Hooker injury (edit)

BanditVol

I would assume that's his ankle?

The NFL has rules that coaches must comment on injured players (likely to due gambling, lol). Does the NCAA have similar rules? If so, when is Heupel required to comment?

Edit: I misread a KNS article that briefly mentioned Milton's lower leg injury right after discussing Hooker, and so thought Hooker's injury was being described as a "lower leg injury". I have now corrected that.

Last edited:
Should be ready to go then. I thought the guy just wrenched his upper body in an awkward way.

Coaches don't have to comment.

Really the only reliable thing is who takes the #1 reps this week. If Hooker is taking at least half then he's playing.

Correction, I misread this article from KNS. It was referring to Milton, not Hooker.

Tennessee Vols QB Hendon Hooker injured in Florida game, replaced by Joe Milton

My apologies, that's what I get from skimming

But...this is great news, as it means that Hooker's ability to run likely not impacted, and we are going to need that.

Additionally have seen multiple items implying Hooker will be the guy Saturday, which is also great news.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Wait...I thought Hooker was in concussion protocol...rumored. Mayes had an ankle problem and broken finger with Milton having a leg injury?

With Hooker starting we have a good shot at beating Mizzou. If either of the other QB's start it will be a long day offensively.
It wouldn't be a long day with Milton because he can run. Bailey could probably beat them too.

It literally just comes down to whether or not we make inexcusable mistakes and a litany of penalties.

Mizzou is a pile of garbage on D.

The NFL has rules that coaches must comment on injured players (likley to due gambling, lol). Does the NCAA have similar rules? If so, when is Heupel required to comment?

A few years back the NCAA decided that injury information was a violation of HIPPA. Could have been thought up by coaches not wanting to disclose information but protects that information.

It wouldn't be a long day with Milton because he can run. Bailey could probably beat them too.

It literally just comes down to whether or not we make inexcusable mistakes and a litany of penalties.

Mizzou is a pile of garbage on D.
If it's Milton, I put 8 in the box and make him beat me. I'll take my chances with him under center vs Hooker.

The NFL has rules that coaches must comment on injured players (likley to due gambling, lol). Does the NCAA have similar rules? If so, when is Heupel required to comment?
The NFL is upfront and honest about their fan base gambling on its games. Therefore, they require teams to state injury status.
THE NCAA, however, is not honest about its fan base gambling on its games. Therefore, there is no such requirement in college.

VN Store

Back