroyed by Oklahoma is a risk because it could have an opposite effect. With good coaching, the "opposite effect" should not happen. Perhaps this is another way to judge if Pruitt can do the job. I hope Pruitt is up to it because I'm tired of new coaches. GO VOLS

I used to disagree with this but now I agree. There is zero benefit to scheduling tough OOC competition. Ohio State was the number one team in the playoff rankings coming into this week while having played Noone to this point. We have Georgia and Bama on our schedule, no need to make it more difficult.

Sounds like when Vandy cancelled its scheduled, contracted games with Ohio State and Northwestern. NORTHWESTERN!

The Tennessee Volunteers have a long history of scheduling great intersectional games with national powers. True competitors like that.

Bama is going to playoffs most likely if they win out.

The best way to turn things around in recruiting is to upset someone on the national stage. That is the quikest way to rise back to the top in recruiting every year like we used to be.

What if we win?

Sounds like when Vandy cancelled its scheduled, contracted games with Ohio State and Northwestern. NORTHWESTERN!

The Tennessee Volunteers have a long history of scheduling great intersectional games with national powers. True competitors like that.

And that's all fine and dandy and sounds great on a message board, but the truth is Clemson is going to strut straight into the playoffs w/o playing anybody.

you can thank Dave Hart. He inked this ish right before he ‘retired’. I don’t mind playing tough OCC games but we’ve already done the OU home and home. He couldn’t find anyone else? Texas, Utah, Washington, Washington St, Wisconsin, Michigan, Penn St, Virginia, on and on

You may want to have your T level checked.

And that's all fine and dandy and sounds great on a message board, but the truth is Clemson is going to strut straight into the playoffs w/o playing anybody.

I don't give a damn about Clempson except cheering for them to beat bammer. We're talking about the Tennessee Volunteers and our long, proud storied history of playing good intersectional games.

Reactions: BanditVol

VN Store

Back