Hottest / Coldest Football Game You've Attended

y'all don't know what hot is if you didn't attend a game in Gainesville when Florida had AstroTurf

True, but there was no north end zone upper deck back then, so every once and a while you got a decent breeze coming through the stadium.

Now it's a sweat bowl.

Vandy 2013. Was 40 degrees and dropping at kickoff. Got a lot colder when they scored to take the lead with less than a minute to go.

I don't remember the exact temperature, but the game in South Bend in 1991 was pretty cold.

Was at that one too. Was cold ..Best father son weekend we ever had. Hottest for me was same year 91 UCLA people took turns under Stadium to stand in front of open ice storage chest and Smokey went on Injury list with heat exhaustion . Coldest temp for me was the SEC Championship Miss State game in 98. Thankful it was inside

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
1990 Mississippi State game in Starkville. Heat Index around 120. They gave away Gatorade as I recall. Game against UCLA about the same time period was hot Tommy Maddux was their qb and we had Kelly and Pickens. Someone in our section passed out.

I can't recall a really cold and miserable game. Maybe Memphis State homecoming while I was in school. Mostly a cold November rain the whole time, but not miserable cold.

1990 Mississippi State game in Starkville. Heat Index around 120. They gave away Gatorade as I recall. Game against UCLA about the same time period was hot Tommy Maddux was their qb and we had Kelly and Pickens. Someone in our section passed out.

I can't recall a really cold and miserable game. Maybe Memphis State homecoming while I was in school. Mostly a cold November rain the whole time, but not miserable cold.

1990 at Starkville got the nod from me for hottest. I mean down right dangerously hot/humid.

I got a chance to spend a week in Phoenix on a sales trip. I made it a point to get over to the Tempe area to see the campus and stadium. Very cool place. It was in November and a week before the rivalry game against U of AZ. Wildcat fans had painted the sign on the butte with their colors. I would love to see a game there. Maybe a home and home in the future??? I would be there for sure.

Yeah, the rivalry with UofA is for real...the Territorial Cup. Had beer bottles, chairs, flags, hot coals from a grill, etc. thrown at us in Tucson over the years.

I love that area out there. I stayed for a few years after I graduated, but moved back to the South in 2003. My wife and I went back 2 years ago...place looks totally different. It has grown so much. Had a great time in college out there...but nothing beats SEC football.

The hottest game for me is a tie between 14 and 16 Florida, but I was battling a hangover for both.

The coldest game I can remember was a night game in Neyland against South Carolina in the early 2000s. I think the final score was 20-13 for the good guys. The wind was intense in the upper deck.

The craziest weather game I've been to was a home game against Florida. Rex Grossman was the QB I think, and it seemed like we fumbled the ball 4000 times and kicked like 5 field goals. It was raining so hard water was gushing down the stairs onto the field. Ruined a pair of shoes for that game. Maybe 2006?

The hottest game for me is a tie between 14 and 16 Florida, but I was battling a hangover for both.

The coldest game I can remember was a night game in Neyland against South Carolina in the early 2000s. I think the final score was 20-13 for the good guys. The wind was intense in the upper deck.

The craziest weather game I've been to was a home game against Florida. Rex Grossman was the QB I think, and it seemed like we fumbled the ball 4000 times and kicked like 5 field goals. It was raining so hard water was gushing down the stairs onto the field. Ruined a pair of shoes for that game. Maybe 2006?

You're wrong about 14 Florida. That game was so cold I had to buy a Columbia fleece. It was checkered Neyland and we lost 10-9.

Coldest - Vandy game in the Titans's stadium (then called Adelphia) in early 2000s, or maybe '99. Not sure. I dont know how cold it was but I was on the next to top row. Early in the 1st qtr Tennessee scored on a big play. The guy behind me got excited and spilled his beer down the back of my shirt.

We left at half-time.

You're wrong about 14 Florida. That game was so cold I had to buy a Columbia fleece. It was checkered Neyland and we lost 10-9.

I mentioned I had a hangover, made a difference for me. Lol I was also in the lower bowl in the sun, section X.

I mentioned I had a hangover, made a difference for me. Lol I was also in the lower bowl in the sun, section X.

Yea here's a picture from that day. We were in AA, row 4 and freezing. Notice everyone is wearing jackets

Attachments

• IMG_0263.jpg
    IMG_0263.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 3
UCLA. That killed Smokey and nearly everyone who stayed all game. Stadium ran out of ice and water. Room temp cokes, yummy

Last years Florida game was H-O-T! Totally brutal and we were in the shade. I'm looking forward to the Big Game Nov 18 against LSU! With all the Storm of Orange and the towels swirling it should make for a cooler atmosphere. The image of the RALLY TOWELS should be posted this week.

Ole Region 5A days. Who did ya'll lose to that year? Had to have been a region game. Was the DRVC around then?

Chapel Hill, we had a slow start and bad night, 1981 Halloween. 20-8 I think. They had a really big RB and we weren't tackling well. We were definitely good enough to beat them though.

Last years Florida game was H-O-T! Totally brutal and we were in the shade. I'm looking forward to the Big Game Nov 18 against LSU! With all the Storm of Orange and the towels swirling it should make for a cooler atmosphere. The image of the RALLY TOWELS should be posted this week.

My buddy was with a Florida fan and said he almost passed out before halftime. That was the hottest game I've ever been to. I have before and after pictures and I literally look thinner after the game lmao.

Mine isn't entirely fair since I went to Arizona State for undergrad. We played Washington at home in late August/early September 1996. It was 102 degrees at kickoff at 7 PM.

Can't think of a really cold one.

We lived in PHX for a number of years. Went to a lot of ASU and Cardinal games at Sun Devil Stadium where kick off temps were well over 100 and not a cloud to be seen. Different feel than in Knoxville, but it was hot.

Wettest game, tie between GT & Oregon State

Not even close to an Auburn game in the mid 70's when it rained so hard that you couldn't see the field and they kept playing. Watched the wall of water come from the west as I sat in the upper deck of the student section. I remember we punted on first down a few times because we had a big lead.

2003 Florida was the hottest by far. That stadium was a freaking pressure cooker. I don't know how the players made it through.
2003 CanTurkey game was the coldest for me. Lexington was a damn ice box.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back