Hooker injury (edit)

Hasn't Milton been listed at the top of the depth chart every week? In spite of the fact that Hooker started the last two games?

Yes, Milton has been listed every week. We won't know for sure until Hooker starts taking snaps in warm ups on Saturday.

BUUUUTTTT....I just heard from a person that has worked in sports media in Ktown for years, that Hooker is pretty much a lock to start. This person has usually been right in the past.

For the record, this person is a pompous horse's arse and I can't stand him, but he does usually have good inside information. :D

Talent. He probably did look at film and believe that there were a few things to clean up and the rest would be a matter of the system.

My take on Milton is that they coach him up and he performs in practice but doesn't have "muscle memory" or whatever you want to call it. It doesn't, or at least hasn't, become second nature to him.

So you end up with a guy who looks great in practice and wins the position which makes you feel like a genius for taking him.... then it doesn't translate to games.

I don't dislike him. We would be crazy to not be excited about the potential he has physically. But the last 4 years should have taught us that some guys simply cannot translate All American practice play to game play. I'm not putting Milton in that box yet... but the warning signs are there.

Well we have all seen this movie before and its called JG so hope Heuple doesn't waste too much time on him. If no ROI this season, cut and run.

Reactions: BanditVol and sjt18
Well we have all seen this movie before and its called JG so hope Heuple doesn't waste too much time on him. If no ROI this season, cut and run.
I don't disagree. I also know that Ainge himself was declared a bust after 2005 then came back and played really well in 2006 and 2007. Sometimes QB's just can't be coached up. But sometimes they can.

I don't disagree. I also know that Ainge himself was declared a bust after 2005 then came back and played really well in 2006 and 2007. Sometimes QB's just can't be coached up. But sometimes they can.
Yeah, he came back and played well, but still struggled in big moments. His 4th qtr against Florida in 2006 was terrible and threw another pick six against LSU in the 2007 SECCG. There were others too, in tight moments. His improvement was maximized due to Cutcliffe returning those 2 seasons

Yeah, he came back and played well, but still struggled in big moments. His 4th qtr against Florida in 2006 was terrible and threw another pick six against LSU in the 2007 SECCG. There were others too, in tight moments. His improvement was maximized due to Cutcliffe returning those 2 seasons

Agree that it was Cut. That was Ainge, he was not afraid to sling it. He gets credit, rightfully so, for throwing a TD into triple coverage against Florida in 2004 that threaded the needle, but if off by even a few inches it was a pick. That is to say, it was kind of lucky. That bird came home to roost a few weeks later against Auburn when he threw four picks.

He did like gambling, and often lost. Having said that, on balance I prefer him to a QB playing scared like JG seemed to do. You miss 100% of the balls you don't swing at.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Agree that it was Cut. That was Ainge, he was not afraid to sling it. He gets credit, rightfully so, for throwing a TD into triple coverage against Florida in 2004 that threaded the needle, but if off by even a few inches it was a pick. That is to say, it was kind of lucky. That bird came home to roost a few weeks later against Auburn when he threw four picks.

He did like gambling, and often lost. Having said that, on balance I prefer him to a QB playing scared like JG seemed to do. You miss 100% of the balls you don't swing at.
The passes I'm speaking of weren't of a gunslinger mentality. Throwing it up for grabs when pressured isn't gunslinger mentality. He was a weak minded, opioid addict

The passes I'm speaking of weren't of a gunslinger mentality. Throwing it up for grabs when pressured isn't gunslinger mentality. He was a weak minded, opioid addict

Ouch! Pretty harsh.

There were plenty of times he did fire the ball into coverage though, and have success. Until he didn't.

My perception of the pick against LSU in 07 at the time, assuming my memory is even correct, is that he did in fact fire it to a WR that appeared to be open but just didn't see the DB. Don't recall there being much pressure. ICBW though.

Reactions: murfvol1
BUUUUTTTT....I just heard from a person that has worked in sports media in Ktown for years, that Hooker is pretty much a lock to start. This person has usually been right in the past.
Was it your father’s, brother’s, nephew’s, cousin’s former roommate?

VN Store

Back