Hottest / Coldest Football Game You've Attended

The first game of the year is always about the hottest I get that whole year. Especially in my crappy, bought-right-before-kickoff seats.

Was at a Panthers night game in Charlotte in January several years ago and it was mid 20s.

By far the hottest UT game I ever attended was Auburn 1987. It was sunny and in the mid 80s with a nice breeze ... and I had my short shorts wearing girlfriend (now wife) with me. I was in full meltdown for hours.

I was at that game!! In the student section staring at the sun all game. My face and arms were burnt to a cracklin'

UCLA. That killed Smokey and nearly everyone who stayed all game. Stadium ran out of ice and water. Room temp cokes, yummy

Two primary memories from that game were the sweet coed from Brentwood and the older folks around us saying we couldn't last the game if we kept drinking whiskey. We lasted, they didn't and then we had a big night.

Reactions: 1 person
Chapel Hill, we had a slow start and bad night, 1981 Halloween. 20-8 I think. They had a really big RB and we weren't tackling well. We were definitely good enough to beat them though.

Trying to see who made the playoffs that year but prepdatabase is down. We made it to a bowl that year and got hammered but won a bowl the next year in dramatic fashion.

Ya'll had some good backs over the years. Of course Majors is one. Two stand out in modern play. That Carr kid was good and a few years later there was a Reed (spelling) kid. Thought both should have played college ball.

True, but there was no north end zone upper deck back then, so every once and a while you got a decent breeze coming through the stadium.

Now it's a sweat bowl.

Yep, no upper deck then, we were in that end zone 3 rows from the field...1985 was one hot game...:hi:

The hottest one for us was the Western Kentucky game in 13 which was our first I think it was like 94 and we sat in the sun up in section OO and the coldest was the N. Texas it was 39 at kickoff with the winschill around 20 something. We never got any sun on our side. I froze my jewels off that day

1I82t25w.jpeg

Reactions: esarmstrong
Fla last year in Knoxville was the hottest..my seats are in ZZ14....sun sun sun.

Miracle in South Bend in 1991 was by far the coldest....eventually warmed up to a balmy 9 degrees during game..field was harder than concrete when we stormed it after the game.

side note.....both games WERE worth it!!!! so so worth it!

I've not been to any extreme cold or hot, but vs UK in Neyland in 2014 was in the 20's IIRC. Felt pretty darn cold that night.

Been to hot and cold games (mostly hot). One that stands out is November 18, 2000 - Kentucky at Tennessee. Vols won 59-20. It says the high for that day was 34 - overcast - with a wind chill in the 20s. It felt much colder sitting 5 rows below the jumbo tron for 4 hours.

I don't know about the hottest because I've been to so many to keep track, but I haven't been to many cold games. We played Miss State in 2003 and I remember it flurrying a little bit during the game, it was pretty cold that day. The wettest game by far for me was the 2002 debacle versus the Gators. What a horrible, horrible afternoon.

Trying to see who made the playoffs that year but prepdatabase is down. We made it to a bowl that year and got hammered but won a bowl the next year in dramatic fashion.

Ya'll had some good backs over the years. Of course Majors is one. Two stand out in modern play. That Carr kid was good and a few years later there was a Reed (spelling) kid. Thought both should have played college ball.

Yeah back then Spring Hill didn't have Saturn and they were 5A too. We beat them in a tough, tough road game.

Our Center got knocked out of the game twice with a concussion. That sure as heck wouldn't happen today.

I don't remember which end zone I was in but he first year we lost to Vanderbilt in forever. It was snowing and my first UT game as a teen/adult. Rough start.

To make it worse we came home to my dog having puppies outside, we were unaware of her being pregnant. The sad news was she had the puppies outside and they had all frozen to death. They were solid as a rock..... legit terrible day.

Yeah back then Spring Hill didn't have Saturn and they were 5A too. We beat them in a tough, tough road game.

Our Center got knocked out of the game twice with a concussion. That sure as heck wouldn't happen today.

Mt Pleasant was good back then and Lewis County was in single A as well. Boy, it's all different now! Seemed like Lake Co from the West ruled the state in those days.

With the temperature exceeding 93 degress in Orlando today, heat index of 110 degrees with 100% humidity thrown in for good measure, a co-worker who's a UT alum and I were comparing notes on the hottest (and coldest) CFB game we've attended.

We both said, without question, hottest game was the 2003 UF-UT game in Gainesville. Noon kickoff, not a cloud in the sky, no breeze, easily 97 degrees in the shade.

He said your Cotton Bowl game against K-State(?) was the coldest he'd experienced.

You probably nailed it for me. I was at both of those games. I easily know the coldest was the k-state game at the cotton bowl. It snowed the day before the game. Me and my father snuck out on the field the day before the game. Will never forgot throwing football on the cotton bowl field in the snow. We got kicked out, but it was an amazing experience. The day of the game there was ice in the seats and on the ground. I remember my feet on the ice. It was brutal. I have been to a lot of hot games. The worst I can remember are 03 Fl and 09 Ucla at home. Also, 91 Ucla was really hot as well. I remember as a young kid a guy getting carried out of the stands after passing out.

Hottest--- last year vs. Florida. Just brutal. Camped out in a concourse tunnel at the half. The cool concrete was a relief to sit on if you can believe that.

2013 in the Swamp wasn't far off. Hot!

Coldest-- 1981 Liberty Bowl in Memphis. Ohio St. vs Navy. 1st game ever to attend. My uncle took me. Good thing I was a kid at his first game.

What I've learned from this thread:

Skip Lexington. It's apparently Artic up there.

Hottest--- last year vs. Florida. Just brutal. Camped out in a concourse tunnel at the half. The cool concrete was a relief to sit on if you can believe that.

2013 in the Swamp wasn't far off. Hot!

Coldest-- 1981 Liberty Bowl in Memphis. Ohio St. vs Navy. 1st game ever to attend. My uncle took me. Good thing I was a kid at his first game.

What I've learned from this thread:

Skip Lexington. It's apparently Artic up there.

Nah. Go at least once.

VN Store

Back