Holly has lost this team

It's hard to argue. I've been critical of Holly, but for the most part I think her players have liked her and play hard for her. This is the first time in her tenure I'm wondering if her team has quit on her...

What is going on with them? Is there trouble on the team for them to fall so badly in such a short period of time?

Reactions: Undercovervol
It's hard to argue. I've been critical of Holly, but for the most part I think her players have liked her and play hard for her. This is the first time in her tenure I'm wondering if her team has quit on her...
They did quit, especially Davis and Jackson. However, Jackson quit some time ago. The players are discouragd by the lack of coaching leadership from Holly. They like Holly but she does not know how to coach college women basketball players. Holly will not quit due to the huge salary of the HC position. She should be fired immediately for her sake, the players' sake, the fan's sake and for the sake of the legacy of Pat Summitt.

Holly doesn't even seem to be a positive influence in the community. You never hear of good endeavors and philanthropy efforts. Her subpar coaching has split the fanbase. She disappears quite often when she should be making appearances.

They quit on her because there is no guidance. They are frustrated. Most of these kids come from good high school and club programs and are used to winning. They know that the offense sucks and the coach doesn’t know shyt, but they try to play hard through it anyway. A good offensive and defensive system will have everyone knowing where to be at all times with options for improvisation. Both the offense and defense seem to be complete chaos, lacking any structure and with ALL improvisation.

Anyone putting ALL of the blame on the players is stupid. We have almost a completely new team this year with the addition of the freshmen and the loss of Russel, Nared and Hayes. We started out strong last year, too, then started stinking up the gym after about 14 or 15 games.

For the first time since the NCAA sanctioned a Women's basketball championship tournament (1982), there is a strong possibility that Tennessee won't be a part of it. That would have to be the last straw for Holly. It just has to be.

Not that anyone cares, but I would NEVER forgive the university if they let that happen just because they wanted to wait until the program hit rock bottom before making the change.

The powers-that-be need to respect the program’s legacy enough to dothe right thing FOR THE PROGRAM. Noone wants to see Holly, a beloved VFL, hurt by being replaced. But sometimes that just happens in life. Sometimes we find out only after having taken a new job that it wasn’t the right job for us. Being a head coach is not the job for Holly Warlick. There simply is no reasonable argument for suggesting she is.

Let Rick Barnes run a practice. A player turns the ball over--she does a 50-rep set on the VersaClimber. Miss a layup-- run the stairs. Can't make a FT-- do 100 after practice. Barnes is tough and so are his players. So was Pat and so were her players. Holly's team is soft because they haven't been pushed, and they're mentally fragile because toughness hasn't been demanded. If the talent and the want-to is there, the LVs can be fixed. If they've lost their will to win and pride doesn't drive them, then they'll end up with the program's first losing record and we'll see more players transfer.

I got a lot of crap for calling out Fulmer for his lack of action on this....but part of being an AD is having the testicular fortitude to make the tough decisions.... and this isn't even tough. If he's worried about how this would effect recruiting what does it matter? She had the # 1 class in the nation 2 years ago and has done NOTHING with it. What is the point in recruiting top talent? To win games...titles...etc. She just lost to Alabama for the 5TH STRAIGHT TIME. This was a 9-8 Bama team on a 3 game losing streak...and she just lost by 21 points to them. My gawd. What more needs to happen? She's never won anything since she took over....so what's the point in fretting over the recruiting? Holly has tuned this program into a complete and utter disgrace. Shameful.

Let Rick Barnes run a practice. A player turns the ball over--she does a 50-rep set on the VersaClimber. Miss a layup-- run the stairs. Can't make a FT-- do 100 after practice. Barnes is tough and so are his players. So was Pat and so were her players. Holly's team is soft because they haven't been pushed, and they're mentally fragile because toughness hasn't been demanded. If the talent and the want-to is there, the LVs can be fixed. If they've lost their will to win and pride doesn't drive them, then they'll end up with the program's first losing record and we'll see more players transfer.

Is there any significant pressure on Fulmer to make a move?

That was the worst. I would like to say rock bottom (I hope so) but it could even get worse. A major embarrassment against ND and I think we will have reached the end of the line.

VN Store

Back