Holly has lost this team

I agree with your point. I think you make a list of the best coaches and go down until you catch one. So, start with Dawn Staley or whoever that #1 target is and make her/him say no. Where they went to college is secondary or tertiary.
1. Gail Goestenkors 2. Melanie Balcomb

Were not a very good team by SEC standards this season, but we can at least play players where they need to play on the court the rest of the season. A rotation of KK and Green at the five seems to be in order both were fairly efficient against Bama 5 of 9 from the field and 7 rebounds. They only played 24 minutes as a duo in the game. We should get 40 out of them in a rotation pattern. I think you'd probably see in a five minute per player rotation a double double out of these two which is what you strive for out of any player that goes 40 minutes and that would certainly be efficiency out of the five position.
Playing Rennia 25 to 28 out of the three position I think would certainly bring better results than her 35 at the four. We should use Collins at the four work her with Burrell. Evina could work with Massengill at the point. Green and Me me the two. I would like to see more in and out rotation like the men's team even if these players are in the ultimate physical condition playing to long a stretch can affect your shooting and defensive play. I would want players to give it all they got as hard as they can go for five minutes and then we could rest them while someone else does the same. Barnes very seldom lets any of his players play a lot of minutes in a row. He keeps players fresh and they know that they are not gonna be out there for 8 to 10 minutes without a break. Holly could learn something from him by following a better rotation pattern. Westbrook 36 minutes, Zaay Green 34 minutes, Burrell 32 minutes result 19 of 55 from the field 34 percent. An effective rotation pattern of 9 players can really help your team be more efficient. We don't have that with the women's team and to many players not playing in a comfortable position for them on the court. We've had Davis at the four, Collins on the perimeter, five guard lineup, a lot of what we've done doesn't make any sense.
A good place to start would be getting into a proper rotation and maybe we could then see more effort on defense and more efficiency and higher field goal percentage on offense. Would not hurt to try it see if performance improved.

Also Barnes always talks to his players about what they did right or wrong when they come to the bench for a rest. I have not seem Holly do this and is something that she should consider because in their next stint on the court she may get better results.

Reactions: Momto2
You definitely don't want your second choice. She may know offense, but the conflict with players on her own team is something you don't need. I know somebody at Vandy during the time she was there. It's not something you want in Knoxville. That is all I will say about that.

Reactions: CPA

No thanks to both. Goestenkors enjoyed tremendous success at Duke but not at Texas, finishing with an overall record of 102-64 (.614) while going 40-42 (.488) in conference play. She resigned after her worst season (2011-12), citing fatigue.

Balcomb had some good teams at Vandy and racked up a 74% winning percentage in her first 7 years, but they struggled over her last 7 seasons with an overall record of 138-88 (.611) and conference record of 54-58 (.482).

Fulmer should call her in and hand her a check (Buyout included) and just say leave the property NOW!

If Holly had any modicum of self-respect and love for the program Pat built, she would resign tomorrow. Continuing to cling to the paycheck will destroy and affection fans have for her as a former player and assistant. She is destroying her reputation along with the program.

Reactions: Advol
If Holly had any modicum of self-respect and love for the program Pat built, she would resign tomorrow. Continuing to cling to the paycheck will destroy and affection fans have for her as a former player and assistant. She is destroying her reputation along with the program.
AMEN AND AMEN

VN Store

Back