Hooray!! Clay Travis is GONE....

He might land there eventually, but I have a feeling he views himself as much more of a "national" property.

Which I find funny.

I was thinking the same thing. Now that he has been on the Fox Sports 1 stuff and doing his own radio show at times, I think he wants to go "big". He was funny at times, but was mostly antagonistic just for the sake of being a d-bag

I'm wondering how many of the people who complain about Clay Travis are the same ones who constantly state "your an idiot," in all sincerity, on his Twitter.

I'm guessing the odds are pretty high.

Reactions: 2 people
what if Clay goes to 102.5 ... I know that's highly unlikely but would be awesome...

Plaster would never allow it. He HAS to be the big dog where ever he works. Remember the Blake Fulton/Joe Biddle fiasco? He thought they were getting too popular so he blew that show up.

Last edited:
I'm willing to go out on a limb that he will be replaced by someone who gets this board just as angry.

Plaster would never allow it. He HAS to be the big dog where ever he works. Remember the Blake Fulton/Joe Biddle fiasco? He thought they were getting too popular so he blew that show up.

I thought that was more Blake Fulton than Biddle. Fulton always seemed like a snake and I was kind of glad he bombed after he took over for Plaster.

As for Plaster, I don't think he has that kind of pull anymore. His return didn't equal big ratings and they get destroyed by 3HL.

I'm willing to go out on a limb that he will be replaced by someone who gets this board just as angry.

Any honest sports personality that isn't a complete Tennessee homer or that talks good about another SEC team will almost always enrage this fanbase.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Maybe they'll actually start discussing sports for more than 30 minutes of a 3 hour "sports talk" show.

Maybe they'll actually start discussing sports for more than 30 minutes of a 3 hour "sports talk" show.

What, you didn't enjoy Travis' brilliant discussions about films? Like when he declared "Bring It On" is one the top 5 comedies ever?

I don't get all the hate for the guy. He said from the beginning that Dooley was a loser, and I think a lot of us wore the Orange Glasses and took that as an insult to the Vols, when in fact he was making a very honest assessment. He's written some great columns.

Reactions: 3 people
This is a sad day for Middle Tennessee. Clay Travis is an exceptionally bright, entertaining conversationalist. I know he will move on to greater heights, but television will most likely neuter him for the sake of political corectness.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I'm sad to see Clay go. I've been following his writing since way back before he came to 104.5/3HL. I've always thought he was completely reasonable when discussing Tennessee athletics. He spoke objectively and rationally, instead of just pumping orange sunshine. He's written some hilarious columns, beginning way back before Outkick The Coverage, and his books on SEC football are great reads. I've never understood why the VolNation loves to hate him so much. I guess I should, though, because anytime someone here predicts anything other than a 12-0 season, everyone starts with the "you're not a VFL" nonsense.
Good luck to Clay with his future endeavors. He's gonna be just fine.

Very professional to reveal the contract offer and it's hilarious how they spin the numbers so that he's the most popular sports talk show in America.

Midday 180 was better anyway. Now if we can get rid of Kuharsky...

Agree. I like the 3HL a lot, even with Clay Travis. Plaster is extremely dated and boring. Unless you want to talk about the Atlanta Braves or Vanderbilt, Plaster is terrible.

Reactions: 4 people
Midday 180 was better anyway. Now if we can get rid of Kuharsky...

So not a fan of Travis or Kuharsky? They made/make their respective shows interesting. If you want a glimpse of what talk radio sounds like when everyone agrees with each other, just listen to some TSR podcasts.

Clay Travis is gone?

ha-dance.gif

It's not the "objectivity" or the "rationality" that got under the skin. It was the "shock jock" mentality of his shtick. He purposefully tried to be acerbic to drive numbers. While he claimed it worked, most of the time I turned it off when he went on one of those tirades. He has no humility whatsoever; he's never wrong (ask him); and he argues with strawmen constantly. Too much pop culture; not enough sports.

When he offered opinion on law, he was decent.

VN Store

Back