Hiking Thread

bigvols98

I believe this is still closed. It's not very clear to me, but I think Greenbrier Rd is closed to traffic entirely and only open for pedestrian/bike traffic up to the Ramsey Prong Bridge
Need to check on that. A dozen or so years ago a couple buddies and I hiked the "man way" from the end of Porters Creek up the ridge to the AT next to Charlie's Bunion. Awesome and adventurous hike, want to do it one more time before knees go

Last edited:

flatiron

Why are so many photographers infatuated with long exposure waterfalls/streams? Yall think a waterfall needs make-up to look pretty?
I like the way it looks and it gives a sense that the water is moving. You’re not really doing anything special to make the waterfall “look pretty”, just slowing the shutter speed down some. Plus it looks better than just another iPhone pic, at least to me.

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
Here’s Baskins Creek Falls and a picture from the burned area
View attachment 314103 View attachment 314104
Nice hike thanks for the recommendation. Of course a ton of cars parked for Rainbow and Grotto falls. Didn’t see many people on this one. It was nice. I almost stepped on and got lunged at by a Copperhead. Was sitting right next to the trail.

Go aeiou

Nice hike thanks for the recommendation. Of course a ton of cars parked for Rainbow and Grotto falls. Didn’t see many people on this one. It was nice. I almost stepped on and got lunged at by a Copperhead. Was sitting right next to the trail.
I walked right over one on a trail at Lake Mckamey? Near the Ocoee River. My daughter, 8 yo saw it and jumped about 3 feet high over it as she screamed. Her mom then saw it and ran the other way. The trail had many dead pine branches on the ground, and the still snake blended right in.

golfballs

Mostly Peaceful Poster
I walked right over one on a trail at Lake Mckamey? Near the Ocoee River. My daughter, 8 yo saw it and jumped about 3 feet high over it as she screamed. Her mom then saw it and ran the other way. The trail had many dead pine branches on the ground, and the still snake blended right in.
Yeah my wife was a nervous wreck the rest of the hike

chatsworth_vol

We went on our first family hike in a while. Went up on grassy mtn in the Chattahoochee NF. Did a little over 4 miles. It about whipped our butts, especially mine. I'm not in the shape for this YET. Did find some flowers and a cute little rat snake on road up. Also saw a bear on the way down but he didn't cooperate for a pic.

Attachments

VN Store

Sponsors