Hooray!! Clay Travis is GONE....

All you have to say is "We held negotiations, and we couldn't reach an agreement." No further detail needed, and everyone who would want an explanaition would understand.

But that's just my 2 cents. Travis is a grown man and can do whatever he wants. I simply don't care for the way he handled it.

He broke the cardinal rule of never burning your bridges. He peed all over himself and soiled his skivvies in front of the world in the process.

Reactions: 3 people
He's undoubtedly worth more than a $5k raise to Cumulus. That's a certainty.

But yes, I have no idea if he's worth what he was actually asking for.

I didn't see any context for 5k. Per year, show etc nor do I know when he last got a raise, how much he already gets or if his show was ultimately profitable. He certainly seems like he's a legend in his own mind
. I'm sure he can be followed elsewhere.

They both didn't want each other. Clay did not want to be back ( especially with his job at fox sports) and cumulus did not want him back. Neither of them wanted each other back and no one was going to come out and say it. It was arranged. Trust me.

All you have to say is "We held negotiations, and we couldn't reach an agreement." No further detail needed, and everyone who would want an explanaition would understand.

But that's just my 2 cents. Travis is a grown man and can do whatever he wants. I simply don't care for the way he handled it.

Agree. More Clay Travis self glorification. He is worth the money to cumulus. Just not worth the headache as them not renewing his contract showed.

Eh, I stopped listening pretty quickly once I realized his I'm just here to get under your skin shtick. The majority of listeners were either being trolled or enjoyed hearing Clay goad the gullible.

Will I go back and listen now? Probably not. Being a Preds STH doesn't help either as local radio (both FM stations) does a piss poor job in that area anyway.

He broke the cardinal rule of never burning your bridges. He peed all over himself and soiled his skivvies in front of the world in the process.

By explaining the details on why his contract wasn't renewed? It's not even like the article was laced with maliciousness or bitterness.

You people's hatred of the man is just saddening.

Reactions: 1 person
Well maybe we can avoid having trailer park frenzies every time Clay does his job on the radio?

By explaining the details on why his contract wasn't renewed? It's not even like the article was laced with maliciousness or bitterness.

You people's hatred of the man is just saddening.

Actually, the piece was quite bitter. Calling out the corporate heads isn't exactly a "no hard feelings" way to go out.

Reactions: 2 people
It's not the "objectivity" or the "rationality" that got under the skin. It was the "shock jock" mentality of his shtick. He purposefully tried to be acerbic to drive numbers. While he claimed it worked, most of the time I turned it off when he went on one of those tirades. He has no humility whatsoever; he's never wrong (ask him); and he argues with strawmen constantly. Too much pop culture; not enough sports.

When he offered opinion on law, he was decent.

Basically my feelings exactly. I couldn't give a crap about his views on UT. It's just his overall concerted effort to stir the pot. Some are good at it, but his was so obvious that it was over the top annoying. He was good and I enjoyed his stuff way back when he wrote for cbssports. I think when he asked his famous question to Tebow, some kind of switch flipped and he completely went to the shock jock side of things.

Actually, the piece was quite bitter. Calling out the corporate heads isn't exactly a "no hard feelings" way to go out.

You have a rather contorted definition of "bitter," if you believe that's the case. There's not a substantiated reason to even think he's bitter, at that.

You're, apparently, an extremely bitter person -- given the number of posts you've dedicated to disagreeing/explaining/defending yours and others' comments.

You have a rather contorted definition of "bitter," if you believe that's the case. There's not a substantiated reason to even think he's bitter, at that.

You're, apparently, an extremely bitter person -- given the number of posts you've dedicated to disagreeing/explaining/defending yours and others' comments.

Whatever you say, Mrs. Travis.

Alabama fans are always so bitter and commit the "cardinal sin" of burning bridges.

Don't attempt to respond or you'll be displaying your bitterness.

He could have easily just said "We couldn't come to an agreement on a contract renewal and I've decided to continue my career elsewhere". He sounded pretty insulted. And while he very well may have the right to be, I think he would come across better if he had just kept that tidbit to himself.

I could see Withrow if it's one of the two. Hutton seems to drive the ship on The Midday. But chemistry is so important, I almost wonder if they will bring in an unknown.

Chad Withrow is the best they have, IMO.

Why does everyone hate travis? When you understand his humor it's hilarious... and talking about just sports for 3 straight hours would get boring

Why does everyone hate travis? When you understand his humor it's hilarious... and talking about just sports for 3 straight hours would get boring

Clay is fine in small doses.

For me, it's when I listened with any sort of regularity that his act was so transparent and ran incredibly thin.

Give him credit, he's followed the Finebaum plan perfectly, and with arguably less work. Finebaum wrote those "I Hate...." books, and Travis just posted snarky, lazy "Dumbest fanbase" articles.

He just doesn't impress me. He has potential, like someone said, he's good when discussing law and decent when he drops the schtick, but it seems obvious he's decided to stick with the act rather than go with a more natural persona. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't.

VN Store

Back