Holly has lost this team

With a good hire and the excitement that could bring to the Lady Vols again I imagine the added attendance would pay for a coaching upgrade sooner rather than later.

Newsflash from the presser, Holly doesn't know whats wrong with this team? Thats because nothing is wrong with this team. The dullard commentator actually ask and answered the questions himself and got her thru it. Amazing!

Not that anyone cares, but I would NEVER forgive the university if they let that happen just because they wanted to wait until the program hit rock bottom before making the change.

The powers-that-be need to respect the program’s legacy enough to dothe right thing FOR THE PROGRAM. Noone wants to see Holly, a beloved VFL, hurt by being replaced. But sometimes that just happens in life. Sometimes we find out only after having taken a new job that it wasn’t the right job for us. Being a head coach is not the job for Holly Warlick. There simply is no reasonable argument for suggesting she is.
It's Fulmer's job to step up and see what many of us are witnessing. It's a time to react thing meaning the longer this goes on the more dire the consequences. I'm sure the players love Holly or they wouldn't be here. Maybe they are new in regards to playing time together but what's now going on has been played out before. The players should be getting in synch as a unit and getting a feel for each other as the games and season moves on but the opposite occurs. It is simple......lack of leadership.

Reactions: Rockyjr
It would be ideal if both sides come to a mutual agreement after the season and agree to part ways because it would be for the best and if that does happen i want a thorough coaching search and i don't want the job handed to just anybody or someone with no damn experience. if they want to right the wrong then they have to look and search for the best and not settle for just anybody.

Last edited:
Holly doesn't even seem to be a positive influence in the community. You never hear of good endeavors and philanthropy efforts. Her subpar coaching has split the fanbase. She disappears quite often when she should be making appearances.

Holly was in Way over her head from the jump. She just isn't HC material, and evidently has enormous Personal issues; therefore distracted from Reality; since She obviously has no clue of what's happening on the Court.

This has been the pattern for the last three seasons. The teams starts out way better and regresses as the season progresses. No one on this team is getting better some are worse players now than when the season started. It happens every season with Holly. Meme is now in the third year of her mid-season disappearing act. This may be the season we don't make the NCAA a lot of work to do to even get there.

It would be ideal if both sides come to a mutual agreement after the season and agree to part ways because it would be for the best and if that does happen i want a thorough coaching search and i don't want the job handed to just anybody or someone with no damn experience. if they want to right the wrong then they have to look and search for the best and not settle for just anybody.
I'm not convinced that "no damn experience" is a problem. Pat had zero. Kara Lawson is on the UT BoT and has the drive and skill. Her experience will not be a game stopper. Nikki Fargas (Caldwell) would seem to the the experienced choice. Either would be fine by me. Fulmer should be meeting with both right now to be positioned to transition quickly.

Folks Holly has lost this team. There was no effort and Holly was out coached for the fourth time in a row. This was awful and a pitiful attempt at coaching. Face it Holly supporters, she SUCKS as a head coach. If she had any respect for Pat and the Lady Vol program, she would quit.
Pleeeeeease - some rich alum buy Holly a new Harley and a road map with arrows showing exit down I 40 West

Reactions: teacherdean
Last night was the worst I've seen - total quit and I really cant blame the players- every article I read after loss Holly is saying they didn't they they - never we or my - takes no blame and we all know the problem. Folks say she's been a loyal LV but I say not. If she were loyal she would have retired by now as she has to know she can't cut it. Folks it's all about $$$$$

It's hard to argue. I've been critical of Holly, but for the most part I think her players have liked her and play hard for her. This is the first time in her tenure I'm wondering if her team has quit on her...
You are a supreme, "glass half full" person.

Last night was the worst I've seen - total quit and I really cant blame the players- every article I read after loss Holly is saying they didn't they they - never we or my - takes no blame and we all know the problem. Folks say she's been a loyal LV but I say not. If she were loyal she would have retired by now as she has to know she can't cut it. Folks it's all about $$$$$
Cut the losses. "Promote" her to Cronyn's former job (AD for Women's Sports) and move forward.

I'm not convinced that "no damn experience" is a problem. Pat had zero. Kara Lawson is on the UT BoT and has the drive and skill. Her experience will not be a game stopper. Nikki Fargas (Caldwell) would seem to the the experienced choice. Either would be fine by me. Fulmer should be meeting with both right now to be positioned to transition quickly.
First off There is ONLY ONE PAT SUMMIT. point blank, there won't be another. i don't understand this logic of wanting the coaching job handed to someone cause they have ties to the program or because they were great players.

Last edited:
Folks Holly has lost this team. There was no effort and Holly was out coached for the fourth time in a row. This was awful and a pitiful attempt at coaching. Face it Holly supporters, she SUCKS as a head coach. If she had any respect for Pat and the Lady Vol program, she would quit.
And many fans

Reactions: bugsme

Welcome to VolNation!

I am usually slow to call for firing a coach because I don't know everything that goes on. But after that game last night, I am calling for a change before the whole thing is dragged down to oblivion.

Reactions: alaVOL
It's hard to argue. I've been critical of Holly, but for the most part I think her players have liked her and play hard for her. This is the first time in her tenure I'm wondering if her team has quit on her...

Did you watch any of the 2015-16 season? Or 2016-17? It's the same stuff, just a different year and without players as good as Diamond/Nared/Russell. Players have given inconsistent efforts the last 6-7 years since Holly took over. She doesn't hold players accountable and doesn't push them to be better.

I totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLLY SHOW SOME HONOR TO THE YOUNG LADIES AND GRACEFULLY STEP DOWN WHILE THEIR IS SOME DIGNITY LEFT FOR YOUR BANNER IN THE ARENA .

Reactions: Nute Gunray
Holly doesn't even seem to be a positive influence in the community. You never hear of good endeavors and philanthropy efforts. Her subpar coaching has split the fanbase. She disappears quite often when she should be making appearances.

If she was TRULY impacting the community in a + way, then you probably wouldn't hear much of it anyway. TRUE givers don't run around in an entourage of cameras / marketing & PR types. Most of the visible stuff is corporate marketing and not charity. So, I wouldn't put too much stock in that.

She's got a mountain to climb in Ws&Ls at this point. I have little faith that she survives this. But, I hope that fans NEVER negate her contributions on the court and assisting just bc she's over her head at this level.

We have GOT to be better than that!

First off There is ONLY ONE PAT SUMMIT. point blank, there won't be another. i don't understand this logic of wanting the coaching job handed to someone cause they have ties to the program or because they were great players.

THANK YOUUUU!!!!!

This emotional "keep it in the family" hire with nary a single other interview is how we got into this mess in the first place. If we want to win and retake an elite place in WCBB then hire the absolute BEST coach available. Woman, man, black, white, Asian, young, old, hansome, pretty, ugly, regardless of UT ties or not! Oh, and regardless of last name, just in case any of that group are still around.

I hope Phil doesn't allow the same mistake twice.

THANK YOUUUU!!!!!

This emotional "keep it in the family" hire with nary a single other interview is how we got into this mess in the first place. If we want to win and retake an elite place in WCBB then hire the absolute BEST coach available. Woman, man, black, white, Asian, young, old, hansome, pretty, ugly, regardless of UT ties or not! Oh, and regardless of last name, just in case any of that group are still around.

I hope Phil doesn't allow the same mistake twice.

I agree with your point. I think you make a list of the best coaches and go down until you catch one. So, start with Dawn Staley or whoever that #1 target is and make her/him say no. Where they went to college is secondary or tertiary.

Reactions: livefaith

VN Store

Back