Hooker injury (edit)

BanditVol

I would assume that's his ankle?

The NFL has rules that coaches must comment on injured players (likely to due gambling, lol). Does the NCAA have similar rules? If so, when is Heupel required to comment?

Edit: I misread a KNS article that briefly mentioned Milton's lower leg injury right after discussing Hooker, and so thought Hooker's injury was being described as a "lower leg injury". I have now corrected that.

Last edited:

DaddyChad

The NFL has rules that coaches must comment on injured players (likley to due gambling, lol). Does the NCAA have similar rules? If so, when is Heupel required to comment?
I don’t think Heupel is required to comment on his status. I could be wrong.

BanditVol

Correction, I misread this article from KNS. It was referring to Milton, not Hooker.

Tennessee Vols QB Hendon Hooker injured in Florida game, replaced by Joe Milton

My apologies, that's what I get from skimming

But...this is great news, as it means that Hooker's ability to run likely not impacted, and we are going to need that.

Additionally have seen multiple items implying Hooker will be the guy Saturday, which is also great news.

CAVPUT

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Wait...I thought Hooker was in concussion protocol...rumored. Mayes had an ankle problem and broken finger with Milton having a leg injury?

PlanetVolunteer

With Hooker starting we have a good shot at beating Mizzou. If either of the other QB's start it will be a long day offensively.
It wouldn't be a long day with Milton because he can run. Bailey could probably beat them too.

It literally just comes down to whether or not we make inexcusable mistakes and a litany of penalties.

Mizzou is a pile of garbage on D.

VFFL@THE BEACH

The NFL has rules that coaches must comment on injured players (likley to due gambling, lol). Does the NCAA have similar rules? If so, when is Heupel required to comment?
A few years back the NCAA decided that injury information was a violation of HIPPA. Could have been thought up by coaches not wanting to disclose information but protects that information.

CAVPUT

Sic Semper Tyrannis
It wouldn't be a long day with Milton because he can run. Bailey could probably beat them too.

It literally just comes down to whether or not we make inexcusable mistakes and a litany of penalties.

Mizzou is a pile of garbage on D.
If it's Milton, I put 8 in the box and make him beat me. I'll take my chances with him under center vs Hooker.

Vfl2407

The NFL is upfront and honest about their fan base gambling on its games. Therefore, they require teams to state injury status.
THE NCAA, however, is not honest about its fan base gambling on its games. Therefore, there is no such requirement in college.

VN Store